• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Applyin for a customer service job... Need interview tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I am applying for a customer service job.. where i answer phones and help people. I was wondering what kind of quesitons they mgiht ask and how I should answer them. I'm sure what skills i got will be asked..

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I did that for a couple years in college. It's a soul-sucking job that will cause you to hate humanity. My recommendation is to find something else to do, seriously.

Just talk to them, these kinds of jobs they're just looking for someone with a sensible likable personality. Everything you will NEED to know will be learned on the job. That goes for retail too.

I spent my last interview talking to a manager about videogames he liked for 30 minutes, I was hired on the spot, been with Staples for 2 years now. See, nothing to do with office supplies ;)

xsarien

daedsiluap
evil solrac v3.0 said:
just be nice and dont be fidgety. by the way, is there any real difference between customers ervice and a call center?

The latter's probably in India.

*ZING!*

I just got a job in this industry. I start on Monday. I found it rough when I started a similar job just out of high shcool, but now that I've been out of work for a little while I'm pretty excited about getting paid a decent starting wage without having to break my back. The jobs are few and far between around here.

I don't know if your interview will be at all similar to mine, but here's what mine consisted of:

Testing
a) typing test
b) basic computer knowledge test
c) problem solving (not mathematical)

Two Seperate Interviews
Mostly questions such as:

a) what did you like most about your last job
b) " " least about your last job
c) why did you leave your last job
d) can you think of a time when you didn't follow-through with something
e) how did you remedy this situation

etc. etc.