• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari Anthology coming (PS2)

Midway owns the Atari arcade games lineup and the Atari Games name. Atari (Infogrames) owns the console games. I guess this will be a 2600 collection. Just as long as they don't utterly ruin it, and maybe include some rare unreleased games...

Of course, when they release some 5200 and 7800 collections, that's when you can wake me up.

Kobun Heat said:
when they release some 5200 and 7800 collections, that's when you can wake me up.

Yeah but pretty much the only games worth playing on those (or in the case of the 5200, pretty much the only games available) were the closer-to-arcade-perfect ports of stuff like Joust and Dig Dug. Once you get into that territory you might as well just play the already existing arcade compilations.

Of course I'd buy them anyway, just for the novelty value. I wouldn't mind playing "Scrapyard Dog" again! Or, uh, this:

jinks.jpg

cja

Kobun Heat said:
Midway owns the Atari arcade games lineup and the Atari Games name. Atari (Infogrames) owns the console games.
Not quite. Infogrames own arcade rights pre-1984 along with ip from console and home computer games. Midway just own Atari Games properties, all post 1984 arcade games.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wouldn't this just likely be another version of Atari Anniversary Edition? Old arcade games? Asteroids, Battlezone, Tempest, etc...

cja said:
Not quite. Infogrames own arcade rights pre-1984 along with ip from console and home computer games. Midway just own Atari Games properties, all post 1984 arcade games.
That explains a lot.

Top Bottom