• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Anyone want me to look for anything else? Not much left to be honest but now I have time to kill.

Some guys are just buying anything. Don't think they realize some of these 360 or ds games have no resell value.

There is some 3ds stuff though.
If there are any more 2ds's, please grab one for me! :D

Fredescu

Any other deals there? I'd love to pickup a Vita or 2DS for my son.

I hate living in the middle of nowhere :(
Nothing was marked, I just compared the cabinet with the list Poimandres posted and got them to look up the 2ds price. The cabinet was pretty bare, I think the only other thing was a PS3 Slim. There were a bunch of games in drop zone boxes, but it was all rubbish.

Resilient

Anyone want me to look for anything else? Not much left to be honest but now I have time to kill.

Some guys are just buying anything. Don't think they realize some of these 360 or ds games have no resell value.

There is some 3ds stuff though.

Any 3ds games left?

Shaneus

I don't think there'll be any anything now, everyone would've swarmed right after work. I got to QV at maybe 4:45, grabbed Ryse and went to ask about consoles. About 10 mins later and the box with the games was ravaged. Super bummed I couldn't get a console, but games haul not too bad:
PS4: CoD Ghosts x2
One: Murdered Soul Suspect, FM5 and Ryse

Anyone wants Ryse or Murdered, they're theirs.

But yeah, reiterating: If anyone finds a One, I'd dearly love it. But I reckon all the OzB-ers have taken them to flog on eBay by now :(

Darren870

The s yarra store doesn't have any consoles but the 3ds it seems. Looks like they don't even stock the big consoles regardless of sale or not.

My question is do I haul my arse out of bed early so I can get to my local big w (that has 2DS, and Kinect Bone) for 7:30 opening tomorrow?

KAP151

A lot of stores have already started my Big W was pretty much picked clean, unless you wanted last gen stuff. About 35,000 copies of gears 3.

I grabbed the last Nintendoland and Epic Mickey 2 on WiiU. Both look pretty mintish. If anyone wants to trade hit me up.

Looking for XB1 games.

KAP151

I don't think there'll be any anything now, everyone would've swarmed right after work. I got to QV at maybe 4:45, grabbed Ryse and went to ask about consoles. About 10 mins later and the box with the games was ravaged. Super bummed I couldn't get a console, but games haul not too bad:
PS4: CoD Ghosts x2
One: Murdered Soul Suspect, FM5 and Ryse

Anyone wants Ryse or Murdered, they're theirs.

But yeah, reiterating: If anyone finds a One, I'd dearly love it. But I reckon all the OzB-ers have taken them to flog on eBay by now :(

Ill take Ryse of your hands mate.

Caramello

I grabbed Dead Rising 3 and Ryse and I don't own an XB1, also grabbed Fallout New Vegas on PS3, Trials Fusion, NBA2k14 and CoD Ghosts on PS4. This was at Watergardens. Guy said they were told 1 hour ago about the sale by a rep and we're in the process of generating tickets to put up. No consoles of any sort left. I also called Melton and they have sold out of the consoles that are included in this sale.

Fucking metro tas. The buses are so late right now that the bus before the one I wanted to catch got here 20 minutes after the one I wanted to catch was scheduled to arrive.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Big W Newcastle Report: A table was out, was just Skylanders. May go back in morning but I have repressed memories of how terrible the Dick Smith sale was.

Shaneus

Wait, Kinect Bone was cheap as well? I should've asked them to check the prices for everything, not just the three bundles mentioned on OzB.

Fuck it, I've decided. I'm heading in for 7:30 opening tomorrow. Will grab some breakfast afterwards with a smile on my face, or a scowl depending on how it goes!

Apparently the list of stuff on sale is far more extensive than what's listed on Ozbargain at the moment. I really want to know what else is up for grabs!

Big W employees grabbed a heap of games too I've been told, understandable rare perk of the job considering the bullshit they put up with in a low wage job.

Planning on showing up at my local Big W tomorrow morning when the doors open with my two year old. If I can't get a $200 Xbone, I'll spring for a $50 PS3... or Vita as a consolation prize.

Oh God, I'm going to have to fight psychotic mums with trolleys. Wish me luck.

Big W Orion, VKS?

If you could report back on how grim the situation is it would be appreciated. It probably wont be worth trying after work tomorrow but you never know.

Rezbit

Sounds like most Big W's have been picked clean like vultures to a carcass.

But seriously if anyone finds a PS4 or Xbox One hit me up, I'll give you a finders fee too.

Cerity

pretty much, wouldn't a mind a vita or a ps4 at that price but around my area I know there's going to be 100+ people waiting at my nearest big w for them to open tomorrow morning.

I would take a ps4 for $200.

Not even going to bother searching though, they are guaranteed to have been taken.

Hey, come on now, a lot of stores haven't started their sales yet so if you can swing past a store in the morning I definitely would.

Or check Ozbargain to see what people are saying about your local store!

Probably held up by everyone trying to fit on to get to Big W

Well not only was Big W not open when I got off the bus after reading this message, but then as a result of fiddling with my umbrella after getting back ON the next bus, I forgot to put my wallet in my pocket and now I lost it on the bus.

Also the dickwad at metro decided to tell me to chase the bus in a car instead of taking my name and number for lost property. And now I can't even get through to the answering machine at Metro.

Wow

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hey, come on now, a lot of stores haven't started their sales yet so if you can swing past a store in the morning I definitely would.

Or check Ozbargain to see what people are saying about your local store!

There's 0 point though. Staff always steal the shit, so you're left with nothing. Unless you live in the middle of no where of course.

For people who are braving Big W tomorrow, I'd be much obliged if anyone comes across PS4 titles:

- Rayman Legends
- Battlefield 4

And for the love of god if you see any of the following Wii U titles pick them up!

- New Luigi U
- Need For Speed Most Wanted
- Monster Hunter 3
- Pikmin 3
- Wonderful 101
- Zelda Wind Waker

If anyone has any requests let me know, and I'll try my local store. We can join forces to beat the Ozbargain rabble.

Maximo

*Head Explodes* Wait so there are $100 WiiUs and $200 PS4s? Oh my sweet baby jesus, Wanted a PS4 but I also want a WiiU for Game Nights with mates. Oh my lord would it be too late in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom