• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asobi next game should be...

So after the success of Astro and the fun that this game brings my wish is we had some kind of course maker to make even harder stages, so Sony should make an "Astro Maker" game, thats should be next Asobi game.
This would be very complicated to do for them. Team Asobi should focus on using their creativity at doing games, not tools. A Astrobot kart game could be the perfect fit for them.

But first they should organically grow their team in order to make 2 games at once. Astrobot 2 (second team) and Astrobot Kart (first team).

nial

Astro Bot 2.
LocoRoco 3 on the side, it should be extremely easy to make for them.
A second team dedicated to either a new IP or Ape Escape 4, it's very clear that they want to do this at some point.

Lokaum D+

This would be very complicated to do for them. Team Asobi should focus on using their creativity at doing games, not tools. A Astrobot kart game could be the perfect fit for them.

But first they should organically grow their team in order to make 2 games at once. Astrobot 2 (second team) and Astrobot Kart (first team).
i really don't think a kart game would work, Sony already tried this a lot of time and failed over and over, a maker game fits Astro gameplay real good imo, it would be amazing to see what the community would be able to create and share.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
images

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Whatever except sequels. Let them be 100% creative.
Totally agree. Astro Bot is awesome but that’s not necessarily the kind of game where you can keep iterating on the formula and cranking out sequels. Might be better off to release 1-2 Astro games per generation and that’s it.

If they have a bunch of cool ideas they’re excited to implement in a new Astro game then they should do it. Otherwise I’d rather they make something original.

Holammer

If they do an existing IP, an Ape Escape remake sounds like the easier option. The original games are relatively simple and the base ape can be easily changed by just adding new pants or a hat.

Lokaum D+

Media Molecule just wasted 10 years with a jerk-off "maker" thing, I doubt they want to go near that shit again.
i m thinking something more like mario maker, not dreams, they already has all the assets, they just need to make an easy way for us to use it.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
I’d like an Astro Bot game every 3 or 4 years. Rely less on the nostalgia and cameos next time around and have the franchise stand on its own feet. Astrobot is my current game of the year because of the plat forming, abilities, and boss battles. It also tapped into my ocd when it came to collecting everything … something Nintendo instilled in me during my teenage years.

Next game have the bots rescued serve a purpose in the base. Give players a choice which purpose to assign them.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Let's just get a bunch of DLC. I'd like a world where we fight in different Sony platforms and collect bots from that era. Example, PS1 World with multiple acts and the graphics look like PS1 graphics with modern enhancements such as ray tracing, 4k, etc. Astro Bot would still be nice looking but the bots he collects are low poly.

I get what you're saying, but originally they were the R&D department of Studio Japan, focusing on how to (ab)use new technologies like AR/VR.
Doucet has always wanted to create fun games. They are still helping Sony with that. They actually prototyped and tested the Dualsense with Astro's Playroom.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
So after the success of Astro and the fun that this game brings my wish is we had some kind of course maker to make even harder stages, so Sony should make an "Astro Maker" game, thats should be next Asobi game.

Oh, I see you skipped Astro World and Astro Land going directly with Astro Maker. I think they should go with Astro Galaxy first, then Astro Maker, then Astro Odyssey, and finally Astro Wonder.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Perhaps a GAAS hero shooter game would be a good fit? What could possibly go wrong, people are loving Asobi! We're sure to make some big bank on that!!

But seriously they should make Astro Bot and X Bot

Last edited:

nial

i really don't think a kart game would work, Sony already tried this a lot of time and failed over and over, a maker game fits Astro gameplay real good imo, it would be amazing to see what the community would be able to create and share.
Crash Team Racing sold pretty good back in the day, though? The problem with Jak X, LittleBigPlanet Karting or Pipo Saru Racer is that they were ultimately not very good.

nial

Though I'm not sure if Team Asobi would want to do a kart racing game, it isn't really something they've ever done before.
If you look at The Playroom and The Playroom VR, a new party game is much more likely.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Nah they should get a second team first, primary team makes a new Ape Escape, second team a Astrobot spinoff of some kind

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
1. Whatever they want (they've earned it)

2. New Ape Escape (release within the next 2-3 years)

3. Direct sequel with a greater scope (PS6 launch title, imagine how lit it would be)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Let them take a crack at a Sony Smash Bros. If they can tap into half the nostalgia, polish, and licensing miracles of Astro Bot it would be a hoot.

Top Bottom