• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had 12 copies of DK today. Sold one at about 3pm.

The next nearby store (located in a major Westfield) sold less than 5.

Uh oh.
I went to a good-sized shopping centre yesterday morning looking for DKCR: Tropical Freeze. Only EB Games had any out for purchase. Big W, Target and JB didn't. I asked at Big W and they looked out the back and said they didn't get it in yet.

And the combo of the 'premium' Wii U storage size and this 12 GB download was severely misjudged.

Dryk

Hey, fellow Australians. Anybody here who I could add on PSN (PS3/Vita), Steam and/or 3DS? Need more locals to game with. PM me :)
I can add you on Steam and 3DS but I tend to not to be playing the same games as other people at any given time :\

What are you thinking of specifically?

Shaneus

Completely wrong, Clive. This is Fifo:
1EU85TPm.jpg

Deeku

Yyyyyep, I'm on it! Season one done, weekend well spent I reckon!

And holy crap some of the product placement...like, every time there's a scene at the hip news place, they've got the constant tapping of the iOS keyboard and facetime ringing thing going on in the background. It's really getting on my nerves, keep thinking I accidentally made a call or something

Rahk

I strted watching the first season too. Not much of a marathon though. Got through one and a half episodes and then had to sleep.

Yeah the product placement is pretty intense sometimes. Like Kevin spacey's character plays video games only to advertise. That kind of placement that intrudes on the storytelling irks me.

Gazunta

Made it through four episodes of House of Cards before realizing everyone in the show is a sociopath and went back to The Muppets.

In gaming news, last night I discovered that playing Burnout Paradise on my Surface Pro 2 is better than playing it on my Xbox 360 thanks to the fact that the TV is so far away from the couch now that the screen is effectively BIGGER on the 10 inch Surface Pro 2 screen. Good lord woman why do you want the TV so far away from the couch agh.

Stackboy

With any luck I should be picking up my PS4 this afternoon. Bought NFS:Rivals and AC4 for it over the weekend. Will grab an extra controller and the camera with the hardware as well.

Traded in 34 games and got $200. I know I know, could have ebayed the lot and got more, but this is the first time in 7 years that I've traded in games and it's just plain easier. Only traded in games that I knew I would never play again.

Stackboy

That's $5.80 a game.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, Stackboy. What the hell.

Yep, well aware of what I was doing. Value ranged from $3 a game to $13. Was about a quarter of my collection of PS3/360 games.

Selling them on ebay would have been a hassle I wasn't willing to deal with. $200 off my PS4 order was something I was happy to settle for.

I had pretty good luck selling all my anime DVDs on ebay last year. Just split it up into series and your good to go.

I'm still clearing out the last of my retro stuff, had boxes of stuff that I had just shoved in a cupboard and forgot about. Surprisingly enough I had some expensive/rare games.

Gazunta

HAR HAR JASE

laughter hides the tears

AusFitnessGAF: Recommendations for MP3 players that are small / wearable and DURABLE?

Shaneus

I have a Sansa Clip+ and it's rad as hell. I don't think they make them anymore but refurbs can usually be found easily enough.

I have a Sansa Clip+ and it's rad as hell. I don't think they make them anymore but refurbs can usually be found easily enough.

They stopped making them? Fuck. I guess I should get one for my girlfriend sometime soon. She has a terrible Ipod Touch that her idiot friends convinced her to get years ago, and it just doesn't cut it any more with its paltry 8 gig and lack of support for good file formats.

I have a Cowon J3 and as a "premium" player it serves me very well indeed... but they don't make these anymore either, so I'm very concerned what my next MP3 player will be when it dies.

The Clip Zip is the replacement. It's pretty much the same player, just with some aesthetic changes.

Well, that's okay then! Any advantages to one over the other?

The portable MP3 player market is almost dead, sadly. When I was in Japan back in 2011 most major electronic stores had a whole section for MP3 players... when I went back at the end of last year, the only players stocked anywhere were Apple or Sony. Smart phones have just killed everything.

The pro + con of the Clip Zip is the slightly larger, colour screen. If you didn't want a larger screen than the Clip+ it's a bad thing. If you like that sort of thing, it's a pro.

I'm not sure if it has affected overall battery life but I would expect not. You can set the screen off of a pretty quick time period, meaning it's not chewing up power for more than a few seconds.

You can currently get the 8 gig for $50 off of Amazon, plus add a 32 or 64 gig microSD card for <$50 meaning you can have a 40 - 72 gig player for a bit over $100. (or just an 8gig player for $50).

Shaneus

One word of warning: if you are fully entrenched in Apple's ecosystem and find other interfaces difficult to adapt to, you may not like the OS of the player.

Here is a youtube clip of the Menus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IigSbHphDL0

Just so that you're fully informed.
Somehow, they managed to make it look even cheaper than the Clip+. I'm still a big fan of the super-bright LED blue/orange thing they had going on.

Any idea if it has the same audio guts as the Clip+, Jase?

I'm pretty sure it's the same innards with just a few firmware/software changes. As for the display, it's nothing that installing Rockbox won't fix; I think there's a theme or two that makes the interface look reminiscent of the Clip+. Having said that, installing Rockbox also comes with its own challenges, too...

But you're right, it does come across as a bit "cheap," especially once you also factor in its surprisingly cheap weight. But that sort of works in its favour, too. I've never felt overly precious about the thing, which suits it's needs as a grimy running partner or being used while working in the yard or any other form of labour. I definitely wouldn't do any of that with a $200-300 iPod.

Albo and Palmer on Q&A tonight. Should be entertaining.

Traded in 34 games and got $200. I know I know, could have ebayed the lot and got more, but this is the first time in 7 years that I've traded in games and it's just plain easier. Only traded in games that I knew I would never play again.

That's sad, I sold on gumtree about the same number last year and made close to a thousand bucks. :p

You don't sell games on ebay. Gumtree is the way to go.

Hey, fellow Australians. Anybody here who I could add on PSN (PS3/Vita), Steam and/or 3DS? Need more locals to game with. PM me :)

PS4/PS3/vita - ruthlesbarbarian

Not playing anything much these days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom