• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone know where to find Freespace 2?

Eric-GCA

Banned
I just remembered an old space sim/shooter game that I played once a long time ago. And after browsing the net I found out that it was indeed Freespace 2. It's definately something I'd like to pick up, but I've heard that it went out of print ages ago, and there are almost no copies left.

I was lucky a few years ago when I snagged a copy of System Shock 2 at a local Gamestop, but this time around I haven't been able to locate FS2.

I guess there's no way to download it from Interplay or something huh? Too bad, they should do something like what Valve did with Steam.

Interplay recently (february) rereleased the game through their online store...at full MSRP. Now that Interplay is basically vapor and the license is up for grabs, additional copies of FS2 are going to be pretty hard to find.

Vlad

Good luck. I've been looking for a copy on and off for the better part of the last few years, with absolutely zero luck. Every time I ask a Gamestop/EB if they have a copy, I get the "yeah right" look (the same one I get when I ask if they by any chance have any copies of Rez...).

I just did a search on Ebay, and they do have some copies up there. That's all up to you if you want to trust Ebay or not, though.

border

It is officially abandonware, so technically it is okay to download a copy.

The-Underdogs.org offers a torrent, but it is of the ripped version (no movies or music).

If you want the full three disc edition, the only advice I can give you is to request it in alt.binaries.old.games, or hope that someone posts it there. To my knowledge there is no torrent of the complete edition.

If you want a retail boxed version, then just keep checking ebay I suppose.

Eric-GCA

Banned
That'd be awesome if someone here posted the full game. I can't see how it'd be illegal since as you said, the developers and publishers both have abandoned the title.

Top Bottom