• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

jred2k

10405290_416710711802483_4951417609476805389_n.jpg

6.gif

Quick OT because we needed one. Hasney stealing the first August OT killed Dean Ambrose so let's put all our thought together and revive him.

100 hours of Nitro coming to the Network so that's something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, didn't realize we cracked the shit out of 20k. Happy Stephanie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would it be too much to ask for Brock on Raw next week to have a match with Roman where he suplexes him 18 times to show Cena he ain't shit? I mean, nothing matters but the main event in WWE, so they should just destroy everything below it.

and continued important discussion from OT1
8B7pONK.gif

Ixny7nj.gif

if Dean Malenko were wrestling today he'd be one of those jobbers that got fed in 2 on 1 matches to Ryback. He'd be teaming with Stan Stansky.

If Malenko was wrestling today, he'd be in New Japan where the rest of the real men in wrasslin have gone. 'Cept for Lesnar who just wants to stomp ants at this point in his career.

Friend, Seth-kun is about to make Roman Reigns look like a legit main eventer. After this is over there will no doubt about the abilities of MY champion.

I don't doubt that Seth will help Reigns a ton in the ring. But in terms of taking over a segment, Seth doesn't hold a candle. Nothing against him, I like his work, but Ambrose is on another level.

Thorakai

Would it be too much to ask for Brock on Raw next week to have a match with Roman where he suplexes him 18 times to show Cena he ain't shit? I mean, nothing matters but the main event in WWE, so they should just destroy everything below it.

Brock is too good to wrestle on free television, unfortunately.

Main eventers and future main eventers matter .Chubby guys wearing Hawaiian shirts and babbling nonsense don't draw money. Superman punches and spears do.

Manbig

Just gonna throw this question that I asked in the previous thread in here...

I really need to wash out the taste that the main event of that RAW left in my mouth. Does anyone know a reliable place where I can buy DVDs or BluRays of the recent NJPW stuff? If they aren't selling any hard copies in the states, then I'm down to pay to watch an official stream. I need to show more support for good quality pro wrestling.

Penguin

and continued important discussion from OT1
8B7pONK.gif

Ixny7nj.gif

Where is the video for this?

Just gonna throw this question that I asked in the previous thread in here...

Honestly, you're best best is just to search Youtube or Dailymotion. Whole shows are up there and honestly, NJPW DVD's are highly overpriced. NJPW's next PPV is on September 21st (I think) and will be available via UStream.

Manbig

Honestly, you're best best is just to search Youtube or Dailymotion. Whole shows are up there and honestly, NJPW DVD's are highly overpriced. NJPW's next PPV is on September 21st (I think) and will be available via UStream.

Price isn't necessarily my concern at the moment. I just want a way to support them.

Showaddy

Main eventers and future main eventers matter .Chubby guys wearing Hawaiian shirts and babbling nonsense don't draw money. Superman punches and spears do.

No one draws money when the whole roster get's shat on. Gonna be an endless Cena/Reigns feud in a few years because they'll be no one else left.

And Wyatt's the best wrestler developed by the WWE in years, Christ only knows what they've got in store for everyone else in developmental.

If Malenko was wrestling today, he'd be in New Japan where the rest of the real men in wrasslin have gone. 'Cept for Lesnar who just wants to stomp ants at this point in his career.
More like ROH, tagging with Roderick Strong. He'd light up those bingo halls with "THIS IS WRESTLING" chants for sure!

jred2k

Price isn't necessarily my concern at the moment. I just want a way to support them.
I'm not sure how much they see of the profits, but you could always just watch events on Daily Motion and order some merch off of prowrestlingtees.com

Aside from streaming within the week it airs, financially supporting NJPW isn't as easy aa it should be.

Manbig

So what do you think Stone Cold Steve Foxy did to piss off WWE that they'd let AJ and Paige do her crazy thing in a title feud while she was doing it better than either of them prior?
Alicia-Fox-gifs-001_0011.gif

AJ doing crazy stuff isn't exactly new, but I wish that Paige was more of a badass that just happened to mock AJ rather than Mickie James Lite.

I'm not sure how much they see of the profits, but you could always just watch events on Daily Motion and order some merch off of prowrestlingtees.com

Aside from streaming within the week it airs, financially supporting NJPW isn't as easy aa it should be.

With their big push to bring in English speaking audiences, you would think that they would have figured something out for that by now.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Why does WWE avoid mentioning that Nikki and Cena are dating outside of Total Divas? They are all about talking about Brie/Bryan and Tyson/Natalya, but rarely ever do the acknowledge Cena/Nikki. With Nikki going heel, it is an opportune time to let Cena explore something else besides burying young talent.

More like ROH, tagging with Roderick Strong. He'd light up those bingo halls with "THIS IS WRESTLING" chants for sure!

Now you're just making me angry.

ib0QUtOXeEHDpb.gif

Don't make fun of the last of a dying breed. You should be groveling at the feet of guys like Malenko, begging them to teach this new generation how to look like they know what they're doing.

Actually, considering Malenko is bigger than Rollins, Bryan, and so on, and he's a good worker in a era where the WWE actually cares about that, he'd actually likely be in Cesaro's spot. Even with his negative charisma

Yup. Buying New Japan merch is probably the easiest direct way.

Why does WWE avoid mentioning that Nikki and Cena are dating outside of Total Divas? They are all about talking about Brie/Bryan and Tyson/Natalya, but rarely ever do the acknowledge Cena/Nikki. With Nikki going heel, it is an opportune time to let Cena explore something else besides burying young talent.

I'm guessing Cena will probably be phased out of TD a bit when this storyline reaches the show.

With their big push to bring in English speaking audiences, you would think that they would have figured something out for that by now.

Eh, their "big push" is highly overrated. Basically, they allowed their events to be streamed to non-Japanese places largely because it wasn't too expensive to do so. I forget the exact numbers, but something like 99% of their iPPV buys are still in Japan and Ring of Honor's iPPV still did far better than the G1 final did.

Thorakai

I imagine its done on purpose to make him appear single and let the ladies fantasize about without being reminded he is taken.

Now you're just making me angry.

Don't make fun of the last of a dying breed. You should be groveling at the feet of guys like Malenko, begging them to teach this new generation how to look like they know what they're doing.

bulldempsey_1_full_20140509.png

I would never. Dean would put Bull over pretty good though, I'll agree with you there.
wait, you're the piper in that scenario, right?

strobogo

Banned
Actually, considering Malenko is bigger than Rollins, Bryan, and so on, and he's a good worker in a era where the WWE actually cares about that, he'd actually likely be in Cesaro's spot. Even with his negative charisma

Yup. Buying New Japan merch is probably the easiest direct way.

Dean is not bigger than Rollins. Probably not even bigger than Bryan. Dean was short as fuck. He's billed at 5ft 8in, which means he was closer to 5ft 5-6in. He's barely taller than Rey. And Bryan is bigger than Rey. Rollins is as tall or taller than Roman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arn Anderson is your dad's favorite wrestler.

Except my dad's favorite wrestler is Mr. Wonderful, but he's close enough.

Dean is not bigger than Rollins. Probably not even bigger than Bryan. Dean was short as fuck. He's billed at 5ft 8in, which means he was closer to 5ft 5-6in. He's barely taller than Rey. And Bryan is bigger than Rey. Rollins is as tall or taller than Roman.

Weight. Not height. I don't think Malenko would be pushed. But, in a world where Daniel Bryan is a world champ, I can see Malenko being employed in a midcard role in the WWE.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm guessing Cena will probably be phased out of TD a bit when this storyline reaches the show.

Yeah, I assume so, too. I have no idea how long Brie/Nikki feud will go on, but their feud should change up Total Divas a bit.

Top Bottom