• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone get Paper Mario?

Belfast

Though I'm quite sure it probably won't be in stores til tomorrow or Wed. for most people, I was just wondering if anybody was somehow able to grab a copy today and if it was even worth bothering to look.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Not unless you're a member of the press, work for Nintendo, or live close their distribution center.

I'm considering renting this game instead of purchasing. I don't know yet, I really like the PM series.

Deku Tree

I got this email on Saturday (w/ free overnight shipping):

Thank you for shopping at the IGN Gamestore! Below you will find important information regarding your order.

Date: 10/9/2004
Order: ***************

Your order shipped on 10/8/2004.

So I thought I was going to get it in the mail today. But so far nothing. Maybe the email is wrong or the mailman is on a holiday?

Belfast

Well, its release date is today is all. Which usually means a lucky few will get it barring shipping problems. Its doubtful that includes me, far on the east coast.

I'll be picking it up at the end of the week. I still have to finish my Second Sight review...And I want to play through Fable again, but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Prospero

Deku Tree said:
So I thought I was going to get it in the mail today. But so far nothing. Maybe the email is wrong or the mailman is on a holiday?

Today is Columbus Day--not a holiday for most of us, but still a holiday for the Man and his postal-service minions.

Prospero said:
Today is Columbus Day--not a holiday for most of us, but still a holiday for the Man and his postal-service minions.
UPS and Fedex are still at it though. And normally Nintendo does their shipping through one of those two here.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I could have gotten today if I preordered probably. But I'm waiting a couple days so I can get it for $38 at Fry's :p

better than the frys deal, why dont you go to gamestop, buy a copy of madden 2001 for $1.99, then buy a copy of madden 2002 on xbox/ps2 for $3.99 each, and go to gamerush where you will get paper mario for CHEAP after trade-in of those 3 games. i'll do the math for you:

$49.99 (trade in 2 or more games, get any preorder for $29.99 + get the trade in credit)

so, $49.99 - 20.00 = $29.99 - $1.50 - $3.50 - $3.50 = $20.50

THEN, they also have a deal running where you trade in any 3 games, you get $5 additional per game, so

$20.50 - 5 - 5 - 5 = $5.50

you get paper mario for $5.50 (+ the $10 you paid for those used games), you come out paying $15.50 for paper mario. go gamerush!

i have actually done it. it varies from gamerush to gamerush. some of them don't combine coupons, for some reason mine does.

infact here is a funny story. i traded in 3 games, and reserved mk deception kollectors edition.

not only did they give me the extra $5 per game, they also bumped the price down to $29.99 (mk deception retails for $59.99, you would think they would bump it down to $39.99 in that instance). so i traded in three games from the $2 overstock.com deal, and i got mk deception for free + money on a gift card. basically i spent $8.80 and got MK Deception kollectors edition plus $3 extra on my gift card. checkout your gamerush though, i can't guarantee anything

Vibri

Banned
I have it and am about three hours in. Infact did anyone here play the JP version through? Cus I'm stuck in the first castle...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone see the game at Best Buy or Circuit City? I know the ad says Wednesday but I want it today

Top Bottom