• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

Haven't you guys seen /r/MensRights? Its not exactly a new thing, its just more obvious now since more women are entering the games industry and, therefore, gender depiction in games and associated media is at an all-time high now.

It was quite a bit of fun reading how victimized the Tomb Raider reboot made /r/MensRights (or was it another MRA forum? can't remember) feel. It was kind of reading Free Republic when Obama became president.

Kritz

Banned
Haven't you guys seen /r/MensRights? Its not exactly a new thing, its just more obvious now since more women are entering the games industry and, therefore, gender depiction in games and associated media is at an all-time high now.

It was quite a bit of fun reading how victimized the Tomb Raider reboot made /r/MensRights (or was it another MRA forum? can't remember) feel. It was kind of reading Free Republic when Obama became president.

There's also the subhuman subforum /r/redpill which I couldn't really stomach long enough to work out what its purpose was. Wasn't sure if it was the standard self-emasculated cry for dominance over women charade, or if it had a more sinister intent of sexual assault justifications.

Certain subreddits can be real shitholes, but I think it's just a problem of people as a whole having some really damaging fucked up views.

So who's heading to soundwave this weekend? Who are you seeing?

Sydney for me, and here is my plan...

11 - 11.40 - Amon Amarth (If I get in on time)
12.10 - 12.40 - Nancy Vandal
12.40 - 1.20 - Less Than Jake
1.20 - 3.00 - Wherever
3.00 - 3.40 - Dir En Grey
4.00 - 5.00 - Trivium
5.00 - 5.40 - Alice In Chains
5.40 - 6.40 - Down
6.40 - 7.20 - Gojira
7.20 - 8.20 - Devildriver
8.20 - 9.00 - Green Day
9.00 - 10.00 - HIM

Most people are bitching about cancellations/clashes, but my day has worked out well, only miss out on Pennywise, which I might try to fit in a bit of anyway.

Oh nice, I'll be at Sydney as well.

It'll go something like:

Less than Jake
Wherever as well
Living End
Placebo
Pennywise
Jimmy Eat World
Rob Zombie
Greenday

a very decidedly 90s day.

Thanks for the lift home last night Shaneus!

Also huge thanks to Omi, Cod, Aniseed, HolyCheck and Arnie for catching up for a drink with this old fool! Was good times.

No Tex Mex in the future for me. My belly still hurts :(
Also the food transaction employee tried to jip me out of 10c!

Unfortunately the boy was up from 4am onwards, refusing to keep quiet. 4 hours sleep followed by 4 hours of painful parenting does not make for a good start to the day :(

Hey guys, I want a Wii U (WHY? I don't know :() but I want to pay not much for it, any news in the future of a potential price drop here in Aus? Any good deals on?

Dryk

Skype support have confirmed that they can't get my account back. Since they caused the problem in the first place and then never responded to my first request emails they can go die in a fire. Screw rebuilding my account.

The Giant

Banned
I manged to get the last copy of donkey kong from my local eb. They weren't happy that they didn't have enough copies of it.

Dryk

I will actually go out and buy Donkey Kong even though I have a larger than ideal Wii U backlog. Because I will play it straight away.

Shaneus

Played the Strider demo on PS4 earlier. I'm genuinely surprised, it's actually really fucking good. I should play the arcade/MD versions to compare because (shock, horror) I've never played them before.

JMizzlin

Had 12 copies of DK today. Sold one at about 3pm.

The next nearby store (located in a major Westfield) sold less than 5.

Uh oh.

Rlan

Ugh, what a day. Looking for a new housemate to fill the last room of our sharehouse quickly. Since the other housemates were at work (or Soundwave) I had to go through 4 of them myself. Then I had a fridge delivered.

And then quickly went to grab Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Been playing it so far, enjoying it quite a bit. Puzzle Pieces are a bitch to find sometimes though.

Mondy

Banned
Good news for my fellow QLDGAF members from over at AusPoli. The LNP have lost Redcliffe to Labor with a swing of 16.4%.

Arksy

I'm having a quiet night in.....

Cleaning my keyboard...ugh.

I've injured myself about...oh let's see..half a dozen times.

no ones got money to spend. all my suppliers are downsizing even. changing product lines completely. one even now works in a cheese factory just to stay on top of bills.

Omikron

it's not that they are wrong that annoys me, it's the way they defend that.

'oh I was told that'

that isn't a defence, it's laziness, go research and find out the real answer. you are even employed in a position that pays you to do so ffs.

'oh I was told that'

that isn't a defence, it's laziness, go research and find out the real answer. you are even employed in a position that pays you to do so ffs.
They are paid to do marketing for videogames.

No more, no less.

Their efforts are aimed at directing children to products. They don't care about accuracy or facts.

After three months of unemployment, I finally have a solid job offer. Yay!

The good news is that it's a promotion and will look really good on my CV once I'm done. The bad news is it's FIFO on a 3 on / 1 off roster. :-/

Mrs Squirrel and I talked it over and we can stand to do it for a year, while our son is young enough to not remember, but yeah, I predict a lot of Skype in my future.

The good news is that it's a promotion and will look really good on my CV once I'm done. The bad news is it's FIFO on a 3 on / 1 off roster. :-/

Mrs Squirrel and I talked it over and we can stand to do it for a year, while our son is young enough to not remember, but yeah, I predict a lot of Skype in my future.

grats. take it.

Congrats dude!

raphanum

Hey, fellow Australians. Anybody here who I could add on PSN (PS3/Vita), Steam and/or 3DS? Need more locals to game with. PM me :)

Shaneus

'oh I was told that'

I found the thread it was mentioned in. It's such a stupid thing, and it's not even the sort of thing that requires "research". It's something people can personally verify, so why do they need to be told that? It's like being told the sky is green and grass is blue. I'm pretty sure everyone with half-decent eyesight is qualified to make the 1080p/720p statement and verify that it's wrong.

Present company excluded, of course ;)

Congrats! Sucks about the sort of situation it is, but it's something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom