• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Finally get over my back ache, do my first nights exercise in 2 months and it hurts like buggery again. I'm at my heaviest now, going by my stretched skin :(

Typing DLC, pretty sure that hasn't been on sale yet.

Had been around Xmas time pretty sure. The first was 75% off, somewhere like Gamersgate. The second was 25% off at release on GMG pretty sure. Was tempted to grab them but heard the port is really shithouse so avoided it until a bundle :)

Shaneus

Wait, what? The port is amazing for what it is. And I think there was only the Football Manager DLC.

Fake edit: that plugin for Firefox that shows all the extra pricing info shows me that neither of those DLC thingys have been cheaper than RRP. So best to drop that $3.50 and get on that shit!

Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" Monitor for $227. Awesome monitor.

Wait, what? The port is amazing for what it is. And I think there was only the Football Manager DLC.

Fake edit: that plugin for Firefox that shows all the extra pricing info shows me that neither of those DLC thingys have been cheaper than RRP. So best to drop that $3.50 and get on that shit!
Football Manager? Are you thinking of Sonic Transformed rather than Typing of the Dead?
The TotD DLC was the Shakespeare and filthy language DLC I thought!

Real edit: IsThereAnyDeal doesn't seem to be tracking anything but Steam on those TotD DLC's! Not sure the issue there, they have been cheaper though.

Quasar

So the Vita slim (with Borderlands 2 packing + a 8 GB card) is gunna be 199$ in the US.

Guesses on the local price? Or even when we'll get the slim? Try to decide if lightness and that extra battery life is worth the extra cash/wait.

Shaneus

Football Manager? Are you thinking of Sonic Transformed rather than Typing of the Dead?
The TotD DLC was the Shakespeare and filthy language DLC I thought!

Real edit: IsThereAnyDeal doesn't seem to be tracking anything but Steam on those TotD DLC's! Not sure the issue there, they have been cheaper though.
No. I right-clicked TotD in Steam, looked at DLC and there was Football Manager DLC. Football Manager for Transformed was included in the game, not as DLC.

See?

So the Vita slim (with Borderlands 2 packing + a 8 GB card) is gunna be 199$ in the US.

Guesses on the local price? Or even when we'll get the slim? Try to decide if lightness and that extra battery life is worth the extra cash/wait.
Expecting $350 since it has 9GB of storage. Maybe $300 if Sony Australia are slightly less FUCKING STUPID than usual.

Needs to be $250 here otherwise retailers won't stock it.

ALSO GO BUY AN OLED ONE!

OLED FOR ALLLLLLLLL

FUCK LCD >_<

No. I right-clicked TotD in Steam, looked at DLC and there was Football Manager DLC. Football Manager for Transformed was included in the game, not as DLC.

See?

That was a free update, not DLC :/

Actually wasn't the Sonic Transformed FM stuff a free updated too? I dunno :/

Gazunta

I made a comic about Mario Golf last night while waiting for TxK to fill a void in my life, so read it and validate my existence you buggers

Shaneus oh yeah that's THE Gary Liddon. He worked on Zzap! 64 and Crackdown. NO BIGGIE. :eek:

jambo

mSkHQKw.jpg

I'll admit the extra battery life of the LCD plus all the OLED burn in stories has me slightly more enthused about the LCD one.

OLED one looks so good though. No issues with burn in thankfully, screen tends to go to sleep pretty quick so that's good. Love the resume function!

Stackboy

HELP AUS GAF!

Does anyone here have a Woolworth/Big W discount card or know someone with one?!? I really want to jump on the 10% off the PS4 at DickSmith deal today...but if you have a Woolworth/Big W discount card you can get an extra 5% off. It'll come down to about $450! I actually don’t' have enough money in my account at the moment to spend the $490, but I could actually make the $450 payment. I just need the discount number on the card. If someone could PM me a number today I'd appreciate it a lot and be super grateful!
uUkMyFD.gif

Can you afford any games? Maybe wait?

ALSO GO BUY AN OLED ONE!

I support this, I love my Vita.

Outerlands is so close to getting funded, but it's needs a little push. The Area 5 team are doing a 24 hour stream soon. If they get $10k during that time, they will make 6 new Co-OP episodes and put them online for free!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/area5/outerlands-season-one/posts/744943

Shaneus

That was a free update, not DLC :/

Actually wasn't the Sonic Transformed FM stuff a free updated too? I dunno :/
It's still content that you download. Hence, "downloadable content" :p

And the Transformed exclusive stuff I'm 99% sure was included. WiiU had Miis, 360 had avatars and PC had Team Fortress, Shogun and Football Manager.

PS. OLED.

PPS. TxK was confirmed for coming out in Australia despite the lack of ratings hints etc. on the OFLC website. Woo!

Dryk

I feel like a need a new avatar. This one doesn't suit the incredibly jaded posts I seem to be making most of the time.

It's still content that you download. Hence, "downloadable content" :p
I was talking about DLC, not downloadable content! It's an important distinction!

PPS. TxK was confirmed for coming out in Australia despite the lack of ratings hints etc. on the OFLC website. Woo!
Link?

I feel like a need a new avatar. This one doesn't suit the incredibly jaded posts I seem to be making most of the time.

How about this!
BgOt6qFIAAAitbb.jpg:large

Dead Man

Nope (Baird is probably my favourite Japanese brewery).
http://beer.suregork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/baird_suruga_bay-461x600.jpg[IMG]

Also, there's one place in Melbourne that somehow gets [B]White Ale on tap.[/B] Never seen that [i]anywhere[/i]. No idea how they did it, don't care.[/QUOTE]

I must go there.

[quote="jambo, post: 100452200"]Anyone keen for a RadGAF meetup?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, first round on you?

Also, I know nothing about pokie monsters but this has kept me entertained for a while: [url]http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/[/url]

Ah no worries, makes sense I drive back anyway since my work here is done.

Your town felt nicer and cleaner than the last time I visited.

It's been windy so the smell has shifted! Weather was overcast and shit today though sorry. Was nicer last week. We had a festival type thing last weekend so the place got cleaned up pretty good!

Shaneus

The host is actually a *lot* better tonight.

FWIW this is actually the third episode recorded, because a workmate went to this one :)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Family drama just went to a whole new level. Just experienced a big "rant" where my mum basically said she's "dead to me" because I liked a comment that disagreed with her post on abortion.. oh and now apparently me and all my friends (who are pro-choice) are pro-death. Now it was fucking stupid of me to like that comment, but I'm just tired of this shit, and the worst part is the only reason I even try to challenge her beliefs is so she can at least see things from a different perspective.. it doesn't help that most of her perspectives are so far in the wrong (anti-vaccination, alt-medicine, anti-doctor) that they could actually directly harm this family.. I mean I'm not 100% sure of this but I'm pretty sure one of them already died (pre-mature birth) because of my mothers home-birth beliefs and lack of trust towards doctors *shrugs*

sasimirobot

Went to penny blue the other day. Pretty pretty good. The bartender is a cool young german dude who swears he has overheard customers talk about "Demon Souls". He hooked me up with free tequila shots. Somebody should have mentioned how hard that bar is to find , its in a tiny alley that is currently under construction.

Also who is the GAFer I saw on the train with the blue pokeman 3ds, I know it was one of you guys in this thread right?

Anyways, I am leaving Melbourne tonight, but the offer to buy somebody a beer today still stands.

Shaneus

Sorry no-one could catch up with you, robot :( Weekdays are usually pretty busy for everyone in the CBD.

I think I know why this thread is so barren right now... TxK.

wonzo

Banned
Family drama just went to a whole new level. Just experienced a big "rant" where my mum basically said she's "dead to me" because I liked a comment that disagreed with her post on abortion.. oh and now apparently me and all my friends (who are pro-choice) are pro-death. Now it was fucking stupid of me to like that comment, but I'm just tired of this shit, and the worst part is the only reason I even try to challenge her beliefs is so she can at least see things from a different perspective.. it doesn't help that most of her perspectives are so far in the wrong (anti-vaccination, alt-medicine, anti-doctor) that they could actually directly harm this family.. I mean I'm not 100% sure of this but I'm pretty sure one of them already died (pre-mature birth) because of my mothers home-birth beliefs and lack of trust towards doctors *shrugs*
bro, you need to get out of there asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom