• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

I'd think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

Uh no, its not listed for the iPad Air 2 which has 2GB of RAM

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

They never mention RAM. They increased it on the Air 2 and didn't mention it. You don't know what you're talking about.

CronoShot

They never once have mentioned RAM for iOS devices. Or battery size.

For some reason.

kharma45

I think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for. No excuse for it to not be listed with the rest of the specs. If they were bumping the RAM, it'd have been mentioned.

What, are they going to announce all the features in one announcement and then have a second announcement to reveal the RAM? Come the fuck on.

Didn't mention it on the Air 2. Didn't mention it in the 5.

Agram

Dat Sony shade
https://twitter.com/sonyxperia/status/641712869105627136
COfSdCWWoAAMQbD.png:large

Anyway, it is time I upgrade from my 4S. This will do.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Them keeping the 16GB is pretty much an unspoken price increase of $100.

How is this a price increase? They are offering better hardware and more features for the same price point as last year's phone.

A 6S provides more utility than a 6. The increased price is for that increased utility.

Your utility perception may not be that of every other consumer out there.

thenexus6

While 16GB is a joke, the thing that gets me more is the "system" takes up 3-5GB in these devices. Not a dig at just Apple, but why can't these manufactures put in say 20GB so the system takes its bit and the user is left with 16GB to actually use?

NeOak

While 16GB is a joke, the thing that gets me more is the "system" takes up 3-5GB in these devices. Not a dig at just Apple, but why can't these manufactures put in say 20GB so the system takes its bit and the user is left with 16GB to actually use?
Why do that when people instead will jump to one with a higher amount of storage and are willing to pay?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I don't know of any player in the tech industry who has done this. Why should Apple feel the need to hand out free storage and not show it off on a spec sheet?

Persona7

Banned

They don't make the flash memory chips.

Do we have confirmation on the 2GB RAM yet? I haven't seen it anywhere on the web yet but you seem adamant that it isn't 1GB.
Have yo my ever seen an apple conference they never announce the ram
All rumors for iPhone were correct so there is an extremely high likely hood this has 2 rather than 1 gb. Also force touch and 4K editing are confirmation it's 2 gb

This happened with iPad Air 2 as well

so does the Upgrade program basically just mimic what the major carriers have switched to? I assume you eventually own the phone outright after 24 months? That might be a good option for me to upgrade my phone while keeping my unlimited ATT plan.

Anno

Do we have confirmation on the 2GB RAM yet? I haven't seen it anywhere on the web yet but you seem adamant that it isn't 1GB.

I don't think there will be confirmation until someone has a device they can tear down. Basically every other leak was spot on, though, so I think most people are confident that this one will be as well.

Have yo my ever seen an apple conference they never announce the ram
All rumors for iPhone were correct so there is an extremely high likely hood this has 2 rather than 1 gb. Also force touch and 4K editing are confirmation it's 2 gb
They never announce RAM you're correct about that. I'd just have thought they would have shown off multitasking on an iPhone 6Plus or something to that extent but they completely ignored it. As I said you don't have anymore proof that it's 2GB than the people saying it's only 1 so I don't think you should be spreading false information either.

Nice, hopefully this will motivate some sucker to sell me his or hers iP6. My splintered iPhone4 is a wreck

That sucker could very well be me! Are you cool with a Silver unlocked AT&T 16gb 6+?

Glad they decided to keep the RAM at 1GB, the screen at sub 1080p...

6+ was 1080p as is 6s+.

I think they'd publish that information on a phone they've already started taking pre-orders for.

As others have stated, preorders haven't started yet. Please mind the gap.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
so does the Upgrade program basically just mimic what the major carriers have switched to? I assume you eventually own the phone outright after 24 months? That might be a good option for me to upgrade my phone while keeping my unlimited ATT plan.

Not sure why so many people are confused by this stuff.
It is likely an OAC (on approved credit) program. A downpayment may be needed by those with bad credit.

You are paying 24 installments for the phone instead of one lump sum.
You have the option to move to the new model at the 12 month mark (when the next iPhone comes out). An upgrade puts you back at 24 months since it is a new device.

To get off the treadmill you can do one of two things. Ride out the 24 payments or pay off the remaining lump sum.

The appealing part of Apple's program is it includes AppleCare which will cover the phone if anything happens to it.

I do a similar thing with T-Mobile (Jump on Demand) except I get the iPhone 6S+ for $19 per month instead of the $40 per month Apple charges. I don't have a warranty, but I can swap to an android or ios phone at my leisure up to 3 times per year.

ZeroX03

Banned
They never announce RAM you're correct about that. I'd just have thought they would have shown off multitasking on an iPhone 6Plus or something to that extent but they completely ignored it. As I said you don't have anymore proof that it's 2GB than the people saying it's only 1 so I don't think you should be spreading false information either.

All leaks point to 2GB and the iPad line is all 2GB now (except pro?). I would be incredibly surprised if it wasn't 2GB.

Bigfoot

Every thread for a new Apple product has the same old RAM question. Why Apple doesn't just announce it is beyond me. They know we will find out anyways once it is released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A 4k recording and live photos... = 16gb standard model.

Yeah... No Apple will wait for the iPhone 7.

Top Bottom