• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone remember Resident Evil for Gameboy Color?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Did anyone actually get to play it? I thought it was pretty cool to see a PSone game on a portable. It may look crappy now but I thought it looked amazing back then

http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/132/132032p1.html

residentevil_1.jpg

residentevil_2.jpg

residentevil_3.jpg

residentevil_4.jpg

residentevil_5.jpg

residentevil_6.jpg

residentevil_7.jpg

residentevil_8.jpg

residentevil_9.jpg

residentevil_10.jpg

residentevil_11.jpg

residentevil_12.jpg

residentevil_13.jpg

residentevil_14.jpg

residentevil_15.jpg

residentevil_16.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mejilan said:
Whatever happened to that developer? Hotgen, they were called, I think?

Looks like they're still around. Their track record doesn't have any exciting games, though

http://games.ign.com/objects/026/026936.html?ui=GameDetailBox

Game Boy Advance
Egg Mania
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles

Game Boy Color
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Resident Evil
Road Champs BXS Stunt Biking
Star Wars Episode I: Obi-Wan's Adventures
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Uno

GameCube
Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness

PC
Sky Sports Football Manager

PlayStation
Mobil 1 Rally Championship

PlayStation 2

Xbox

NLB2

Banned
Wario64 said:
I thought it was pretty cool to see a PSone game on a portable.
Resident Evil Gaiden release date: September 1st, 1999.
PSp'nked.

edit: that was the anticipated release date. My mistake. PSP is unp'nked.

Resident Evil Gaiden was wretched. They should have just stayed with the port of part one. Looked good to me. I'd love to see what it looked like in motion.

Wario64 said:
I think IGN has a video of the game but the link is dead. If anyone wants to try searching for it, the broken link is at http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/076/076891p1.html

http://pocketmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/games/residentevilretrospect.mov

Someone has it have it mirrored somewhere...

I assume it wasn't that good in motion though since the game was cancelled

Not to change the subject, that's why I hate IGN. I question why I still pay to be an Insider when not all their links... one which I pay access for... are often dead. I don't care if the file or video in question is really old, I pay for it, I want it!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
As for the dev team's track record: Jedi Power Battles was actually pretty damn fun for a beat-em up and had excellent presentation, good animation, and some good adaptions of the movie's music. Not a AAA title by any stretch, but worth a dip in the bargain bin.

Gazunta

I played it at E3. The sprite scaling was cool. There wasn't much to do from what I recall, and since I wasn't a rabid RE fan then (still not) I moved on. The backgrounds looked great, the control system felt the same and I think it would have been worthy if it was completed.

cvxfreak

I really wish they continued this game on GBA, but alas, RE and portables don't really mix.

Although the DS can do it justice! :D

Sho Nuff

Banned
I talked to a guy at Nintendo about this years ago. Apparently the version people played at E3 was made in about 2-3 weeks by two guys, and nothing really happened in its development after that--it was indefinitely shelved.

hobbitx

residentevil_12.jpg

residentevil_13.jpg

I remember it was these exact same shots I saw in EGM's preview section that had me drooling over this game. Out of all the RE's I've played, the original is my absolute favorite. Not to say it's any better or superior, but it was just something about the level design, and the feel of exploring that creepy old house that just had me hooked. To be able to play a 2d handheld version of that game would have been a dream come true, even if it got bad reviews I would have loved to play around with it. Oh well, there probably will be a real DS or PSP port anyway.

Gazunta

CVXFREAK said:
I really wish they continued this game on GBA, but alas, RE and portables don't really mix.

Strangely enough the Game.com version of RE I enjoy the best. As I said though, I dont really enjoy RE :)

shibbs

I remember very well that i was amazed by these screens. I know it got canned first and released later but never got to play it.

NLB2 said:
Perhaps it is just me but I would consider that a good thing.

Oops! Sorry... poor wording there (hey it was one in the morning and I was half asleep). But you know what I meant, I hope.

10% of the time, when I try accessing an older file, it doesn't work. And considering what I'm paying for, it's pretty frustrating.

Top Bottom