• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else seen the Lost pilot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I know it's not supposed to be on TV until September time or something, but it's...out there. Not hard to find.

For those who don't know, Lost is the new series from JJ Abrams (who created Alias) and is about a plane crash on a desert island where not everything is as it seems, and the survivors having to deal with it.

Personally I really liked it. It kept me interested throughout, has likeable, intriguing characters (well, those who are meant to be likeable are likeable anyway) and lots of little and not so little hints at secrets amongst the characters. And the island too. Pity I have to wait 3 or 4 months to even begin to find out more things about them.

I don't know how long the show will be able to sustain itself under it's current premise...but I've only seen a pilot, I'm not really sure where it's heading anyway. I have faith in the show, despite Alias having a pretty poor 3rd season. One of the main reasons for that is undoubtedly the creation of this new programme, plus of course The Catch, Abrams other show coming in mid-season. If it's as good as the first two Alias seasons, we're in for a treat.

Good cast too. I don't recognise the two leads from anything, which is probably a good thing, but they're excellent. Well, I say leads, but I'm not entirely certain of that yet, there are other characters who get almost as much screen time. I know quite a lot of the rest of the cast though (I'll use character names, I can't be bothered looking up all the real ones):

Gavin (Angel)
Merry (LOTR)
Adam (Smallville)
Link (The Matrix sequels)
Kendall (Alias)

Spoilers now.

Lots of intriguing questions. What's Kate done, or at least been accused of? Is she innocent? I'm guessing yes, she did put the mask on the fed when he was knocked out. What's the secret "Kendall" was about to tell the kid? What's attacking them? Was the crash an accident? Was the dog watching them at one point meant to show anything, or just that the dog is alive? What's with the Chinese couple, is it as simple as a wife trying to come out from her husband's dominance or something more? A polar bear? Good stuff.

SKluck

Banned
Fucking polar bears? Who came up with that shit?

I don't doubt there is something deeper than what was shown in the pilot, but seriously how long can you keep people on an island like this. This ain't Gilligan's island.

Cancer guy from Party Of Five is the lead.

POLAR BEARS?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Wake up man, what the hell do you think all that was about? The question they're asking themselves is, "Why the hell is there a polar bear in the tropics?" It's not like the writers are now sitting round slapping their heads and going, "Dammit, I KNEW there was something wrong with that polar bear scene!" A rather obvious explanation that comes to mind is that there's some sort of French research facility on the island which experimented on animals and some of the dangerous ones, perhaps genetically engineered somehow, got free. Very Jurassic Park, I know, but it explains the polar bear. Who knows where they're heading with it though.

The one thing they're not going to do is not explain it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom