• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core Formula Front PSP screens...

u_neek

Pretty fucking great..

Now Sony should just change the ScratchStation portable's design to make me wanna buy one...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Woah. VOOT what?!

That looks amazing. I can't imagine how you could possibly control the mechs tho...

belgurdo

Banned
u_neek said:
Pretty fucking great..

Now Sony should just change the ScratchStation portable's design to make me wanna buy one...

Why the change from reasonable thought to troll bait?

Scoobert

Sorry if this is trolling or what ever, but I'm really curious about this.

Why buy the same game twice? I can see buying one game over the other, but if I own a PS2 I'll just get the PS2 version. I'm sure the game will be a bit different, but by how much? Would it really be worth buying it twice?

It's probably just me thinking that way, or either I'm not a handheld person. But I just don't get it.

Insertia

Scoobert said:
Sorry if this is trolling or what ever, but I'm really curious about this.

Why buy the same game twice? I can see buying one game over the other, but if I own a PS2 I'll just get the PS2 version. I'm sure the game will be a bit different, but by how much? Would it really be worth buying it twice?

It's probably just me thinking that way, or either I'm not a handheld person. But I just don't get it.

Same question I ask when people buy both versions of the same Pokemon title.

Mashing

I eagerly await the consumers reactions to the PSP. We'll find out once and for all if great graphics are as high a selling point as we think. Personally I think the NDS is going to have a tough go at it with the casuals. Sony, for once, wasn't kidding when they said the PSP had PS2 like graphics.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looks very nice, but small screens always make it hard to judge just how good something looks, and often make games look a bit better then they actually do.

Why buy the same game twice? I can see buying one game over the other, but if I own a PS2 I'll just get the PS2 version.
Nobody's forcing you to buy the same game twice. As for me, I'd rather have some types of games on PSP than on PS2, and vice versa. Then again, if I really *love* some game, I'd buy it twice so that I can play it anywhere, why not.

I eagerly await the consumers reactions to the PSP. We'll find out once and for all if great graphics are as high a selling point as we think.
It's not only the graphics, it's the whole visual package. It's undeniable that PSP is one sexy looking little machine - it's industrial designs blends nicely with it's technological design, and people are known to love that. If the price is right, I'm sure the reaction will be very positive.

luxsol

So damn good looking (both of them) but i thought the PSP's gameplay consisted of giving out commands to the mech instead of actually having direct control over it? Meaning, it's not a port like some people are suggesting? Or is there another Armored Core game I'm thinking about?

Mashing

Marconelly said:
It's not only the graphics, it's the whole visual package. It's undeniable that PSP is one sexy looking little machine - it's industrial designs blends nicely with it's technological design, and people are known to love that. If the price is right, I'm sure the reaction will be very positive.

Yeah, that's what I think. I really do hope it strikes a cord with consumers as I want Nintendo to be forced to make a sleek looking GBA2 with gamecube like graphics...

Izzy

Banned
Mashing said:
Yeah, that's what I think. I really do hope it strikes a cord with consumers as I want Nintendo to be forced to make a sleek looking GBA2 with gamecube like graphics...

Damn right. In some aspects PSP is even more powerful than PS2.

Q: So you are saying even that color bleeding is realtime? How come the sperical harmonics are *that* much faster method than anything else (or is it something that PSP has that speeds things up?), and why aren't they used in games already, then?

Dylan Cuthbert: It can be used in current games but the PSP is simply faster at doing this kind of stuff than the PS2. The colour bleeding is all tied in with the spherical harmonic calculations which is a fairly recent (and public) technique for combining all the lights in a sphere into one set of coefficients at each point. The colour bleeding changes in realtime as the light source moves/changes.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Is it really the same game? That's pretty lame.

I suppose it gives us choice, but it'd be nice if we were getting two separate games. I realise you can't just do that though, it'd take up more resources.

As said before, small screens make games look slightly better. Either way, I was surprised to see such models on a portable.

The only problem is that Nintendo won't make GameCube like graphics without making a loss, so that means NO for the time being.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
grrr @ the microscopic pics

IGN indicates that From is planning exclusive features for each, but fundamental gameplay will be the same. Considering how many AC games that From has released, with a new and completely separate PS2 AC being planned for the fall I think that, in this particular case, its more a matter of them simply releasing the PSP game on the PS2 rather than porting an existing PS2 game to the PSP.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Insertia said:
Same question I ask when people buy both versions of the same Pokemon title.
Your wording should tell you that they are not the 'same title'.

With UMD movies, and PSPorts get used to buying the same thing twice. :p

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i'm telling you, From Software are kinda the underrated saviors of japanese game development right now. they just keep cranking 'em out. even if you don't like armored core. :)

----

http://chespace.1up.com

Mashing

TheUnknownForce said:
As said before, small screens make games look slightly better. Either way, I was surprised to see such models on a portable.

The only problem is that Nintendo won't make GameCube like graphics without making a loss, so that means NO for the time being.

Well... if the GBA was coming out next year, no they wouldn't. I don't expect the GBA2 until around 2007 or so.

TheUnknownForce said:

You mean small screenshots? Or small screen on the PSP? The PSP screen isn't much bigger than those screenshots. So games do look slightly better on the PSP since it hides the missing detail.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Well... How high is the resolution on the PSP screen?

Doesn't really matter due to the small size. Why not do a google search on PSP specs. Matter of fact, I'll save you the trouble...

PSP™ Product Specifications

Product Name: PlayStation®Portable (PSP)
Color: Black
Dimensions: Approx. 170 mm (W) x 74 mm (D) x 23 mm (H)
Weight: Approx. 260 g (including battery)
CPU: PSP CPU
(System clock frequency 1~333MHz)
Main Memory: 32MB
Embedded DRAM: 4MB
Display: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD
480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors)
Max. 200 cd/m2 (with brightness control)
Speakers: Built-in stereo speakers
Main Input/Output: IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi)
USB 2.0 (Target)
Memory Stick™ PRO Duo
IrDA
IR Remote (SIRCS)
Disc Drive: UMD Drive (Playback only)
Profile: PSP Game
UMD Audio
UMD Video
Main Connectors: DC IN 5V
Terminals for charging built-in battery
Headphone/Microphone/Control connector
Keys/Switches: Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Analog pad
Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Left, Right keys
START, SELECT, HOME
POWER On/Hold/Off switch
Brightness control, Sound Mode, Volume +/-
Wireless LAN On/Off switch
UMD Eject
Power: Built-in lithium-ion battery, AC adaptor
Access Control: Region Code, Parental Control

Accessories: Stand
Headphone with remote commander
Headphone with remote commander and microphone
External battery pack
Case
Strap

Also supports:
USB Camera for PSP
USB GPS for PSP
USB Keyboard for PSP

UMD™ Specifications

Dimensions: Approx. 65 mm (W) x 64 mm (D) x 4.2 mm (H)
Weight: Approx. 10g
Disc Diameter: 60 mm
Maximum Capacity: 1.8GB (Single-sided, dual layer)
Laser wavelength: 660nm (Red laser)
Encryption: AES 128bit
Profile: PSP Game (full function)
UMD Audio (codec ATRAC3plus™, PCM, (MPEG4 AVC))
UMD Video (codec MPEG4 AVC, ATRAC3plus™,
Caption PNG)

Top Bottom