• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

That Lego Movie was pretty damn great.

Watch it (When it comes out in Australia) if you like great animation, good fast paced jokes, with surprise cameos and references from a ton of different franchises, and a good message for both kids and parents to take away from it.

wonzo

Banned
lafielsadday8vloh.png

In their defence, this is why they have betas. If it is still doing it at launch, that will truly be fail.

About 15 hours later, still no server found.

Working now but keeps getting stuck in the training pod :(

Best ping 124 on SE Asia. :/

How fucking brilliant is House of Cards. 6 eps down, 7 to go.

Brilliant speech by Kevin Spacey about Tv shows and story driven content.

So AusGAF Titanfall?

Origin ID's

Reptilescorpio
MondyofWar
Kritz7
RuthlesBarbarian
[insert more ID's here]

Not sure if I can be arsed playing anymore unless it was with AusGAF. It's a good game but nothing I haven't already played in the past.
Feels like a MMOlite with an easy positive feedback loop that would wear off within a month or so.

For those who live/have been to Hobart, how hard is it to get around the place without a car?
I would be more worried about the lack of power down there. I here it's coming in 2020 once they get some sealed roads.

I wanted to share this just because I really appreciate the health care options currently available to us. I was initially worried about how expensive it might be to fix my tooth and what I might end up looking at if it was something I couldn't afford. It worries me to no end that as great as our health care system is, even with the numerous hits it has taken, it may be gradually eroded away so much that we look upon even the grossest inconveniences as 'the good old days'.
Yeah Medicare is fucking fantastic. Every country needs it.

Every person should have free health care, free mental care and free education. Even the rich people. They need education the most!

So in happier news, True Detective. Holy shit, what a fucking awesome start to a series. Caught up to the end of 4 now, that long shot was amazing, certainly lived up to the hype. Show has definitely grabbed me, cheers for the recommendation guys :)

Woody IS not just playing Woody, you were right, the performances in this are pretty awesome. Some of the writing in the scenes with Woody and his wife is a bit off and unnatural to me, but other than that, the show is fucking brilliant. McHuey is brilliant, even better than I expected.
It really is great.

Will be interesting to see how the second half of the season pans out.
Both detectives are falling to pieces; Marty with his family and coping mechanism dismantled from his life, Rust with his easy descent back into the fucked up world of a criminal at the same time as taking back up alcohol and hard drugs. They need each other to put their personal demons aside to stay on point with the investigation, otherwise it could all fall apart in front of their eyes and ruin their careers.

Also the stuff with Marty and his wife hits close to home (aside from the
adultery though of course
) as those kinds of jobs are a total mind fuck. Coming home to a wife and child with that stuff isn't healthy and really strains things. A lot of unspoken things going on there, body language was loud and clear.

Happy birthday, hope your mum got you something good!

Kritz

Banned
My origin thing's Kritz7. Eventually got a key by going through EA supportdesk.

Pretty much using this game as an excuse to get down these 6-8 hour backlog of giantbomb and idle thumbs podcasts.

Which is apparently what happens when you spend 80% of your waking life for two weeks making networked physics code.

Deeku

lol

well, i'm sure the interviewers are well aware of the types of people the jet program attracts. like, i probably wouldn't hide it, but maybe use it as a staring point for being introduced into japanese culture or something.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
In JET programs - I actually presume that they actually wouldn't be that impressed of someone who demonstrates knowledge of japanese culture.. and instead are looking for people who are more or less western than a westerner who just wishes he was japanese.

That's just my assumption anyway. I kind of feel like if I were to apply for a program like that I'd try to impress them with my knowledge of eastern religions and japanese literature and film over anime.:p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
what 3 items represent aussie culture, ausgaf

so far i have

vegemite
a boomerang
???

Multicultural
Racism
Beaches
Heat
Creatures that can kill u, anytime, any place.
Lots of space where we don't live, sand and shit!
BBQs - seafood on BBQs
AFL
Rugby
Bad movies
Home and away
Neighbours
Aboriginals
Digereeedooooosssssssssssss

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ciggie butt brains

also omi, i wouldnt mind trying something thats a bit longer? short games were good, but if we get a stable crowd locked in it would be cool to try something that goes an hour or more? but thatm ight just be me lol

ciggie butt brains

also omi, i wouldnt mind trying something thats a bit longer? short games were good, but if we get a stable crowd locked in it would be cool to try something that goes an hour or more? but thatm ight just be me lol

nope not just you. games you need to take breaks from and last days are the best types of games

Danoss

nope not just you. games you need to take breaks from and last days are the best types of games

Didn't know you were a wargamer.

Some of the larger ones take a week or two to resolve, and that's playing all day, every day. Hope you've got a spare (large) room to dedicate to such a game so as not to disturb it while it's in progress.

Didn't know you were a wargamer.

Some of the larger ones take a week or two to resolve, and that's playing all day, every day. Hope you've got a spare (large) room to dedicate to such a game so as not to disturb it while it's in progress.

WOT YOU CALL ME
i didnt know i was one of those either?

Shaneus

So AusGAF Titanfall?

Origin ID's

Reptilescorpio
MondyofWar
Kritz7
RuthlesBarbarian
[insert more ID's here]
I'm Shaneus on Origin, but after completing the tutorial, I don't really think this is my thing. Everything just feels kinda stilted even though it makes a conscious effort not to with the running and the jumping and the wall-running and the jumping into giant mechs, flayven.

Also, I seem to have this problem with a lot of games where the shadows flicker like crazy. I suspect it's a Crossfire thing, but I dunno.

Having said that, with moderate graphics settings I was surprised I was hitting 60fps out of the gate. Probably could've pushed it a little further.

what 3 items represent aussie culture, ausgaf

so far i have

vegemite
a boomerang
???
AusGAF

PS. Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars. Haven't you seen the fucking ad?

That Lego Movie was pretty damn great.

Watch it (When it comes out in Australia) if you like great animation, good fast paced jokes, with surprise cameos and references from a ton of different franchises, and a good message for both kids and parents to take away from it.
I've been blessed with a nephew who loves the shit out of Lego. Can't wait for it to come out here :)

I'm Shaneus on Origin, but after completing the tutorial, I don't really think this is my thing. Everything just feels kinda stilted even though it makes a conscious effort not to with the running and the jumping and the wall-running and the jumping into giant mechs, flayven.

Also, I seem to have this problem with a lot of games where the shadows flicker like crazy. I suspect it's a Crossfire thing, but I dunno.

Having said that, with moderate graphics settings I was surprised I was hitting 60fps out of the gate. Probably could've pushed it a little further.

)

Yeah, running surprisingly well on my laptop at high settings. It does not support SLI and crossfire afaik, so many people are having issues.

Xbone version looks like crap.

How long is the beta meant to last? Haven't been able to play a single game till now due to server issues. :X

Yeah, running surprisingly well on my laptop at high settings. It does not support SLI and crossfire afaik, so many people are having issues.

Xbone version looks like crap.

How long is the beta meant to last? Haven't been able to play a single game till now due to server issues. :X
I've been playing on XB1 on and off since like 2pm without drama. Ping hasn't been great but not lagging enough to disadvantage me. I may be in love with this game though. Parkouring onto a roof and unleashing on a titan is amazingly satisfying.
Also I just got another Xbox code if anyone wants it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
After the long journey of trying to figure out what new display I should buy, I think i'm just going to go with one of the cheap korean 27" IPS displays.

With 4K being the new thing, It feels like a cheap IPS 27" display is a good upgrade until 4K becomes a more viable option in a few years time.

Doesn't feel like I need 120hz and G-Sync technology just yet. I could wait out for that Asus display but at $800+, Naaa.

Now I just need to figure out which GPU should be my next upgrade.

lexi

Banned
I had a dream that I played Titanfall and loved it. Which is really weird because I actually don't give a shit about Titanfall.

Arksy

Has the miners tax hit ATI cards in Australia? I'm not sure if the price has increased at all...can anyone clarify? They look the same to me but I have no idea.

Shaneus

you might have left that one a little late, Shaneus.
jk
Whada what what? I only saw it on my FB feed this morning. If it was posted here, I probably didn't see it... especially if it was Jase who posted it, because I can't stand that cunt and would've ignored his post out of spite.

i was joking about you 'loving the fuck out of her.' That ain't gonna happen now.
thatsthejoke.jpg, nexttimeIwillquotefromTheSimpsons.gif, nvm.psd

I don't where I saw open beta PC Titanfall. Probably imagining it. going nuts in my frail dotage, etc

extra- Alan Partridge/Steve Coogan fans should seek out Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa. it's pretty good.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I actually really like titanfall, But it is just CoD with titans. Not a huge fan of the pointless bots though, really should be more than 6v6 + bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom