• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archive.org hosts dope game PR videos!

Sho Nuff

Banned
This is insane! Buttloads of electronic press kits, hours upon hours of B-roll, and super low-budget cheesy commercials for your favorite mid-90's games. It's like someone at EGM magazine cleaned out their closet and digitized all their old videos. I highly suggest:

The Digital Pictures demo reel! Slam City with Scottie Pippin and other unredeemable shit!

John Romero has flowing Fabio hair as he pimps DOOM II!

Holy shit!!! It's a Boogerman ad!

Daytona USA bitches!

Here is an alphabetical list of all the stuff they have online. Share if you find anything wacky, there's a lot of it. Happy hunting!!!

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Well, I'll be darned, that must be where that Digital Pictures torrent from a few days ago came from.

I have a great deal of these sortsa EPK type videos, and I wonder if there's someone I can contact about getting them up there. Easier than doing them myself, which I'm too lazy for anyway.

MaddenNFL64

[BETA: The in-development version of a 'dark' archive preserving perfect digital copies of classic videogames for posterity, as permitted by the DMCA exemption the Internet Archive won in late 2003.]

Wow, so Archive.org will have a private ROM collection eh?

FoneBone

They have loads of old educational films, too... I'm going to have to download shitloads of this stuff when I get to college.

Sho Nuff

Banned
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about!!!

MECH MECH MECH WARRIOR
MECH MECH MECH WARRIOR

Sixty tons of power under my seat
Mechwarrior's not for people who can't stand the heat
Virtual Reality aim and shoot
With my 3D cockpit simulation view

Jump jets, laser beams, cannons full-bore,
Heat seeking missiles and shields on board
Combat, gotta attack, go for the thrills
Get the cash payin' back, yo, you got the skills

Plan ahead, use your head, think ya be wise,
Use thumbs not alone, you gotta strategize
Visuals killer sound is poppin in the rain
You live Mechwarrior IT'S A MEAN FIGHTIN GAME!

MECH MECH MECH WARRIOR
MECH MECH MECH WARRIOR

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
All right, I've been talking with the archive.org guy and it seems I'll likely be able to get most of my videos up there sometime or other. Prepare for lotsa silly press videos!

Chittagong

Gold Member
The poor marketing exec playing Super Mario World sure was a crappy gamer!

I wonder what the marketing managers were doing back then...judging the B-Rolls, not spending too much time on those certainly! Just some random crappy speach over gameplay.

Top Bottom