• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arch Linux announces direct collaboration with Valve

notseqi

These are good to hear. TBF I have not jumped to W11 yet and would prefer not to, even if MS have walked back on some of the other things like that program taking snapshots of all your activity and uploading it to the cloud.

Not because I'm doing anything illegal, but because I think a user is entitled to at least some type of privacy. And shouldn't have to disconnect from the internet in order to get it, specifically for products they've paid for and should be perfectly functional without a network connection.
definitely want to skip w11 aswell

What i forgot to say is that you can have the Linux Mint boot drive, boot the OS up and play around - *then* decide if you want to do a full install straight from within the running OS.
Due to not being sure on which Laptop and which SSD/HDD I was going to install and use Mint I installed it about 4 times on different hardware, even a 2Ghz Celeron from yesteryear (was supposed to serve as my IRC bouncer). Pretty enjoyable all-around.

Top Bottom