• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

are plates suddenly not affordable any more?

feynoob

Banned
This is like going to a juice restaurant and complaining why they don't have wine with their food.

The entire gimmicks of these restaurants is to eat with other stuff. That is their main selling point.

People like to complain for no reason.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
lmao nice sub

people love to gobble up this gimmicky shit

edit: obligatory
Alex-Honnold-eating-Black-Diamond-April-Fools.jpg

Last edited:
This is like going to a juice restaurant and complaining why they don't have wine with their food.

The entire gimmicks of these restaurants is to eat with other stuff. That is their main selling point.

People like to complain for no reason.

like I said, some of the stuff I'm fine with. but some of the others, like these below,

just makes me question humanity, and why we still exists.

feynoob

Banned
like I said, some of the stuff I'm fine with. but some of the others, like these below,

just makes me question humanity, and why we still exists.

Just check out how stupid certain deserts are?

Rich people like to waste their money on stupid stuff. These restaurants are like that. A waste of money for rich people to eat weird shit in a weird way.

Just check out how stupid certain deserts are?

Rich people like to waste their money on stupid stuff. These restaurants are like that. A waste of money for rich people to eat weird shit in a weird way.

I can ALMOST be able to accept that, since there seems to be some actual deserts down in the plate and the bubbles or whatever is probably just to enhance the scent of the whole thing. still not for me, especially for what I imagine would be some crazy ass price tag.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Typically you're going to a nice restaurant for a special occasion that you want to be memorable and build a positive connection with the other person or people. The food quality, presentation, and service all influence the outcome.

feynoob

Banned
I can ALMOST be able to accept that, since there seems to be some actual deserts down in the plate and the bubbles or whatever is probably just to enhance the scent of the whole thing. still not for me, especially for what I imagine would be some crazy ass price tag.
Deserts like that cost 10k grand+

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Typically you're going to a nice restaurant for a special occasion that you want to be memorable and build a positive connection with the other person or people. The food quality, presentation, and service all influence the outcome.
And then your meal comes out on a shovel.
Pretty sure this is an Instagram era thing, it's for the pictures you can post to social media more than it is for the actual meal experience.

And then your meal comes out on a shovel.
Pretty sure this is an Instagram era thing, it's for the pictures you can post to social media more than it is for the actual meal experience.

Yeah, in those cases. Also, instagram viral restaurants are usually awful in every way other than the presentation gimmick. Rarely worth going to.

I can deal with a shovel if it's for something like a big "fuck off" chunk of BBQ or what not in a BBQ joint. but multiple different pasta on a wooden plank? that's just an atrocity against food.

and I had never went to a "viral/trendy" restaurant. I simply don't understand the point. I'm here for food that's tasty. I don't care about how edgy it is. I've been to Michelin star restaurants before too and I'm fine with them doing fancy stuff with their food. but at least they respect the food and not make it out to be some kinda sideshow from a circus.

Lambogenie

Gimmicky and frankly disrespectful to the concept of food and sustenance, in my opinion. A stone slab or wooden slate is fine.

But mixing dump stuff items like toilet bowls or garbage cans rubs me the wrong way. It's not always at rich people restaurants either. Social media junk.

Trilobit

edit: obligatory
Alex-Honnold-eating-Black-Diamond-April-Fools.jpg

That's a rich person eating like a poor depressed person. It's sort of sad that this is what ultrarich people do with their wealth.

Also this was beyond disgusting. Do people really eat stuff like this?
3wRX0DV.png

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I iterally sell the stone slabs for a living...(It's called ardesia btw, super pricey and delicate).

People liking these gimmicks it's how i can send my dog to college.

More people should use stone slabs, the risk of breaking the thing at any given moment add a thrill you didn't knew you needed during your meals.

Last edited:

calistan

When I was a kid, it was a real treat to have scampi and chips in a basket. That was how most pubs served their food, in fake wicker baskets made of white plastic.

Top Bottom