• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Recollection |OT| Trading Card Game for iOS (Now Free)

Card Boy

Banned
AC_Recollection_withBG.png

Publisher: Ubisoft
Platform: iPad, iPhone, iTouch
Universal App?: Yes
Price: Free
Genre: Trading Card Game
When: Out now!
Where: Apple App Store

Assassin's Creed: Recollection is an iPad app that includes a card game called "Tactics", an art gallery of the Assassin's Creed main game series, an in-app store where players can purchase Animus credits and new cards, or memories, and the short animated film Assassin's Creed: Embers.

Overview
The Board

Tactics is a real-time card game, where players engage in one-on-one disputes to control the three regions on the board. In order to control a region, players must increase their influence using their cards. The player that reaches 10 influence first in a given area will control that area. The player that controls two of three areas wins.

If both players gain 10 influence in a region, then any further moves played in that region will erode the opponent's influence.

Memories

"Memories" is the name given to the cards in this game. Memories are earned by purchasing packs in the store with Animus Credits or as prizes after a battle. There are three different types of memories: Agents, Sites and Actions.

• Agents are character memories which can be sent to any of the regions to increase your influence, which takes half a day. After increasing your influence, Agents will return to your HQ and will rest for another half day.

• Sites are location memories which are allocated to a region and will give the player a daily influence increase.

• Actions are memories that can alter the course of the battle by either boosting the player's influence or crippling their opponent. Many actions are resolved instantly, not requiring the half-day charge time; however, Action memories only have one use before they are archived.

mzl.zsmjwkho.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.ryjbrrfz.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.kjarrjpv.480x480-75.jpg
mzl.qtodshja.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.pzlejpze.480x480-75.jpg

Reviews

IGN - 7 out of 10
148Apps - 4 out of 5
Toucharcade - 4 out of 5
Gamezebo - 4.5 out of 5

Card Boy

Banned
I bought this today guys, it really is top quality stuff for a iOS game. The presentation is amazing and is nice and clean. Really looks like paper on an iPad. I would recommened it.

It uses Uplay, so you can get afew Uplay points that way. The game has a 8-10 hr campaign apprently. Also you get get free booster packs after you beat the main campaign, so you don't have to spend money to stay competive. It was 280 cards so far.

Yeah so feel free to share your Uplay account name.

I hope this comes to Android tablets, the TCG player in me is intrigued.

Yeah if it does come to an Android device it has to be a Tablet, an iPhone/Android phone is too small a screen for this game.

GeoGonzo

I saw a friend playing and I love almost everything about it.

Also you get get free booster packs after you beat the main campaign, so you don't have to spend money to stay competive. It was 280 cards so far.

So, is there any way of earning currency once you are done with the campaign, other than multiplayer? I noticed that you don't get anything if you complete a previously cleared battle.

Card Boy

Banned
I saw a friend playing and I love almost everything about it.

So, is there any way of earning currency once you are done with the campaign, other than multiplayer? I noticed that you don't get anything if you complete a previously cleared battle.

I belive so. From the Apple store page:

- New challenge missions at the end of the single player campaign :
You’ll be able to play against a random list of AI Sequences.
You can win up to 4500 Credits and 7000 XP.

- New reward system
You can win up to 500 Credits every day
100 XP / 50 Credits for each win
50 XP / 25 Credits for each draw
20 XP / 10 Credits for each loss (instant quits are not rewarded)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Assassin's Creed: Recollection

I see what you did there, Ubisoft.
CCGs are evil. :(

I bought this today guys, it really is top quality stuff for a iOS game. The presentation is amazing and is nice and clean. Really looks like paper on an iPad. I would recommened it.

It uses Uplay, so you can get afew Uplay points that way. The game has a 8-10 hr campaign apprently. Also you get get free booster packs after you beat the main campaign, so you don't have to spend money to stay competive. It was 280 cards so far.

Yeah so feel free to share your Uplay account name.

Yeah if it does come to an Android device it has to be a Tablet, an iPhone/Android phone is too small a screen for this game.

I've been saying this all along, but GAF doesn't want to listen. It's the best CCG I've played in ages. Deep and engaging, while remaining very accessible to new players.

The original campaign is not that long (maybe 3 hours), but the new challenge stuff is pretty fun. You get quite a lot of credits for completing that. After that, your only way to get more credits is to go online (where the real fun is, anyways).

You can get up to 500 credits per day this way (50 per win, 10 when you lose). The field has gotten pretty strong already though. Decks that were cleaning up the first few weeks don't win anymore. For example the Pantheon (Site that drops your score to 0 in the region its played and makes whoever controls the region the winner of the game), plus Royal Intervention (Costs 2, you lose all your gold and you score 1 in a region for every gold lost that way). That was a big combo deck in the beginning, since it wins very fast. However now everyone has an answer to it (either counters for RI, leaving Pantheon in play) or simply stealing RI (also leaving Pantheon in play). Now you won't see this deck anymore. The way the meta has been shifting is amazing in such a short time. Lots of fun to be had.

Even a mostly starting deck can still do OK sometimes. I'd suggest going mostly Blue, noble rush, with some big sites (there's not that much site destruction going on in the meta).

Card Boy

Banned
I've been saying this all along, but GAF doesn't want to listen. It's the best CCG I've played in ages. Deep and engaging, while remaining very accessible to new players.

Yep :(

How do i know whats a rare card Also whats your Uplay username? I might add them to the OP.

Yep :(

How do i know whats a rare card Also whats your Uplay username? I might add them to the OP.

A rare card has a gold symbol. Templars have a cross and Assassin cards have a sort of flame?. Rare are gold, uncommon black and common white.

My Uplay username is Crazy_gambit.

There's an unofficial forum for the game that has a wealth of info, even some from the devs. Not sure if I can post the link. The toucharcade thread is also very active.

Card Boy

Banned
Cool i got afew golds then from a booster pack. I think i need a Game Center id? I belie AC: Recollection needs a Uplay for the Upoints rewards system and a Gamecenter ID for the multiplayer and Achievements.

I don't see why you can't post that link unless its NSFW.

Card Boy

Banned
Game is free on the App Store for a limited time

Also game got updated

- Memory balancing.
- Japanese translation.
- Safe Agents are marked with an icon.
- Memories' text now include reminder icon for expertise and Faction.
- Access the leaderboard and achievements from the Profile menu.
- Challenge 10 fixed.
- No reward is given to a player who quits an online game early.
- Bug fixes (carousel, online, rewards, etc,)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's not going to be universal, is it? Cause I downloaded the iPad version when it was free...it would be nice if I could just download that on my iPhone

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Universal according to that link Smiley90 posted.

Yep, from the link:

It was an iPad exclusive for a long time, and now - on March 8th, iPhone assassins can also experience the incredible strategic depth that is Recollection!

Read more: http://acreedrecollection.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=game&action=display&thread=585#ixzz1oJgQInpi

iPhone version specs:

Universal app - so it will be one install for iPhone AND iPad.
Retina display required - so for iPhone, only 4, 4S and 5th gen iPod Touch and better are supported.
iPad support will remain the same.

Read more: http://acreedrecollection.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=game&action=display&thread=585#ixzz1oJgJORyF

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
For the record I really liked AC:R and only gave it a 7/10 because the multiplayer was pretty broken at launch and the game's business model turned me off quite a bit. Both issues have been fixed or at least improved, so I strongly recommend fans of the franchise, tactics games or card games pick it up. It's really well-thought-out, and gorgeous, and unlike anything else out there.

PittaGAF

I love the game, already finished the sp campaign....but I cannot play with friends.
Random mp games work, but if invite a friend or I'm invited, it connects and go to the tactics screen (instead of the decks screen).

Am I the only one?

Top Bottom