• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
That joke was the absolute pit, man.

PS: I had a scary thought. The mango will probably be found a couple of kilometres away, with a single bite taken out of it. And right next to it will be world's largest fruitbat. 30 meters tall and fucking pissed off that there's no other giant mangos to eat.

Hey guys, I want a Wii U (WHY? I don't know :() but I want to pay not much for it, any news in the future of a potential price drop here in Aus? Any good deals on?
I'm home so I can update this now!

Basic WiiU pack with Nintendoland & Just Dance (and possibly a Wiimote+ but that's not included in the Target description but is in the image so press them for it!) for $288 at Target & Big W.
Big W also have the premium WiiU pack (slightly bigger HDD and is BLACK!) with New Super Mario Bros U & Luigi U for $368

bet it was an inside job to boost media attention.
Bingo bango.

Rlan

Fine times making GIFs.

E8UDR3o.gif

Gaz, wait.
That price is barely $80 less than I paid at launch for the Premium with Nintendoland and NSMBU.

If there's no Wii U price "realignment" in the next few months, I'll eat my cat. I know what I typed and it is a typo but i've said it now.

I always joke with my cat that I'll turn him into dim sims. It's funny because he doesn't understand it's an outdated derogatory racial statement. I laugh for him and he seems pleased at least.
Dim sims are awesome. My current lazy food.

Choc'd :/

Also yeah, it's not a great deal. Still not sure if my $200 WiiU has been a good buy yet. I'm not into platformers damnit >_<

Gazunta

Shocked - SHOCKED - that the mango thing was a marketing stunt.

And thanks guys, cooler heads (yours) have prevailed.

Man the more I think about it, the more that the Surface Pro being a portable Steam+emulator machine is reducing my desire to buy anything else. Crazy.

Shocked - SHOCKED - that the mango thing was a marketing stunt.

And thanks guys, cooler heads (yours) have prevailed.

Man the more I think about it, the more that the Surface Pro being a portable Steam+emulator machine is reducing my desire to buy anything else. Crazy.

Did you buy a Vita yet?

Help out poor old Minter man!

Gazunta

now imagine that the surface was a good product worthy of the pruchase price!

I know that the Surface Pro has a very, very, very small niche market (basically: people who need a tablet you can run real art applications on) but, being dead center in that market, I absolutely ADORE it. There's no way I could recommend it to everyone, though.

Did you buy a Vita yet?

Help out poor old Minter man!

TxK, like the dozen or so Xbox 360 games that went on sale this week, like the last half dozen Humble Bundles, like that pile of 3DS games I got for Christmas, and like the pile of games I got through PS+, are waiting patiently to be played when I finish this fucking book :)

TxK, like the dozen or so Xbox 360 games that went on sale this week, like the last half dozen Humble Bundles, like that pile of 3DS games I got for Christmas, and like the pile of games I got through PS+, are waiting patiently to be played when I finish this fucking book :)

Minter am cry

:(

markot

Banned
Whys it so hard to find a laptop that can run all games, is 13 inches, lasts 10+ hours for under 1000?!

Its like im living in the 50's!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
if the signs say yes you probably do then
im sure your parents are much smarter and wiser than you are
Unfortunately they are scientifically illiterate - going on to say that evolution, vaccination, germ theory of disease is a load of bullshit for reasons I don't understand.. well I do understand the reason. They aren't unintelligent people though. But I'm pretty sure with confidence I know more about this stuff than they do.;p

Also to be even worthy of a diagnosis I think I'd need more than my parents testimony.. the fact I can be inattentive and like the interrupt people mid-conversation isn't causing distress to myself or people around me such as co-workers, friends and acquaintances .. there's a level of abnormality that has to be taken in context, and I'm simply not at that level.

And I actually know and work with people who have ADHD.. and it's definitely hard to even consider going through with a diagnosis based on my own personal experience and contrasting it with my own behaviour.

Shaneus

Man my parents are convinced I have ADHD just because I match a number of the symptoms on the page: http://www.psychology.org.au/community/adhd/

*sigh* such a misunderstanding of how mental illness works.
Deny deny deny. Then wait until you hit 31, are finally diagnosed and realise all those years you could've put your mind towards something but couldn't because this thing you could never quite put your finger on, kept holding you back.

I would've given my left nut to have my parents think I had ADHD rather than just being a slacker in high school who couldn't apply himself :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Deny deny deny. Then wait until you hit 31, are finally diagnosed and realise all those years you could've put your mind towards something but couldn't because this thing you could never quite put your finger on, kept holding you back.

I would've given my left nut to have my parents think I had ADHD rather than just being a slacker in high school who couldn't apply himself :(

Don't know about your situation - but I have no problem putting my mind towards watching a bunch of films, studying for exams, scoring HDs on assignments, achieving personal goals etc. And despite still having a lot of games to finish, I'm very good at being a completionist for the stuff I actually do play. have a friend who has ADD and actually has a very CONSISTENT pattern of being unable to finish anything she plays, wonder if that's connected.

If I struggled to do any of that stuff at levels beyond my own personal control, I'd definitely consider getting a diagnosis. :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Mango reminded me of Victoria's Gumbaya park mascot getting blown up:
gumbuya-park-pheasant-729-420x0.jpg

Was the mango an inside job...trojan mango?

My parents used to say that thing came to life and would walk around at night. It took YEARS for me to believe otherwise. Still get the heebyjeebies when I see it -__-

Rezbit

and like the interrupt people mid-conversation isn't causing distress to myself or people around me such as co-workers, friends and acquaintances

You might not have ADHD but this is bloody annoying and you should stop. You have no idea if you're annoying people, they might just be being polite.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
You might not have ADHD but this is bloody annoying and you should stop. You have no idea if you're annoying people, they might just be being polite.
To be fair I only do it when it gets into discussions with friends that really "excite" me and friends bring it up as a point of humour or just tell me to "calm down". Never done it to my co-workers.. I think I phrased that wrong. My inattentiveness is the worst part since I can let my mind wander sometimes.

Don't know about your situation - but I have no problem putting my mind towards watching a bunch of films, studying for exams, scoring HDs on assignments, achieving personal goals etc. And despite still having a lot of games to finish, I'm very good at being a completionist for the stuff I actually do play. have a friend who has ADD and actually has a very CONSISTENT pattern of being unable to finish anything she plays, wonder if that's connected.

If I struggled to do any of that stuff at levels beyond my own personal control, I'd definitely consider getting a diagnosis. :)

sounds like adhd to me

what is this
i dont even

Shaneus

To be fair I only do it when it gets into discussions with friends that really "excite" me and friends bring it up as a point of humour or just tell me to "calm down". Never done it to my co-workers.. I think I phrased that wrong. My inattentiveness is the worst part since I can let my mind wander sometimes.
Still, if you can't control it, it's a telltale sign and if you know you have ADHD, you can control it better regardless of medication or other kinds of treatment. I didn't realise it was a classic symptom one until my doc (who also had late-diagnosis ADHD at ~50) told me. There are stacks of other signs as well that you'll have no idea are relevant until you talk to someone about it (who knows their shit).

Honestly, going to talk to a doctor/psych isn't going to hurt. It's like having a bump on your forehead checked out... it might not be anything serious, but you're going to feel pretty fucking stupid in a few years if it turns out it was cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom