• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Pro |OT|

artsi

The media consumption is what I meant by well rounded. You can accomplish the same things as a Cintiq, but there's also a lot more you can do on top of that. Plus Pro has better screen than Cintiq.

Yeah, the 2732 x 2048 screen should look magnificent.

I'd also rather carry around the iPad Pro than Cintiq. It's smaller, and the weight is no contest:

iPad Pro = 0,7kg
Cintiq Companion = 1,7kg

As long as it has good display, software support and line quality, it will suit my needs as a mobile digital sketchbook.
So far it seems like the iPad Pro will deliver on all fronts and I can't wait to test it myself.

VoxPop

The iPad Pro seems to fit my needs pretty well. It's a shame I have to carry around the Intuos along with my laptop to do some work albeit being able to use actual Photoshop/Illustrator. It would be great to have one device I can just carry around to do work on saving the heavy lifting for the home or office. Hopefully the mobile Adobe apps live up to certain standards so I can have one go to device.

artsi

The iPad Pro seems to fit my needs pretty well. It's a shame I have to carry around the Intuos along with my laptop to do some work albeit being able to use actual Photoshop/Illustrator. It would be great to have one device I can just carry around to do work on saving the heavy lifting for the home or office. Hopefully the mobile Adobe apps live up to certain standards so I can have one go to device.

At least it seems like Adobe will be investing in iPad Pro software, hopefully they will work as well as they intend.

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversatio...ivity-apps-during-apple-ipad-pro-keynote.html

In theory the system they're aiming for sounds good. For drawing / painting I don't necessarily need the full Photoshop bloat, as I could easily save the PSD from Photoshop Sketch straight to Creative Cloud and continue the work on my desktop + Intuos without a sweat.

Servbot24

Banned
At least it seems like Adobe will be investing in iPad Pro software, hopefully they will work as well as they intend.

https://blogs.adobe.com/conversatio...ivity-apps-during-apple-ipad-pro-keynote.html

In theory the system they're aiming for sounds good. For drawing / painting I don't necessarily need the full Photoshop bloat, as I could easily save the PSD from Photoshop Sketch straight to Creative Cloud and continue the work on my desktop + Intuos without a sweat.

You shouldn't need your Intuos at all really, just pair the iPad Pro to your computer.

I forget if it works on PC, but it should if you have a Mac.

You shouldn't need your Intuos at all really, just pair the iPad Pro to your computer.

I forget if it works on PC, but it should if you have a Mac.

Wait what. Need more info with this.

Currently use an Intuos 5 at work. Wanted to get my own for personal use but if I could just pair an iPad Pro with my computer...

Blackhead

Redarse
Astropad is probably what they're referring to
yeah, just about to post that. there's nothing native from Apple or Adobe. Astropad requires installing a desktop app/drivers so you'll probably need admin access/approval on your work PC to use it. Also usability is obviously heavily dependent on the power of your desktop

Bgamer90

Banned
Does anyone know if the keyboard case can lay completely flat (i.e. behind the iPad Pro itself) for times in which I don't want to use the keyboard but still want to keep the case on the device? I haven't seen any videos of this.

What's the release date on this? It's not within the next week is it? It solves a bunch of problems for me being my Intuos has died (buttons dont work), I need a portable device for work & to travel with, it'll suffice as a second 'computer' instead of buying a laptop and i'm a real pro at life.

Does anyone know if the keyboard case can lay completely flat (i.e. behind the iPad Pro itself) for times in which I don't want to use the keyboard but still want to keep the case on the device? I haven't seen any videos of this.

I think it'll have a slight bump like it does on the top when it's covering the screen

What's the release date on this? It's not within the next week is it? It solves a bunch of problems for me being my Intuos has died (buttons dont work), I need a portable device for work & to travel with, it'll suffice as a second 'computer' instead of buying a laptop and i'm a real pro at life.

Release date is still November. Hell they don't even have a release date for the Apple TV yet and that's supposed to be in October

after reading up a little on this, I think I might get one since my old iPad just got broken a week ago and I still have a gift card with like $300 for Apple stuff lying around. when in Nov is the iPad Pro coming out anyway? on the 1st? I don't think I saw any available hands on units in store last week when I checked there.

Garou

after reading up a little on this, I think I might get one since my old iPad just got broken a week ago and I still have a gift card with like $300 for Apple stuff lying around. when in Nov is the iPad Pro coming out anyway? on the 1st? I don't think I saw any available hands on units in store last week when I checked there.

Always assume the last Friday of the month. But since they probably don't want to launch on Black Friday, the 20th would be a good guess I think, with preorders starting roughly a week before.

Always assume the last Friday of the month. But since they probably don't want to launch on Black Friday, the 20th would be a good guess I think, with preorders starting roughly a week before.

ack... I'm thinking more along the line of early Nov... oh well, guess I'll just have to work with the broken screen for the moment... orz

Blackhead

Redarse
Apple Pencil to Ship With Adapter for Charging With Lightning Cable
txzXZt1.jpg

Majine

Banned
Kinda wanted them to have a sleeve in the cases for the pen, Surface-style. I don't care if they would've ripped them off, it would've been practical.

no preorders huh.... guess i'm getting it in december lol.

good to see the pencil coming with a cord. now i just need to find the appropriate folio for this thing.

Tobor

I've got to try one in person. I'm not sold on the bigger size.

If they had announced everything in the Pro in the normal size iPad, I'd be day one. Maybe next year?

If they had announced everything in the Pro in the normal size iPad, I'd be day one. Maybe next year?

Same here!
I definitely going to try one as soon as possible, but I'm going wait for the hands on impressions to come out first before I commit to buy!

Hoo-doo

Banned

This. I have to see if pencil performance is really that good and whether the size is even practical.

solarus

Need to see UK pricing and if student discount is possible to see if I'm interested or not, I love my air 2 but the apple pencil functionality is much needed.

Hatty

Someone needs to bite the bullet for us - use your return policy as a long term home trial..
I'll try it sure
I already sold my Air 2. Though that was so I could buy a model with more storage. So I'm itching to buy something

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
All I need to buy it day one, is a RAW support annoncement. Otherwise I'll get it, but maybe a week or two later, once impressions make it impossible to wait more.

Man, i wonder how good it is to surf around with that monster since it has 4GB of ram compared to 2GB in Air 2/Mini 4.

I wonder when they're going to stop implementing the RAM flushing behavior on iOS. When you have 4GB of RAM, this behavior's a lot less necessary anymore.

I know we'd be extremely lucky for it to happen, but for the same reason, Apple really needs to put 4GB of RAM in the iPhone 7. We're getting to the point where smartphones have the computational power to be our primary computing device that we just dock/plug in/use WiDi for when we need to do desktop/serious work, but if Apple continues to include 2GB of RAM, all that power is worthless.

All I need to buy it day one, is a RAW support annoncement. Otherwise I'll get it, but maybe a week or two later, once impressions make it impossible to wait more.

I really wish iOS natively supported taking and processing RAW photos.

btkadams

It's out November 11th? Odd date. Well, I think I have that day off so I guess I'll just go to the store when it opens.

Do you guys think there will be a lineup? Is there much buzz with this? I want to get 128 black.

LCfiner

I'll be shocked if there's a lineup. This is really a niche iPad. I think you'll be able to just walk in and get one.

Heck, you could walk in and grab a cheaper, mainstream iPad on launch day for a few years now.

Appleman

I'll be shocked if there's a lineup. This is really a niche iPad. I think you'll be able to just walk in and get one.

Heck, you could walk in and grab a cheaper, mainstream iPad on launch day for a few years now.

I walked in and got an iPad 3 on launch no problem. I don't think they have the same insane launch day demand like iPhones do.

Only problem could be supply constraints if they're hard to manufacture

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I really want to know how this feels in the hand. It's as heavy as the iPad 3 and that thing is unwieldy. I'm going to be using it mostly in my hands instead of on a desk.

Top Bottom