• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone having problems with XBL?

Ecrofirt

I'm trying to setup an account, and I'm on the last page where you click Yes to create your gamertag.

Clicking yes says it's unable to connect due to technical difficulties. It's not my router though, because I'm able to play XBConnect and stuff.

Any ideas what the heck is wrong?

Ecrofirt

Yea, I don't know if there's a server overload with Halo 2 or anything.

That's why I'm asking. Anyone experiencing problems?

Hah, and now my dad just had a problem getting a Windows Update to work, although I'm sure the two are completely unrelated.

Ecrofirt

ok, so it's 12:15 and I'm still having this problem.

Crazy.

I did the test in my dashboard to make sure my network settings were correct, and it connected to XBL. WTF is gonig on?

Rhindle

Their servers seem to be way overloaded. The matching servers are way slow as hell. Just try again late tonight probably.

Sorry to hear about your problem. One weird thing I noticed was I tried to send a friend invite to someone (through the Halo 2 Live menu), with a voice message attached, and a message kept coming back saying there is a problem with Xbox Live right now. After several tries, I sent an invite without a voice message, and it went thru okay. Probably just a glitch that will be resolved soon, hopefully like yours.

Top Bottom