• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Robert Rodriguez doing wrestling stuff? Sign me the fuck up.

Better than Spy Kids.

How do I get to it? I want to download it all and watch it all in one hit.

Jintor

finished main story in gtav. guess i'll tool around for a while. kinda of disjointed and inconsistent really, at least in terms of storytelling. still don't know how i feel about it other than my memories of vice city are still stronger.

Omikron

finished main story in gtav. guess i'll tool around for a while. kinda of disjointed and inconsistent really, at least in terms of storytelling. still don't know how i feel about it other than my memories of vice city are still stronger.
That's because vice city is the best gta game.

2015-04-2322_13_17-dehvume.png

Robert Rodriguez doing wrestling stuff? Sign me the fuck up.

Better than Spy Kids.

How do I get to it? I want to download it all and watch it all in one hit.

You can't. El Rey is his TV network, it's not up on VOD anywhere. No DVD/Blu Ray yet.

Dailymotion has episodes up in varying quality. Some stuff is up on Youtube too. Some of the other haunts has some episodes too in good quality.

Really sucks they don't have a VOD solution in place as I'd gladly jump on board :(

Shaneus

Kickstarter from the Wipeout guys. Haven't backed, not sure if I like the aesthetic. Also I probably don't need anymore hover car racing after the PS3 version was basically perfect. I know a few of you guys might dig it though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...xt-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game?ref=discovery
I was going to back it before it hit KS, but I kept forgetting about it :/ I might go in at the KS, but if you're right and the lowest tier is $40, I might give it a miss for now.

You can't. El Rey is his TV network, it's not up on VOD anywhere. No DVD/Blu Ray yet.

Dailymotion has episodes up in varying quality. Some stuff is up on Youtube too. Some of the other haunts has some episodes too in good quality.

Really sucks they don't have a VOD solution in place as I'd gladly jump on board :(
Fuck :/

Stackboy

$40 for the cheapest tier which includes the game hmmm, might wait and see with this one.

Yeah I was going to bite but the minimum buy in for the game is a little too much.

The Gameloading indie docco came out the other day, I kickstarted it ages ago. Good doc, worth checking out.

Kung Fury, a movie I also kickstarted, is going to be shown at Cannes, which is super weird.

I was into wrestling maybe 6 years ago but all the WWE storylines burnt me out and I was really tired of John Cena. I don't think I could get that invested again.

Back in the day I would have a living room full of people excited for a PPV when a week before they dismissed wrestling and as being lame and for kids.

The Gameloading indie docco came out the other day, I kickstarted it ages ago. Good doc, worth checking out.

I was pretty disappointed in it to be honest. Felt like the kind of stuff I'd already seen a million times through Twitter/games PR stuff. Was hoping they would delve more into the behind the scenes stuff than they did. Felt like a wider, fluffy version of Indie Game The Movie. I think I'm probably just hungry for some indepth stuff and should dig into the GDC archives instead.

Stackboy

I was pretty disappointed in it to be honest. Felt like the kind of stuff I'd already seen a million times through Twitter/games PR stuff. Was hoping they would delve more into the behind the scenes stuff than they did. Felt like a wider, fluffy version of Indie Game The Movie. I think I'm probably just hungry for some indepth stuff and should dig into the GDC archives instead.

I actually quite liked that they focussed on more indie devs. I knew alot about these developers beforehand, but still found it interesting.

Danoss

Funny thing is that if you're an El Rey subscriber (US residents only, of course), you can stream it online. I think this varies per provider, but it's something I wish was used to extend their reach outside the US. I understand they want LU to be part of what pushes the El Rey network into more homes, but it'd be nice if official online streaming was open to non-US viewers, much like what the NRL does except I'm not opposed to paying.

Season one ends after 39 episodes I believe. If there's a Blu-Ray option, I'll be all over it too. I hope something official becomes available in the interim, but I'm not expecting anything.

Darren870

Thats a buet!!

But yea, it is pretty expensive here. My missus does property management and some of the prices people pay are out of control! 1200 a week... F THAT

jambo

I'm assuming that's a place he's looking at on a real estate website.

Having said that, that is a horribly placed sink.

Danoss

Having said that, that is a horribly placed sink.

The same can be said for those drawers. They've effectively nullified the use of a cabinet door. If that stove top wasn't what appears to be convection, the cutlery in the top drawer (isn't that where they always are?) would get just a little warm.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If that stove top wasn't what appears to be convection, the cutlery in the top drawer (isn't that where they always are?) would get just a little warm.

The cooker is in a worse position than the sink. You're limited to smaller pots and pans, and are limited in moving it around. That and you've got a faceful of fridge when you want to cook something.

And unless it's induction, it's worthless.

jambo

Avengers time!

There was an ANZAC ad with all these guys whistling, but they were stopping one by one. Then when the last one stopped a giant VB logo appeared.

-_-

This has me hopeful:
s4NJAls.png

If they have FDTD on Netflix, maybe they'll get Lucha Underground on there too.

If LU gets on Netflix it will explode in popularity. It would be a fucking great idea to put them all up at the end of a season and tempt people into buying El Rey is they live in the US.

hamchan

Avengers time!

There was an ANZAC ad with all these guys whistling, but they were stopping one by one. Then when the last one stopped a giant VB logo appeared.

-_-

Got the same ad. First reaction, oh this is a sad and appropriately somber mark of respect. Reaction after VB logo, oh they're just pandering and taking advantage of the event because they want to sell beer.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I tried some Aussie beer a few weeks ago.

Obviously I've had Fosters in the past, and last year I tried some of that Castlemaine summer stuff as it was sold in Taiwan for the World Cup. But VB was new to me. Fairly good, but it made me miss Taiwan and Taiwan Gold Medal Beer. Especially since a 660ml bottle of that only costs AU$2.30 - and can be bought from any convenience store at any time 24/7.

Yagharek

I tried some Aussie beer a few weeks ago.

Obviously I've had Fosters in the past, and last year I tried some of that Castlemaine summer stuff as it was sold in Taiwan for the World Cup. But VB was new to me. Fairly good, but it made me miss Taiwan and Taiwan Gold Medal Beer. Especially since a 660ml bottle of that only costs AU$2.30 - and can be bought from any convenience store at any time 24/7.

Little Creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom