• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone get Viewtiful Joe 2 yet?

BOMB. Maybe cause they brought it out so fast, maybe cause VJ was too hard, maybe cause its no longer exclusive but I no longer care for the franchise... it was a great romp when I got it but now I don't have the desire to shell out $50 for a me too clone for the most parts.

B :) MB

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm getting the GCN version tomorrow. EB dude said the PS2 one hits the same day. I think he's mistaken, however.

VJ is one of my favorite games of this generation, but I do half agree with VJ2 coming out too soon. Not like it is bad enough I have NFL 2K5, BurnOut 3, Star Ocean 3, Sly Cooper 2, X-Men Legends, Ratchet & Clank 3, Halo 2, Pikmin 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my plate right now which has/will force me to pass on Paper Mario 2, Metroid Prime 2, Prince of Persia 2 and probably a few more. I believe I will no doubt have a great time going through 2, but the fact that Joe gets NO new abilities and Slyvia plays so similiar has me let down. However, I'll definitely pick it up for 'da Cube sometime in early 2005 along with the others I passed on.

Deku Tree

TheGreenGiant said:
BOMB. Maybe cause they brought it out so fast, maybe cause VJ was too hard, maybe cause its no longer exclusive but I no longer care for the franchise... it was a great romp when I got it but now I don't have the desire to shell out $50 for a me too clone for the most parts.

B :) MB

It's only $40.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Viewtiful Joe 2 and Baten Kaitos are on my "Get eventually" list, trumped by Metroid Prime 2 and the DS.

Scary.

Releasing this game the same month as MGS3, MP2, Halo2 AND HL2 was Capdumb.

Too bad, so sad. I'm still buying it but I know I'm in the minority here :-\

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i really loved the first, but i just cant get excited for this sequel... i'll likely pick it up sometime next year, when its cheap.

Memles

It's on my Christmas List. I still didn't get past Fire Leo in the first one, so I have a feeling I'll suck ass at this one too. But, I really enjoyed the first one.

Of course, if I get it, I'll have Metroid Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Pikmin 2 and Viewtiful Joe 2 to play after Christmas.

So...that should be interesting, juggling those.

Top Bottom