• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone spot Technic Beat?

Soul4ger

Remember, Mastiff said this was shipping today. Please, keep an eye out. If anyone finds a copy, post it in here so we can know where it's available.

WarPig

If it is coming out today, nice of them to not tell the working press. I dunno if we ever even got a copy to play...

DFS.

Soul4ger

WarPig said:
If it is coming out today, nice of them to not tell the working press. I dunno if we ever even got a copy to play...

DFS.

Someone posted on here last week that Head Woof said it was shipping today. I dunno.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
you know, not to fault anyone in particular, but when everybody sees the same delays and accidental untruths that WD/SNK/capcom USA consistently put out to pinpoint predictability, why expect mastiff to be any different?

Soul4ger

I spoke with Mastiff's "head woof" tonight about an unrelated issue, but afterwards I asked him for my own curiosity what was going on with technic beat. He told me it is finished, and certainly IS shipping, next Moday (the 11th).

So woot!

From a post by GDJustin on 10/7.

I'm not going to be disgruntled if Mastiff does delay the game for a couple weeks, but I do want to make sure I get a copy, just in case it ships today. I don't know, is there something wrong with that?

Anyway, Dave, I don't know if it's because they reviewed the import copy or not, but PSE2 wrote something up on Technic Beat this month. Gave it a 92% I think, too. You probably know how to get in touch with Zach, he's the one who did it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah Bill Swartz from Mastiff told me it was shipping this week, but that they have had a hard time getting retailers to take to the game. He said around Xmas time it should be a lot easier to find. For some reason it's getting a lot wider distribution then.

Soul4ger

GDJustin said:
Yeah Bill Swartz from Mastiff told me it was shipping this week, but that they have had a hard time getting retailers to take to the game. He said around Xmas time it should be a lot easier to find. For some reason it's getting a lot wider distribution then.

Nod. Thanks. I would like to get it before the Christmas rush, but if I gotta wait, I gotta wait.

WarPig

That's funny, 'cuz Gungrave OD was available pretty widely at launch. I guess TB is maybe a tougher sell.

DFS.

GDJustin

Gungrave had a ton of cross promotion with the DVD, and was more accepted to begin with. You'd think Katamari would open some in-roads with specialty shops, but eh...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Soul4ger said:
I'm not going to be disgruntled if Mastiff does delay the game for a couple weeks, but I do want to make sure I get a copy, just in case it ships today. I don't know, is there something wrong with that?

YES

no. really I was making a limp comment toward these threads that are all like CAPCOM DELAYS GAME X where I have to just wonder if some people here have alzheimer's.

but I know you don't have alzheimer's, SoFo. you're regular crazy.

Soul4ger

jooey said:
YES

no. really I was making a limp comment toward these threads that are all like CAPCOM DELAYS GAME X where I have to just wonder if some people here have alzheimer's.

but I know you don't have alzheimer's, SoFo. you're regular crazy.

Well, I feel better now that you cleared things up! Thanks!

Some how I get this feeling this thread's gonna taunt me. Everytime I see a 'bump' with this thread, I'm gonna click on it hoping for some good news but will most likely be disappointing frequently.

belgurdo

Banned
jooey said:
you know, not to fault anyone in particular, but when everybody sees the same delays and accidental untruths that WD/SNK/capcom USA consistently put out to pinpoint predictability, why expect mastiff to be any different?

The student is now the master?

Isn't it supposed to come out at $15USD? That's a pretty rockin' price, I'm more than interested enough to pick it up at that pricepoint.

I don't know about anyone else, but my patience with running around and trying to grab the next "greatest game no one has ever heard of" is getting very old. If the game bombs, it sorta is Mastiff's fault for not getting word out.

Many of us have heard of it and played both games (including me) - so fear not. At least buy it if you are a fan of Arika and Namco music :)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
FortNinety said:
Bump time. Anyone spot this game yet?

Nope, I can't even find a store that is getting it in...

GDJustin

Game has been delayed to 11/03 due to distributor issues. At that time it'll most likely be available at costco and sams.

Edit: looks like costco allows online orders as well, so here's to hoping.

Vibri

Banned
I've had a build of this game for like three months. DFS - Mike Meyers can hook you up with it.

Pretty trippy weird shit. I might give it another try after Paper Mario 2.

Top Bottom