• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Shooter ‘Rogue Flight’ Revealed for PC and Consoles (Late 2024 Release Window)

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Via Noisy Pixel

Perp Games announced they will publish the Truant Pixel-developed arcade shooter Rogue Flight on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam in late 2024. A new trailer highlights this game’s awesome style, and we think you should check it out.

Rogue Flight transports players into an action-packed, arcade-style space combat experience, drawing inspiration from iconic 80s and 90s anime aesthetics. In the game, players traverse the Sol system, joining an elite flight force brought to life by a talented voice cast from beloved anime and video games like Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Overwatch, and Fallout 76. Players pilot advanced spacecraft, outfitted with various upgrades, and dive into fast-paced combat with multiple game modes and narrative choices, adding layers of replayability.

Set three years after the destruction of Earth by the ARGUS interstellar defense system, Rogue Flight puts you in control of a light space fighter. Humanity’s last survivors prepare for one final counterattack to defeat ARGUS and bring peace back to the Sol system. The game promises intense battles against hordes of enemies, combining nostalgic arcade-style action with modern visuals and engaging storytelling.

John Bilbo

It's a railshooter right?

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

John Bilbo

From the Steam page:

>> Experience a branching narrative path with multiple endings.

>> Choose from standard arcade and unlockable roguelite game modes which offer greater risks and even greater rewards.

>> Multiple difficulty levels for every player skill.

I think it is great that the have both an arcade mode and roguelite styled game modes. I hope especially the arcade mode is polished and fully fleshed out.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Shame no VR support, even if it wouldn't change gameplay in this case (unlike their last ace arcade shooter, Runner - out on every VR platform). Looks a bit too After Burner in the short clips, personally I always found games like that lacking compared to their grandaddy, Space Harrier which felt much more competent and playable. Star Fox got it down better with more control, and of course Sega's own Panzer Dragoon series too. The bosses here do seem a bit like the latter though so maybe it works out in the end. The movement of the crosshair here seems a bit off, we'll see how it feels.

Which one did people find the best of recent Space Harrier clones, the mobile one by Yu Suzuki or the indie? Edit: I meant Air Twister vs Asura the Striker but apparently the latter isn't out yet, lol, we'll see I guess, there are probably more such games as well and definitely more Star Fox likes around.

Last edited:

Sintoid

I don't like that character design made by western artist that try to rip off Japanese artstyle
Looks fanmade as hell
Indie and AA developers, try to be original sometimes

Top Bottom