• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else love El Rey Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
el-rey-network__large.gif

http://www.elreynetwork.com/

Anyone else watch it?

I thought Robert Rodriguez getting his own channel was going to be the dumbest thing in the world, but I'm glad to say I was 100% wrong. I mean about 50% of the time slots are filled with reruns of old television shows, and another 10-20% are filled with Matador and the From Dusk Till Dawn television show, but the movies they bring on weekly are pretty damned awesome and typically not aired on other channels. The only downside is it's definitely a bit repetitive across a week span, due to the before mentioned breakdown, and the fact that movies for that week are re-aired... and re-aired... and re-aired until the next week hits.

If your film tastes are in line with that of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, and by that I mean Exploitation and Genre films, then you're definitely in for a treat. It's got classic Kung Fu films, Blaxploitation films, Grindhouse films, etc. I find myself recording a few movies per week.

I actually haven't had a chance to watch Matador or the From Dusk Till Dawn television show though, so I can't vouch for him, but I've heard decent things.

Matador is good. It's really fun and light, and Nicky Whelan is so goddamn hot.

From Dusk Til Dawn is... not. It's kinda trashy, but not in a good way. It's okay, I guess, at best.

harSon

Banned
I forgot to mention the Director's Chair interviews he holds with Directors. They're pretty damned good, especially considering the people he's chosen so far (Carpenter, Del Toro and Tarantino) can talk their asses off about film and never stop being interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom