• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that, the power at my house has finally come back on. Thank you Ausgrid.

Really should invest in a generator for next time.

With the fires last year and floods this year I'm thinking about grabbing one of these, will also run a fire pump. We're on Tank water up here in the Blue Mountains so no power means no water. With that beast I could run the water, fridges, some lights and my computer!

Darren870

So, a bit strange that they would win Morningstar's fund manager of the year in Australia? http://www.morningstar.com.au/funds/article/manager-of-year/6961

My bad, just double checked. It was that they didn't offer supers in Australia anymore. Originally I wanted them to do my super, but went with ANZ since they don't have super accounts anymore.

I literally don't have enough to qualify for the 5000 minimum on a lot of these funds currently. I had over 13k saved up as of Feb but family things came up and long story short, I am 12.5k down thanks to lending the family money. I might get some thousands back in a month or two. I doubt I'll get it all back inside of a year, or at all.

So I'm probably not going to be actually investing until closer to the end of the year, unless I get 5k back or so.

Who do you recommend, anyway? I don't think I have the balls to try and beat the market myself, so more diversified funds are more attractive. But I'm young and I can risk some high growth stuff for a few years.

I wouldn't invest in any particular stocks anyways. Unless you have time time to do the research on particular companies. I used to do it a lot in the US but don't have time time anymore so just stick my money in high growth funds since I'm under 30 (2 more months though :( ).

I'd go with Vanguard and looking at their ETFS and Managed funds they have a lot of good choices. Since you will only have about 5k to start then maybe look into a few ETFS. There is no minimum with ETFS either. I would do something like:

40% US Markets (VTS)
20% AUS Property Marekts (VAP)
20% AUS Shares (VAS)
10% AUS Bonds (VGB)
10% Emerging Markets (VGE)

But that's just a quick look. And the loads (costs) are very low compared to the loads of their managed funds.

Also if you have a Super, you might be able to buy the above now within the Super. Depends on the Super I guess.

ETFS are about 1% cheaper then the managed funds.

https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/ret/investments/etfs.jsp

I wouldn't invest in any particular stocks anyways. Unless you have time time to do the research on particular companies. I used to do it a lot in the US but don't have time time anymore so just stick my money in high growth funds since I'm under 30 (2 more months though :( ).

I'd go with Vanguard and looking at their ETFS and Managed funds they have a lot of good choices. Since you will only have about 5k to start then maybe look into a few ETFS. There is no minimum with ETFS either. I would do something like:

40% US Markets (VTS)
20% AUS Property Marekts (VAP)
20% AUS Shares (VAS)
10% AUS Bonds (VGB)
10% Emerging Markets (VGE)

But that's just a quick look. And the loads (costs) are very low compared to the loads of their managed funds.

Also if you have a Super, you might be able to buy the above now within the Super. Depends on the Super I guess.

ETFS are about 1% cheaper then the managed funds.

https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/ret/investments/etfs.jsp

ETFS looked good to me numbers wise (>10% for 1 year performance on a lot of htem... but obviously past perf isn't the same as future perf :p), but how would one control a spread like that? Is there some kind of "fund" I can buy into that allows me to allocate like that?

I'm on UniSuper since that was the default at my place of employment.

Fredescu

There is no minimum with ETFS either.

The minimum should really be how big a chunk the brokerage fee is going to be and whether that makes sense to do on that basis. I don't think it makes sense to pay $15 to buy $500 worth of ETFs as that's a 3% fee, and you have to pay it on the way out too. I think it's better to buy one lot with the initial $5000, and have a spread like you've listed as a goal to work towards with future investments, not as a way to split up the first $5000.

Darren870

ETFS looked good to me numbers wise (>10% for 1 year performance on a lot of htem... but obviously past perf isn't the same as future perf :p), but how would one control a spread like that? Is there some kind of "fund" I can buy into that allows me to allocate like that?

I'm on UniSuper since that was the default at my place of employment.

You would have to set the balance yourself. There are online tools/apps to do that or some better brokerage houses will have ways of automatically tracking that. In theory though that's why you are saving money as you are the one managing the fund.

Lets say though you were going to all your money in the Vanguard real estate ETF. The holdings are exactly the same as the Real estate managed fund that Vanguard actively manages. Except its .65% cheaper (plus no .15% spread cost for buy/sell). They charge that extra to actively re-balance the fund.

Its probably not as clear with one fund, but if you are buying a fund that has the break down I mentioned it makes more sense. Since all they are doing is adjusting your % in the funds of their choice.

Every 3 months you should go in and adjust your position accordingly to the break down that you want. If you see real estate has grown 30% but Emerging Markets only grew 5% then you need to add more money to Emerging Markets. Avoid selling though as then you are cashing in the gain and will have to pay tax. This then puts you in a better position if real estate goes pop. Your other funds will absorb the loss and make sure you don't get stung as much.

I'm sure there is an app that can keep track of that. A simple pie chart of your holdings is really all you need.

As for your super, you would have to log in and check. If you didn't want to use your super you could use etrade or some other low cost brokerage house. Then you just buy the ETFS (they are on the ASX) and balance accordingly. If you are starting low then maybe have a goal of what you want.

So if you were doing a $5000 goal, but only had $1000. Put $1000 into the first ETF. Then the next $1000 into the next etf, then so on and so on. I wouldn't put like $400, $200, $200, $100, $100, as you have to pay a buy fee at first for each one. Thats 5 fees at first, then for the next $1000 its 5 fees, etc etc. Where instead you could break it down as just 5 fees overall.

If that makes any sense.....

Edit:

The minimum should really be how big a chunk the brokerage fee is going to be and whether that makes sense to do on that basis. I don't think it makes sense to pay $15 to buy $500 worth of ETFs as that's a 3% fee, and you have to pay it on the way out too. I think it's better to buy one lot with the initial $5000, and have a spread like you've listed as a goal to work towards with future investments, not as a way to split up the first $5000.

Funny, thats what I was just typing out :)
But yea its setting a realistic goal for yourself and how much you can actually contribute.

You shouldn't really have more then 5 funds either, 6 would be the max.

Should be HMSC to be truly occa!

tumblr_nn8lv6Hnbb1usnr9to2_250.gif

You would have to set the balance yourself. There are online tools/apps to do that or some better brokerage houses will have ways of automatically tracking that. In theory though that's why you are saving money as you are the one managing the fund.

Lets say though you were going to all your money in the Vanguard real estate ETF. The holdings are exactly the same as the Real estate managed fund that Vanguard actively manages. Except its .65% cheaper (plus no .15% spread cost for buy/sell). They charge that extra to actively re-balance the fund.

Its probably not as clear with one fund, but if you are buying a fund that has the break down I mentioned it makes more sense. Since all they are doing is adjusting your % in the funds of their choice.

Every 3 months you should go in and adjust your position accordingly to the break down that you want. If you see real estate has grown 30% but Emerging Markets only grew 5% then you need to add more money to Emerging Markets. Avoid selling though as then you are cashing in the gain and will have to pay tax. This then puts you in a better position if real estate goes pop. Your other funds will absorb the loss and make sure you don't get stung as much.

I'm sure there is an app that can keep track of that. A simple pie chart of your holdings is really all you need.

As for your super, you would have to log in and check. If you didn't want to use your super you could use etrade or some other low cost brokerage house. Then you just buy the ETFS (they are on the ASX) and balance accordingly. If you are starting low then maybe have a goal of what you want.

So if you were doing a $5000 goal, but only had $1000. Put $1000 into the first ETF. Then the next $1000 into the next etf, then so on and so on. I wouldn't put like $400, $200, $200, $100, $100, as you have to pay a buy fee at first for each one. Thats 5 fees at first, then for the next $1000 its 5 fees, etc etc. Where instead you could break it down as just 5 fees overall.

If that makes any sense.....

So essentially, when one fund starts performing well, I put my next contributions into the ones that did not perform so well, to try and keep all funds "roughly" on equal footing and thus diverse? That makes sense, I think. Are there really no minimums? I thought they were all 5k too :S

How many hurdles do I have to jump through to get an account set up etc?

Fredescu

Are there really no minimums?

With an ETF, you're buying shares off the stock exchange. So technically you could buy one share if you wanted to, which, for example, is roughly $70 for the Australian Shares - High Yield fund: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/priceLookup.do?by=asxCodes&asxCodes=VHY

You wouldn't though, because you pay your broker (commsec or whatever) money for each trade. They all have slightly different fee structures, but usually you're looking at $15 for under $10k. So paying someone $15 to buy a $70 thing is a bit silly.

With an ETF, you're buying shares off the stock exchange. So technically you could buy one share if you wanted to, which, for example, is roughly $70 for the Australian Shares - High Yield fund: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/priceLookup.do?by=asxCodes&asxCodes=VHY

You wouldn't though, because you pay your broker (commsec or whatever) money for each trade. They all have slightly different fee structures, but usually you're looking at $15 for under $10k. So paying someone $15 to buy a $70 thing is a bit silly.

Ahhhh ok.

Never purchased shares in my life so I wouldn't even know where to start to actually do it, though!

Age of Ultron is a pretty fucking epic movie. If you didn't like the first at all, I don't think this will be your cup of tea either, but if you did like the first one, this is its equal.

Wrong. Age of Ultron is fucking worse. I was yawning during the final 30 minutes.

Mindless action scenes. Forced humor.

Avengers 1 first half was boring, second half was fun.

Avengers 2 first half is good, second half is terrible.

Fredescu

Never purchased shares in my life so I wouldn't even know where to start to actually do it, though!

It's not too tricky. Pick an online broker. All the major banks have one. Maybe one that is handy to your banking situation or whatever. Compare their fees. Make sure deposits and withdrawals are going to be free and easy to do. They will probably have x free trades when you first sign up, so I'd probably delay signing up until you're close to ready. You could check the Whirlpool finance forum for feedback on particular brokers if you want.

From there it's just a matter of putting your money in the account and putting your orders in. You can specify a price you want to buy them at, and if no one is selling for that price you won't get them. Or you can just specify a number to buy at whatever they're going for that day, or maybe a max price, or whatever. The bigger ones will have guides to explain it all.

The ASX website has some good "shares for beginners" guides too which might be a better place to start before you do all that. http://www.asx.com.au/education/first-time-investors.htm

Jintor

One of the odd things about having two accountants as parents is that they kind of babied me away from understanding economics until I finally threw up my hands and went to go look for myself. I still don't really understand it. If I ask dad about things he usually says something along the lines of 'let me handle it', which is usually convenient, but not really condusive to learning.

I might ask him about taking it more seriously when I go home and actually have a bit of money to speculate with.

Darren870

So essentially, when one fund starts performing well, I put my next contributions into the ones that did not perform so well, to try and keep all funds "roughly" on equal footing and thus diverse? That makes sense, I think. Are there really no minimums? I thought they were all 5k too :S

How many hurdles do I have to jump through to get an account set up etc?

Yea, exactly. The goal is to be diverse in the end as not everything goes up. Eg if you had all your money in Iron Ore right now you would be crying, but if you had your money in Iron Ore and Real Estate it balances out. Ideally you would have a good balance across 5 funds so that if 1 sector was hurting the other 4 will make up for it nicely. Even if the ETF in a sector is going down you still buy into it though. Now you are getting it at a discounted price :)

Yea, no minimums. But like Fredescu said, you don't want to spend $15 on a $70 share. So you would buy in bulk to minimize the ratio. So if you had $2000, a $15 trade would be .75%. But that's a one time fee also. Not like the Managed fund that is .90% a year.

You can trade through your bank, not sure how much they charge though. I'd even ask if you could get some free trades, to avoid the fee. That or look into other online brokerage accounts. They usually offer cheap trades. Quick looks shows CMC Markets Stockbroking is $11 a trade.

Its probably a lot of information and a lot of people would say, egh I'll get to it later. But if you have the motivation and want to see your money work for you then I would highly recommend looking into it. I've been saving for my retirement and putting money into the stock market since I was 22 and its helped heaps over years.

Also, if you want to stick to the managed fund with Vanguard, there isn't really anything wrong with that. Its still a really really low cost expense. Most funds would be like 1.5+% a year. Some even way higher.

senahorse

Are there ways around paying this fee every time? Say I wanted to put in a couple of thousand a month (arbitrary number), would it be wise to do so, or wait a few months to limit the fees, is there an easy to calculate the fee vs the interest raised or does it fluctuate too often to really make that determination?

MoonGred

After removing 1gb data a month because I upgraded to 4g,amaysim have now given me an extra 1gb a month, putting me back to where I was just have faster internet.
Amaysim is pretty good, their customer service really sets them apart.

Darren870

Are there ways around paying this fee every time? Say I wanted to put in a couple of thousand a month (arbitrary number), would it be wise to do so, or wait a few months to limit the fees, is there an easy to calculate the fee vs the interest raised or does it fluctuate too often to really make that determination?

No, you could probably find a brokerage firm that would give you free trades or something along those lines. But eventually you have to pay the fee. It really depends on how much money you are putting in. You would want to do a larger number as then the fee is a smaller %. I don't see anything wrong with doing ~$2500 at a time. I used to do that all the time and made a lot of money in the past.

Ideally you would do it in lump sums as the fee obv eats away at the gains.

Edit: Right now Etrade has $500 worth of free trades for 90 days, as long as you open the account by the EOM. Its all online. However, etrade is $19.95 a trade so that is pretty high compared to CMC which is $11.

I'd probably go with CMC.

Fredescu

As Darren pointed out, once you start paying a couple of thousand each time, the brokerage is a fairly small percentage. These kinds of things are for long term investment, say 10+ years, so a once off fee of .75% isn't too bad.

The example we're talking about at the moment is Vanguard. The most popular fund they have is the Australian Shares Index fund, which basically tries to track the performance of the top 300 companies on the ASX. So if the share market is generally doing well, the fund should do as well, and the same for if it does poorly. There are two ways to get into this fund.

https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/ret/investments/funddetailASF.jsp
and
https://www.vanguardinvestments.com.au/retail/ret/investments/etfdetailVASIFE.jsp

The first is directly through Vanguard as a managed fund, and the second is buying a share off the ASX. They both use the same underlying fund (at least I'm fairly sure they do...). The managed fund has higher management fees, because they're doing more for you. The ETF has much lower management fees, because your broker is doing some of the work too.

The managed fund allows you to do a set and forget style additional investment via BPay, so you can have your employer pay an amount direct into it. The ETF will be more manual, although there probably are some fancy automation tools you can use.

So my rather ignorant and completely non professional opinion that you should take with a grain of salt would be that with $2000 a month, fee wise you'd be better off in the long run to just buy a $2000 parcel of ETFs every month. As long as you're holding for a reasonable amount of time, the management fees in the managed fund are going to be higher, even though you're not paying brokerage.

jambo

After removing 1gb data a month because I upgraded to 4g,amaysim have now given me an extra 1gb a month, putting me back to where I was just have faster internet.
Amaysim is pretty good, their customer service really sets them apart.

I'm assuming they piggy back off of Optus?

senahorse

Thanks Darren and Fred, lots of sound advice there and much to consider. Looking at some of the returns through Vanguard, it seems the dividend is worth more than the interest on our current mortgage. I am starting to think it might pay to save a chunk in the offset and then maybe once every few months withdraw said chunk and put into these ETF things. This definitely will be a long term thing for us, and will be solely to aide in a retirement fund. It would be interesting to see the differences in doing this vs putting that same money into our super fund (unisuper), but, then again whynotboth.gif.

Darren870

So my rather ignorant and completely non professional opinion that you should take with a grain of salt would be that with $2000 a month, fee wise you'd be better off in the long run to just buy a $2000 parcel of ETFs every month. As long as you're holding for a reasonable amount of time, the management fees in the managed fund are going to be higher, even though you're not paying brokerage.

Agreed.

For example lets say you put $5000 into that Managed Fund tomorrow. The fee is .90% per year.

If you never put a dime into it after tomorrow and the stock grew at 7% a year for 30 years then by that time you would have paid $8,965 in fees. The stock would be worth $29,096 after 30 years, but you paid ~30% worth in fees!

--

You buy the similar ETF which has a .15% fee and a $15 one off charge tomorrow. That is $4985 into the stock and not a dime more. After 30 years (at 7% again) you walk away with $36,286 and only paying $1,661 in fees. Only 4.5% worth....

Source: https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/tools-and-resources/calculators-and-apps/managed-funds-fee-calculator

---

You've all learned the basics about investing, really not much more to learn after this ;D

jambo

Yea they do, service has been pretty good for me, I've only encountered one dead spot which is right between southern cross and North Melbourne station

We have great Optus reception where we live, as well as in the CBD where I work. Only a few patchy bits along the train line, which is understandable.

Might look in to it when my current SIM only contract gets near the 12 month mark.

Agreed.

For example lets say you put $5000 into that Managed Fund tomorrow. The fee is .90% per year.

If you never put a dime into it after tomorrow and the stock grew at 7% a year for 30 years then by that time you would have paid $8,965 in fees. The stock would be worth $29,096 after 30 years, but you paid ~30% worth in fees!

--

You buy the similar ETF which has a .15% fee and a $15 one off charge tomorrow. That is $4985 into the stock and not a dime more. After 30 years (at 7% again) you walk away with $36,286 and only paying $1,661 in fees. Only 4.5% worth....

Source: https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/tools-and-resources/calculators-and-apps/managed-funds-fee-calculator

---

You've all learned the basics about investing, really not much more to learn after this ;D

Your comparison seems biased towards the ETFS. While a single lump sum obviously favors it, it might be different if you wanted to put regular investments in. In order to keep the brokering fees low as a percentage you have to save up thousands to put in which may mean sacrificing a month or two of interest on a series of smaller sums that you could insert using B-pay in the managed fund.

ETFS still probably cheaper, but comparison is not quite as unfavourable, and regular investments mean continuous fees with brokering at some point. Single lump sum would be the theoretical ideal way to use ETFS.

I received an inheritance of around $33k early this year. It went into a goalsaver account with the Commonwealth bank, which at the moment has an interest rate of 3.25% (it was 3.5% when I started it but it went down a few days later). I get around $95 a month interest on it if I put $200 in each month.

Darren870

Thanks Darren and Fred, lots of sound advice there and much to consider. Looking at some of the returns through Vanguard, it seems the dividend is worth more than the interest on our current mortgage. I am starting to think it might pay to save a chunk in the offset and then maybe once every few months withdraw said chunk and put into these ETF things. This definitely will be a long term thing for us, and will be solely to aide in a retirement fund. It would be interesting to see the differences in doing this vs putting that same money into our super fund (unisuper), but, then again whynotboth.gif.

I don't know enough about retirement funds in AUS yet or how you are taxed on shares here. However, it might be worth doing this inside your Super if you aren't taxed on the gain. I'll have to read more about it, I've been a bit slack when it comes to my AUS retirement account. I just finished sorting my US one and still trying to sort my UK one.

In the US though on certain accounts you aren't taxed on the gains within the account. So it would make sense to do this type of stuff if you wanted it for retirement money.

Your comparison seems biased towards the ETFS. While a single lump sum obviously favors it, it might be different if you wanted to put regular investments in. In order to keep the brokering fees low as a percentage you have to save up thousands to put in which may mean sacrificing a month or two of interest on a series of smaller sums that you could insert using B-pay in the managed fund.

ETFS still probably cheaper, but comparison is not quite as unfavourable, and regular investments mean continuous fees with brokering at some point. Single lump sum would be the theoretical ideal way to use ETFS.

True of course, and you're right it depends on investment input. I wouldn't advocate buying shares every day, or even every week.

However, lets say you put in $2000 a month after the initial $5000 for 30 years

ETF: $4985 + $1985 Per Month: $2,290,532 End - $68,779 in Fees
Managed Fund: $5000 + $2000 Per Month: $1,994,489 End - $382,478 In Fees

Still, a huge favor for the ETF...

The Difference for .90% to .15% is a lot when it compounds over the years.

MoonGred

We have great Optus reception where we live, as well as in the CBD where I work. Only a few patchy bits along the train line, which is understandable.

Might look in to it when my current SIM only contract gets near the 12 month mark.

Yea you really should, I'm sure there are other alternatives that would be good as well, but my gf raved about the customer service and she wasn't joking either.
I'm currently paying 44.90 a month and get unlimited calls and text to any Australian number, and 5gb of 4g internet. The biggest issue for me is not having any actual credit so I can't text or call overseas, which is fine for the most part seeing as it's just my mom who doesn't have a smartphone.

On the back of that, how do you get your parents to transition to modern day devices? My dad's really into tech so that wasn't an issue. But my mom and her husband don't give a crap about it and have been using these old basic phones for ages.
I don't want to force it on her but just feel that it would make staying in touch that much easier.

jambo

My current SIM only plan is $40 with unlimited text and calls and 3.25 GB of data, so an extra 1.75 GB for $5 seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks, popped a few new albums on my phone that I've been meaning to catch up on and will have a listen today.

Blur, death grips, tyler

New Brand New album coming out too! New track is fucking awesome. Great time for music.

I assume you've already played out the new Kendrick? Shit is dope.

Anyone getting Witcher 3 next month? I haven't played either of the first 2 but I am sucker for open world stuff.

New Destiny DLC sounds great too. I'm just excited that we will be able to trade ascendant energy for ascendant shards and vice versa. Plus all legendary and exotics can be upgraded to the top level and you can reroll gear stats. Good stuff!1

I've got a steamkey for TW3 but I'll probably grab a PS4 copy if they are going for around $60 at launch. Otherwise I'll wait it out until my next GPU upgrade.

So much shit in Destiny irritates me I have no interest in booting it up. All that stuff should have been in at launch. No way in hell I'm buying their DLC.

Sucks because the core gunplay loop is so damn satisfying.

Do their games even work?

PS4 ports are okay apparently. I still expect plenty of game breaking bugs though. Fucking Telltale.
No idea how I got through TWD1 on Vita with no major issues. Even thought the performance was fine.

Danoss

I know there are some wrestling fans among us, and I watched something today that tipped me so far over the edge I just had to post about it.

Up until recently, I hadn't watched wrestling since around '00–'01 after a friend from high school got me into it. What rekindled my interest was the announcement of a wrestling RPG on kickstarter by a designer I quite like and which uses a system I am quite fond of. The RPG I'm referring to is, quite simply, World Wide Wrestling. So popular and for good reason, it soon sold out of what remained of the first print run not long after kickstarter backers.

WWE wasn't really doing it for me and I knew next to nothing on what other promotions were out there. It wasn't long before I heard about Lucha Undergound. Soon after I started watching it, I fell in love with the show. It's only an hour each week with no filler. There are scripted vignettes, but these aren't your typical wrestler promos, these are like short scenes shot in a very cinematic style—which isn't at all surprising with Robert Rodriguez being behind it. They're very cool and really help to propel storylines forward or reinforce what is already in play.

The wrestling itself is incredible. Routinely throughout the season, I've seen matches that I swear are the best I've ever seen, only to be outdone by another match an episode or two later.

Today's episode was just something else. It was the trios championship final and was truly amazing. At one point I literally (not figuratively) jumped out of my seat and yelled "HOLY SHIT!" My gran in the next room called out "what's going on?" which was pretty funny. Even when I was into wrestling all those years back, I never experienced anything like this. Whenever I see Lucha Underground come up in my calendar to remind me it's on, I get mad excited. Each week this feeling only becomes stronger and today's episode was just too much. I had to share my excitement here.

Lucha Underground isn't readily available to watch, but as Australians, we're kinda used to that. If you want a quick peek, El Rey (Robert Rodriguez's network) has some matches and vignettes available to view on their YouTube channel. Here's the Fight of the Week playlist if you want to take a look. Standouts include the final four of Aztec Warfare and also Grave Consequences.

It wasn't long before I heard about Lucha Undergound. Soon after I started watching it, I fell in love with the show.

Yup, LU is amazing. All killer, no filler. Sucks we have to watch it on Dailymotion but once El Rey put out a blu ray set I'll be there day one. Super slick production with A+ lucha wrestling.
Triple H is kicking himself WWE never grabbed Ricochet when they had the chance. Dude could be the biggest wrestler in the world without a doubt. Best thing about LU is how well they use everyone, even castaways like Mundo & Big Rick are putting on the best work of their careers.

Also glorious Konnan.
YPvFtm7.gif

You watch NXT? That's the best WWE product by a mile, even if Raw has its moments (mainly Rollins/Lesnar/Rusev). My sub is up this week, I'd only keep it for NXT.

MoonGred

Wrestle Wrestle Wrestle

For some reason the thumbnail made it look like a videogame, the matches itself look pretty sweet though.

Have you watched any NXT lately? I'd say it's better than RAW but I don't want to pay 60$ a month just to watch it on Foxtel, so I can't really say.

Edit: Beaten by Reptile

hamchan

In addition to all the above I'll throw in my love for New Japan Pro Wrestling. It's probably the best in the world right now in terms of match quality. It's mostly in Japanese but there's a recent series that picks the matches and adds English commentary and subs, with a season 2 coming. Find it at the usual places you can watchwrestling.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ahhhh ok.

Same here.

I'm considering testing the waters with nabtrade or even the trading system that my bank in Scotland promotes, but I don't like fucking around with money unless I'm 100% sure that I know what I'm doing.

MoonGred

In addition to all the above I'll throw in my love for New Japan Pro Wrestling. It's probably the best in the world right now in terms of match quality. It's mostly in Japanese but there's a recent series that picks the matches and adds English commentary and subs, with a season 2 coming. Find it at the usual places you can watchwrestling.

What are those places? I'm so new to wrestling and am clueless. Pm me if you'd prefer not to post it here.

Dailymotion.

Have you watched any NXT lately? I'd say it's better than RAW but I don't want to pay 60$ a month just to watch it on Foxtel, so I can't really say.
Dude. Fuck Foxtel. Go direct to the source for $9.99 per month. They also have a ton of free months so you can just wait until their next one (I this month is one tbh) and just eat up all the VOD content. NXT PPV's are every 3 months.

Oh yeah totally forgot to pimp NJPW. It also has a nine ninty nine! per month VOD service. They do damn good work over there, awesome roster. Wish I had time to watch it more often.

MoonGred

Reptile I'm already signed up with them, I just find the month delay of raw annoying.
Are there any other must watch documentaries on there that are worth a watch.
Didn't know about Japan having a 9.99 as well!

Reptile I'm already signed up with them, I just find the month delay of raw annoying.
Are there any other must watch documentaries on there that are worth a watch.
Didn't know about Japan having a 9.99 as well!

Heh, the month delay gives plenty of time to decide what parts are worth watching! I should probably watch the Hulu cut down version of Raw to keep up to date.

Pretty much all the docos are great. Watch the Heyman one if you haven't already. The MNW ones are great even if they are full of retconned as fuck.

Danoss

Yup, LU is amazing. All killer, no filler. Sucks we have to watch it on Dailymotion but once El Rey put out a blu ray set I'll be there day one. Super slick production with A+ lucha wrestling.
Triple H is kicking himself WWE never grabbed Ricochet when they had the chance. Dude could be the biggest wrestler in the world without a doubt. Best thing about LU is how well they use everyone, even castaways like Mundo & Big Rick are putting on the best work of their careers.

Also glorious Konnan.
YPvFtm7.gif

You watch NXT? That's the best WWE product by a mile, even if Raw has its moments (mainly Rollins/Lesnar/Rusev). My sub is up this week, I'd only keep it for NXT.

I saw Prince Puma and thought he was simply amazing. Then I read that he's Ricochet, which many people rate as the best around.

Son of Havoc is Matt Cross, as you probably know. I think WWE also passed on him. Since I first saw him, I thought he was rad and I'm clearly not the only one. Seems he's been doing the indie circuit for a while and is finally getting attention he deserves.

Some of the LU stars can be seen on the Lucha Libre AAA channel on YouTube. I haven't looked to see if they've put up the match involving AEP, Cage, and I've forgotten who the other one is. I read that it was excellent.

I haven't been watching NXT, but you're not the first to recommend I get my arse into gear and do so. I will do that at some point.

I've heard of NJPW, but haven't done any investigating. I'll definitely have to do that soon, it sounds excellent. Your sneaky wording reminded me exactly where to go to rectify that immediately.

I don't watch much wrasslin' but NXT is cool because at only an hour long it suits my appetite for the stuff and also it treats its women's division just like wrestlers and not... whatever the hell it is WWE proper does with the Divas.

I don't watch much wrasslin' but NXT is cool because at only an hour long it suits my appetite for the stuff and also it treats its women's division just like wrestlers and not... whatever the hell it is WWE proper does with the Divas.

Yeah the womens division in NXT is so damn good. Charlotte, Sasha, Alexa & Becky are all fantastic in and out of the ring. Treated properly too unlike on the main roster.

I highly enjoyed Avengers Age of Ultron. will probably see it again in cinemas.

Yep, I really liked it. I think I enjoyed it more than I liked the first Avengers when I saw that for the first time. Hawkguy finally gets his chance to shine and even though I'm not a huge Renner fan, he was great.

Yep, I really liked it. I think I enjoyed it more than I liked the first Avengers when I saw that for the first time. Hawkguy finally gets his chance to shine and even though I'm not a huge Renner fan, he was great.

fuck joss whedon for making me care about Hawkeye.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, WHEDON! DON'T DO IT! I SWEAR TO GOD! YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT WITH TARA, DOYLE, BOOK AND WASH BUT DON'T EVEN THINK IT!

hamchan

What are those places? I'm so new to wrestling and am clueless. Pm me if you'd prefer not to post it here.

Google watchwrestling and pick the 2nd one.

And yeah Avengers 2 was good. Not great like Cap 2 or GotG but still good. Whedon at least made Cap seem strong so that's good.

fuck joss whedon for making me care about Hawkeye.
DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE, WHEDON! DON'T DO IT! I SWEAR TO GOD! YOU GOT AWAY WITH IT WITH TARA, DOYLE, BOOK AND WASH BUT DON'T EVEN THINK IT!

Bloody Whedon.
As soon as they introduced his family you had that unsettling feeling that he was gone. Glad it was the old bait and switch. I'll never forgive him for Doyle, he can have Tara though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom