• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone watching Salem's Lot TNT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrboyev

after seeing the commercial for this and the grid played a million during the nba playoffs, I can see fuck this movie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't help but feel that the first part would have been a lot more suspensful and better overall if I didn't know the basic plot(Never saw the original or read the book, but I did know what it was about).

With that knowledge, though, much of this seemed to stretch out far too long.

mosaic

go eat paint
Since I didn't know f-all about how the mini-series was put together until tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to see that TNT's version is a major update / overhaul of the basic plot and not just a rehash of the original movie.

Anyone else tickled by the irony of Rob Lowe in the lead role? He's playing a guy looking into the dark secrets of a small town, and in real life, he's known for snorting cocaine and boning jailbait.

Also, I didn't think Donald Sutherland could be more freakishly scary than he was in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Color me wrong -- he's officially in the heebie jeebie club.

evil ways

Also, I didn't think Donald Sutherland could be more freakishly scary than he was in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Color me wrong -- he's officially in the heebie jeebie club.

Yeah, especially when you take into account that the guy looks almost exactly the same as he did in Body Snatchers and the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie, it's like they put him in a freezer and then take him everytime he gets a movie role.

AeroGod

I saw it in a movie theater premier on Wednesday, it wasnt half-bad. Im not familiar with the story though as i have never read the book or seen any other movie or TV version, so it was a new experience for me

Paradox

wow so uh... damn, I dident even know this was on tonight.... looks like I missed it :(

guess im gonna have to dl it... or are they reshowing it another day this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom