• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
aside from the screen being off centre when in use, its very good. Very light

Interestingly if you follow nintendos instructions when putting it together, your 3DS is permanently in this case meaning you cant pocket it

does not make sense to do that imo

Monster Hunter players won't care. Also you put a 3DS in your pocket? What kind of pants do you wear?

What do you think of Wade vs Paine? Paine seems to be the heir apparent, but Wade is certainly deserving of the spot on his own merit. That said, Paine seems to be the better choice.
Wade is 23 versus Paine at 27. We need to stop bringing in players in their late 20's and expecting them to play a thousand hours of cricket a day without injury. The medical team don't seem to be able to juggle the expectations of the managers who want them to eat and breath Australian cricket so anyone with a few injuries are just going to turn out like Harris.

Mainly Wade has been in top form lately as well as the fact that he is a Bushranger boy :)

I'm not arguing for immediate changes but yeah, there needs to be serious consideration whether they go all out for rebuilding now or just gradually bleed in a few new players whilst carrying one or two old heads (Hussey and Ponting)?
They did that last time which is where the Hughes injection comes into it. If they are gong to rebuild proper they need to cut Hussey, Haddin, Hughes and Ponting all at once even though we won't be fielding the best side possible. Bleeding players in mixes the dynamic up and leads to the older players either coming great or losing touch. The Langer/Hayden/Ponting combo worked so well for so long because of how perfectly their styles lined up together. At the moment we don't know how a Warner/Watson combo will lead into Khawaja/Clarke.

I don't envy being Clarke at the moment. A lot of hard decisions to make.

no one wants to comment on the huge slidepad?

its so big:|
We already knew it was Frankenstein, all we care about no is the revision!

You think? He's looked good but I'm afraid Sachin and Sehwag will belt Pattinson around the park. India just has a different class of batsmen than NZ.
Depends on how they adapt to the conditions over here as always. If we were going to India right now we wouldn't even post a total of 200 for the game. Playing the Indians at the WACA and the GABBA is an entirely different prospect and I would expect Pattinson/Siddle to do nicely, Harris would indeed be even more promising.

Whatever happened to Hilf? Haven't thought of him since his injury a year ago.

Cummins? instead of Harris/Bollinger? (Cummins is fit isn't he?)
Cummins is out until March or so. Fractured his heel I think? Too big a workload too soon for the poor guy.

The problem is three of the four matches are on the three most 'India like' pitches in Australia - Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
Well shit. At least I can go to a match finally! Hopefully we can get some MCC guest tickets.

Monster Hunter players won't care. Also you put a 3DS in your pocket? What kind of pants do you wear?
xs765.jpg
Drake style. Every Sony employee is issued with them.

midonnay

At the end there with only 10 runs to go he should have only been running for 2 or more. Idiotic to hit the first ball of an over for a single when we were so close.

its become politically correct to treat tailenders as equals me thinks...

really warner should have been hitting sixes, fours or twos and only running for singles if its near the end of the over .....else stay put :/

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF Dungeons And Dragons - PART 2
Tuesday, 13 December @ 7PM until 10PM (possibly until 11PM)

Robot Rollcall:
Dungeon Master: Aon
Party:
Kritz - Kritikos "Natural Miss" Kritikal - Dwarven Cleric
Clipper - Doctor Clipper - Human Paladin
BananaArnie - Milky Chocolatepants - Tiefling Wizard
Rahk - Rahk Al Ghul - Elven Rogue
Don - Terious Surdok - Minotaur Fighter
Jintor - Something - Half Elf Half Human Half Werewolf Ranger (or something)

--

I don't know who is showing up for the second night. I think Jintor is out in the world, unsure about rahk and don (haven't heard either way).

So far I'm pretty sure Aon, Clipper, Banana and myself are in. Orbi might also be playing. Would be awesome to get any new adventurers in if you can make the commitment. Note that you should really only try to join in if you're available a lot and don't mind making room for an evening full of dumb voice chat and pseudo-random dicerolls.

I imagine that we're just going to have a bit of suspension of disbelief as to why new party members are suddenly popping into the world / why people who have something better to do have suddenly vanished. We can probably roll some temp characters if people want to play for a single session just to see what it's like.

Let me / aon know if you want in tomorrow night. Join steam chat and ask us or something. We use mumble for voice chat, and RPtools for token / maps / dnd stuff. A microphone is also pretty important, though not absolutely an essential.

I'll post again tomorrow night before we get started. Last time we started maybe two hours earlier for "set-up" time, though you don't need to show up until around 7PM. Even if you're a bit late and we're already started, we can just throw your character in so that's not much of a problem.

yzbLp.jpg

PS. Why is no-one commenting on Platinum doing the new MGS game? Or did I miss the AusGAF boat completely on that one?

Been really getting into the League. Hilarious. The latest season is heavy on Ruxin and Taco and light on Pete. I for one am totally cool with that. Also there has been a surprising amount of Rafi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqEa-mR3Ah0

I was disappointed about the lack of Platinum MGS induced mind explosions as well. I logged onto gaming especially to see people creaming their pants.

oh wat....this fucking sucks....

wait a min... Platinum games....... GOTY

Haha pretty much my feelings exactly. Well not to the GOTY extent, but I'm willing to look past the fact it currently looks like it's just Ninja Gaiden with cyborgs almost entirely because it's made by Platinum

Clipper

Cool. So,

You, Banana, Clipper, Orbi? and I. Possibly Don. Sounds decent.

Yeah. We discussed this elsewhere, but here's all our sheets done in the new style too for anyone else playing at home, including Orbi's Gnomish Bard - Tyvus Orbison.

https://docs.google.com/#folders/0B_sKVjVntYq9Y2JlOGUyY2UtYWU3Ny00MTllLTg0YWMtYzE3N2RmMTM1Mjky

And given the link's not going to change anyway, here's a tinyurl version:

http://tinyurl.com/6p9ckx8

Oh, and I say everyone, but Jintor apparently wanted to start his character over from scratch, so we don't have him. But everyone for Tuesday is there.

Yagharek

Every time I enter a new area in Zelda it just amazes me how much more there is to this world. The game is both massive and densely populated with things to do.

I also just figured out a new way to navigate about levels. This is going to make finding all the other hidden stuff an interesting test of memory.

I also think it's kind of sad to see these certain characters lying around in one area.

In the
desert
- (area)
When you activate
time crystals
- (general area switch mechanism)
And see
The cute robots
- (characters)
In the
present day as broken down relics ;_;
- (situation)

It's the same kind of melancholy that Halo captured with its ancient world atmosphere.

Omikron

Food poisoning is awful. Basically haven't been able to move off the couch all day until now and only managed to keep down a grand total of 2 x plain slices of toast all day.

Still not used to multiquote

Every time I enter a new area in Zelda it just amazes me how much more there is to this world. The game is both massive and densely populated with things to do.

I also just figured out a new way to navigate about levels. This is going to make finding all the other hidden stuff an interesting test of memory.

I also think it's kind of sad to see these certain characters lying around in one area.

In the
desert
- (area)
When you activate
time crystals
- (general area switch mechanism)
And see
The cute robots
- (characters)
In the
present day as broken down relics ;_;
- (situation)

It's the same kind of melancholy that Halo captured with its ancient world atmosphere.
I feel the same way about Assassins Creed Bro at the moment. Been playing it in the background all day while doing stuff around the house and it has finally hit it's straps and damn, there is a LOT of cool stuff to do!

Food poisoning is awful. Basically haven't been able to move off the couch all day until now and only managed to keep down a grand total of 2 x plain slices of toast all day.
Get your wife to grab a bottle of lemonade. Open it straight away and then put it in the fridge. Tomorrow the bubbles will have dissipated enough for it to be easy on the stomach as well as taste pleasant. Although with a kid you probably already had gastro or some other virus related bug so you probably have your ways already. Also KFC potato and gravy, cold.

Deeku

Flat lemonade is good! I also drank gastrolyte when I had gastro, which makes sense I reckon!

Congee (asian rice porridge) is also good.

Why not just get Deb and Gravox?

Plain toast and somewhat flat lemonade is best.

Congee is disgusting. Salad with beef and chilies wins friends.

Top Bottom