• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

APB: iPod engraving fun time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings! I bring a message from Jim Bowie, who cannot be with us at this moment because of his temporary 10 year old PC and 56k-ness.

Below is his speak!
--------------------------------

Hello, GAF! My name is Jim Bowie. You might remember me from posts who's forum name said Jim Bowie and who's avatar is a man being choked by a skeleton. I haven't been able to post in a great deal of time since I had no computer for a week and am now 56kin', which kind of like having no internet.

I write to you for a specific reason today. I'm purchasing a 40GB iPod for college (along with an awesome iBook). My reason for posting is this: I'm getting an engraving put in. What do you think I should make as my engraving? As an added fun bonus, my favorite will be the winner, and once I get it, I will scan it and post it for all to see. Therefore, it can't be anything too explicit, as per Apple's fubar censoring rules.

Thanks for helping out a brother, and I hope to be regularly posting in a few weeks.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I suggest:

Resale value = fuck all

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I heard that if you get the iPod laser engraved, they won't let you exchange or return it if you have problems.

"My other mp3 player is a Rio."
"Powered by WindowsXP."
"Do not put in children."
"Do not steal."
"If you can read this, get the fuck away from my iPod."
"Damn, I ran out of lett"

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Fusebox said:
"I Pirate music"

That one is actually good.

Especially since they come with a sticker that says "Don't pirate music" on the screen.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Mejilan said:
I heard that if you get the iPod laser engraved, they won't let you exchange or return it if you have problems.

Not true:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/

Will my custom laser engraving be preserved?
If your original iPod was personalized by Apple, your replacement iPod will be automatically personalized with same text. If your original iPod was custom laser engraved by another company, your replacement iPod will not be personalized.

Most of these I stole from some site:

YOUR AD HERE

May this iPod bring you
many years of D'oh

Every day I pray that
I won't drop this thing

trapped in iPod factory,
send help!

This is my coke mirror

I think just straight up "iGod" would be better.

You could go cliche and put

"iPod
therefore iAm"

How about

"I enrolled at Duke and all
I got was this lousy iPod"

Shit that's golden, I wish I went to Duke just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom