• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyway to decrease or stop new popups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davis

I tried the google toolbar that use to work and 2 other programs none seem to do anything anymore. Any new programs that would help?

I'd hate to be so rabid but...Firefox?

Well first, Adaware/Spybot. clear out any spyware and see if that fixes it. If not...Firefox.

impirius

Hey I hear Firefox works.

But yeah, run Ad-Aware and Spybot before you do anything else; plenty of pop-ups come from spyware and can't be controlled unless you remove the offending software.

davis

so I installed .9 until it tried to import all my IE files cookies etc. and half way through it crashed but the web browser came up and I tried to import everything from IE through file import but it kept having errors. I gonna try reinstall later but anyone else have problems importing IE6 stuff to firefox?

Friend

Another vote for firefox. Be sure to get the adblock extension too. I haven't had a single damn pop up since I have switched over.

If your're truly intent on continuing to use IE, then at least get the google toolbar.

Deg

Banned
Use Opera. Its the best internet browser anyway. Use adblock if you want to. Make sure you have spybot and adaware on your pc. There are prgrams that catch spyware before they hit your pc but arent 100% proof.

callous

Google toolbar blocks all popups for me. I wonder why it doesn't work for you, but a good cleaning with Spybot and adaware might sort you out.

Deg

Banned
callous said:
Google toolbar blocks all popups for me. I wonder why it doesn't work for you, but a good cleaning with Spybot and adaware might sort you out.

there are ads that get through google bar now. Listen to Bune duggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom