• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone Looking Forward To Dynasty Warriors 4?

I haven't seen or read any reviews yet, but from what I've read from the previews it looks pretty cool. Instead of going on different quests (or whatever they are officially called), you get to conquer a whole map, play politics, make deals, etc. It's also, from what I've read in GamePro, supposed to retail for 29.99.

This will be my first Dynasty Warriors purchase since I finally have a PS2 for the first time since late 2001. I've played the other 3 and 2 at friends houses. Generally, how is the Dynasty Warriors series perceived generally? I don't really hear too much about it on forums like these. I happen to really enjoy the game, especially when playing co-op. So, anyone else looking forward to this?

Isn't this thread about a year late?

edit: nm...I see that you mean the Empires edition due this week or so.

And to the topic, no. I'm waiting for KUF: TC on around the same day.

belgurdo

Banned
Unless there's extra characters I don't know if I can really justify dropping $90 on the original+XL+Empires since I already have the Xbox version, but the new approach to missions sounds interesting

User 406

Banned
I've got an enormous hardon for Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires. Ever since I got hooked on the series, I've wanted to see Koei move the series towards their Romance of the Three Kingdom games, so I could have a good stragegy game where the battles are fought Dynasty Warriors style. The screens I've seen make Empire mode look a bit like a game of Risk with more depth, so it's an excellent first step. Hopefully they can take that even further next generation.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
belgurdo said:
I don't know if I can really justify dropping $90 on the original+XL+Empires
Then don't.
Playing XL before the original or either before Empires isn't a requisite.

Chad Paulson said:
Generally, how is the Dynasty Warriors series perceived generally?
There's a handful of people that like the series.
There's a larger majority of people that say it's as boring as 2D side-scroll beat'em ups were a decade ago.
Then there's a small, vocal minority that get really pissed when the game sells better than 75%+ of the software in Japan and have to let everyone know how repetitive DW is.

MoxManiac

Damn straight I am! One of my favorite franchises this generation, and Empires' new strategic take on the series sounds great.

Anyone know if Empires accepts DW4 and XL data? If so, what does it do?

jarrod

Banned
I wanna know more about Dynasty Warriors PSP & DS... especially the newer strategic slant the DS game is supossedly taking (like Empires?).

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'll get it, but at this point it's nothing more than being dutiful to the series. Absolutely no interest in playing it.

Tellaerin

I'm one of the handful that really like the series. Then again, I still enjoy playing 2D side-scrolling beat-'em-ups, too. ;)

Top Bottom