• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

vctor182

I'll check out poweramp later so far I'm liking n7player's album arrangement:

RxTmk.png

C7zbZ.png

MNC

Do nfc tags work with every phone? Doed it requuire a rom? Firmware based, software based? Womdering if i can get them working with an htc desire

Angst

Do nfc tags work with every phone? Doed it requuire a rom? Firmware based, software based? Womdering if i can get them working with an htc desire
You need a phone with NFC technology, it's not something you can patch in. Think of it as trying to enable 3G on a wifi-only tablet :p

Apps on Sale Update

xPhonePro - $.245 ($3.99)

Airline Flight Status Check - $2.99 ($3.99)

Function Inspector PRO - $0.99 ($2.49)

The Bard's Tale - $2.99 ($5.95)

TEAM BatteryBar Pro - $1.01 ($2.13)

Christmas List - $0.99 ($1.99)

iBirth Pregnancy App - $0.99 ($3.99)

Hyperlight - $0.99 ($1.99)

World of Goo - $1.99 ($4.99)

3D Christmas Live Wallpaper - $0.99 ($1.99)

Audubon Mushrooms - $0.99 ($4.99)

The 4-Hour Body - $2.99 ($3.99)

Steambirds - $0.99 ($1.99)

HD Caller ID Pro - $1.99 ($4.99)

iBlast Moki 2 - $0.99 ($2.99)

RAM Manager Pro - $1.29 ($2.08)

xxczx

What's the best app for like shopping lists?

Not grocery or anything, just a standard app that I can make a list of items I need to buy when payday comes next week so I don't forget and can tick/cross them off when I've brought them.

8bit

Knows the Score
What's the best app for like shopping lists?

Not grocery or anything, just a standard app that I can make a list of items I need to buy when payday comes next week so I don't forget and can tick/cross them off when I've brought them.

Tasks (which I think was on sale recently) integrates with Google Tasks and has a widget so it's quite good as a shopping list / list of things on the homescreen that can be updated from your desktop computer.

Chairhome

Tasks (which I think was on sale recently) integrates with Google Tasks and has a widget so it's quite good as a shopping list / list of things on the homescreen that can be updated from your desktop computer.

How exactly do you use Tasks like a shopping list (grocery list style)? I bought it on sale hoping I could do that.

xxczx

Just had a quick go.

Menu > Manage task lists > Create task list

Then start adding tasks to that list.

Thanks!

8bit

Knows the Score
How exactly do you use Tasks like a shopping list (grocery list style)? I bought it on sale hoping I could do that.

Create a tasklist called shopping, add items. Add widget to screen (the example is called Grocery list) with that list. You can add multiple items to a task or multiple items as tasks depending on your needs.

I don't really use complex shopping lists so it'e enough for my needs but you might want something like remember the milk instead.

Chairhome

Its a to do list app, just create a new group and add shit on it. When you are on your PC, you can access the lists from google calendar, or https://mail.google.com/tasks/m?pli=1

Create a tasklist called shopping, add items. Add widget to screen (the example is called Grocery list) with that list. You can add multiple items to a task or multiple items as tasks depending on your needs.

I don't really use complex shopping lists so it'e enough for my needs but you might want something like remember the milk instead.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

For simple "to buy" lists, I use Shopping List. It's free, and very intuitive - you just tap on the list and type, click an item to highlight in green marker effect, or tap the checkbox next to it to draw a line through it.

I walk around supermarkets with my shopping list on my nexus 7, tapping items off as I pick them up. If it's literally just a simple "buy these things" app you want, without the bloat, I don't think you could do much better.

UYmQCG7mrzsreqJWdz7uQBLDSfTFfAUOLmFwVyQM-1YABtgtJFkPgBJkMWNPE-ZyvQc

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If you guys are using Rdio like me, there's a new Rdio Beta app you can get here:

https://groups.google.com/a/rd.io/forum/#!forum/androidbeta

It's a pretty big redesign that was a long time coming and you can use it to control what Rdio is playing on your other devices:

Unified Player
What you are listening to on web or mobile is synced across all instances of Rdio.
Remote Control
Control the currently playing Rdio instance from the app.
Be controlled by remote Rdio instances.
Play Later
Add/remove items to your play later queue on web or mobile and they show up everywhere.
New Design
Slide-out side navigation is accessible throughout the app.
White Design

Seems pretty stable right now.

Divvy

Anyone know a good app for viewing docs or pdfs?

Preferably with the ability to resize text, or have dark mode?

snacknuts

we all knew her
It literally takes 5 seconds to look through the options to disable that...

I understand that, but I asked previously why I couldn't find a widget for it. I was told that the widget lives in the notification area. I don't want it there, and if I can't put a widget on the home screen, I have no use for the app.

buhdeh

I understand that, but I asked previously why I couldn't find a widget for it. I was told that the widget lives in the notification area. I don't want it there, and if I can't put a widget on the home screen, I have no use for the app.

There is an actual widget though. It even shows you in the app screenshots:
XmzISinIolONBq6_KDktWlEjwkPhl6Xlg65cyuR8j1ef_naFOcST4zkE7RxwFkNBqNtO

Maiar_m

Dunlop

Anyone have a problem with the Dolphin browser? It will just flat out not work on my phone anymore.

i cleared cache, force stopped and eventually uninstalled and reinstalled it.

Always "web page not available", every other browser I try on the phone works

Divvy

Playboard sent me a new link for the app.

If you install the playboard app here, it will automatically subscribe and configure the start screen with the Neogaf channels:

Also, we have 180 subscribers now. Awesome

Angst

If you install the playboard app here, it will automatically subscribe and configure the start screen with the Neogaf channels:

Thanks, downloaded.

DenisQc

nice :)
installed as I am too lazy to install it and configure :)

I just received the new Play Store update (Gnex), anyone else?

edit: finally a clean My Apps list.

So much old stuff deleted.

Just out of interest how do you tell? By checking version numbers in Settings / Apps?

Only reason I ask is that historically when I've had a play store update, it's all been done rather silently and I've not even realised it's updated.

Just out of interest how do you tell? By checking version numbers in Settings / Apps?

Only reason I ask is that historically when I've had a play store update, it's all been done rather silently and I've not even realised it's updated.

Usually I don't even check it but the new additions do have some visual changes that you will notice as the Play Sotre does update silently.

If you update/install your Apps now you will se the app icon in the notification area - that's how i figured it out.

also in the My apps list there is now a remove icon and you can multi select apps to remove them from the my apps list permanently.

Top Bottom