• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro Bot | Review Thread

What scores do you think Astro Bot will get?

• 60-65%

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 17 5.2%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 108 33.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 150 46.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 37 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsaki

Wow it keeps climbing. A moment ago was #69 best of all time

neCvmsX.jpeg

Dammit. Hope playstation dont go full nintendo and decide this kid shit is better than god of war and last of us.
They should do both. Astrobot fun stuff for kid and families and mature stuff with "serious stories". With all the money they have just burned on failed projects those last years? they could have created an armada of Astrobot games (kart, smash, animal crossing) for the family customers. Sigh.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Still very excited to play, although I can't imagine they're gonna have much nostalgia material left to draw on for a 2nd full game.

Give the team the Ape Escape licence and let's fuckin' go.

Will grab this next pay day. Just bought Age of Mythology Retold and Space Marine 2. Have no time at the moment for a third game but it's very high on my list. My kids are going to love this.

Wow. I had high hopes for this one, but I didn’t expect that it gets such high scores. Sony still got it and it was really needed after the dumpster fire Conchord was.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Depends on the sales. All 60m + PS5 owmer should know who Astro is.

It would be interesting to know what percentage actually played Astro's Playroom, what percent finished.

One thing that made Mario so big in the 80s is that he was always getting bundled with hardware.

Bundling is an easy way to promote IP, but Astro Bot was never really spotlighted as a tie in game, which was a marketing mistake potentially.

If promoted we probably could have been looking at a 10-15 million seller, but as is and without a price cut, I doubt we see it hit those kinds of numbers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony announces a Sony Pictures Animation movie based on this within the next year. That might give it legs.

Top Bottom