• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Yagharek

Yet more Zelda love. Get another handy item upgraded and it makes me realise all sorts of new areas can be explored now. I know this is de rigueur for Zelda/Metroid games, but it's really impressing me in Skyward Sword.

The competition is tight but its right up there with the Mario Galaxy and Portal games as my favourite this generation.

Deeku

I just hope the game ends with some amazing dungeon or something. Going through the current set of "getting different pieces of a thing" quest has been pretty tedious. I'm interested to know what you think about it when you get to them Vince!

Yagharek

Well Ive never actually finished a LoZ game, so we will see. I love this particular world though so I have no qualms about revisiting the main areas a few times more.

Gazunta

Wasn't a good day to be working in an office full of kiwis that's for sure.

when the hell is the YouTube app for 360 coming?

Been family free since lunchtime on Sunday. Missing the annoying poopyheads. I need some creature to pretend to want to show me something so they can sneakily grab my phone from next to me.

Wasn't a good day to be working in an office full of kiwis that's for sure.

when the hell is the YouTube app for 360 coming?

Isn't it with the new Dashboard? I am sure I remember Wario tweeting about it.

Salazar

The irony of the "Anarchy/Libertarianism OT" not going as the OP planned, and him squealing at everybody to fall in line is just too good.

aDDiKt24

Banned
The YouTube app for the Xbox 360 will be available in 24 countries globally. Its available to all the users that got into the beta Microsoft was running for the new dash. Expect it to drop late December or early January. From all accounts the app is amazing.

guidop

The irony of the "Anarchy/Libertarianism OT" not going as the OP planned, and him squealing at everybody to fall in line is just too good.

Honestly all threads that deal with any type of subject that can be vague, requires good knowledge of a range of topics and to be well read in those areas always go to shit. They all just end up with people making bold statements with no evidence whats so ever just because they think its the truth.

Make a thread about the enlightenment and see what happens.

P9Q0O.gif

HOLY BALLS
LOOK AT THE CAT
ITS FLIPPING THE FUCK OUT

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like Back to Karkland is out tonight at around 8pm on PC and 360.

Shame DnD is on, Hopefully we can get some people to group up on the weekend and see how the new maps are.

Jintor

Sitting at Vancouver airport roughly six hours early for my flight. I wasn't going to drag my goddamn luggage around Vancouver all day.

Now I just need to find a power point...

Note: I've been re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide while I'm out here and it's pretty much impossible not to think of the Guide as either an iPad or a Kindle.

Oh yeah, I'm going to miss the DnD game tonight. I think I'll be somewhere over the Pacific at that point in time.

Clipper

TasGAF, don't forget to list your interest in the meetup. We only have Kritz and myself as serious entries right now, although if the third entry is real, would somebody please own up to it (you must know who you are), or it will be removed?

Sitting at Vancouver airport roughly six hours early for my flight. I wasn't going to drag my goddamn luggage around Vancouver all day.

Note: I've been re-reading Hitchhiker's Guide while I'm out here and it's pretty much impossible not to think of the Guide as either an iPad or a Kindle.

Oh yeah, I'm going to miss the DnD game tonight. I think I'll be somewhere over the Pacific at that point in time.

No probs, mate. Orbi will be playing tonight instead as a Gnomish Bard. The party is bound to have some rotation in and out each week, so that's cool. Have a good flight!

Edit: And if you found a power source and are reading this, come into Steam or IRC chat. We'll keep you company while you wait ;).

Wait TasGAF are meeting up? MelbGAF! Assemble! Don't let them win! I'm in town just after 3pm on Friday. Tempted to go see Mission Impossible 4Dark Knight Rises prologue at Melb Museum IMAX. Also there will be sexy ladies and classy beverages I am sure.

Yet another Bundle! This time for like $5 you can get Dino D-Day, Eets, The Oil Blue (which is by GAFfer Chubigans) and the new remastered editions of the 3 Blackwell Trilogy games! Worth it just to get the Blackwell games on Steam!

Jintor

No probs, mate. Orbi will be playing tonight instead as a Gnomish Bard. The party is bound to have some rotation in and out each week, so that's cool. Have a good flight!

Edit: And if you found a power source and are reading this, come into Steam or IRC chat. We'll keep you company while you wait ;).

I thought Shanshan was showing up this week?

Gazunta

Hmm. Got given a WD Elements 1TB "portable" HDD (the ones with the power supply) and Windows doesn't seem to know what to do with it :/ haaaaaalp

I've been thinking about this recently and you know, I really, really like comics.

Not many people know this but OMG ME TOO. Which ones do you like?

Jintor

I'm really into superhero comics right now, specifically DC-style comics, and perhaps even more specifically the Batfamily comics. If I had the money I would buy so many goddamn Batman comics. Or more specifically Batman Adventures/New Batman Adventures (the Animated Series comics basically), or anything by Dini or Timm, or anything Batgirl related (any of the Batgirls, they're all really great). There's so many comics I still need to even look at - I need to complete Powers, need to start looking into Top 10, still have to pick up the Avatar The Last Airbender comics, the rest of Astro City... I at least finished my Blue Beetle collection, so that's done. Oh, still got to get Animal Man, the rest of Superman: Secret Identity (or find a trade paperback)...

I've pretty much wholeheartedly embraced the ebook medium for actual books since it simplifies everything so much but it's near-impossible to do the same for comics for some reason, even though you'd think that webcomics and tumblr and livejournal and shit would have prepared me for that. I dunno. I need that stuff physically and it's really stupidly expensive.

Kritz

Banned
I actually had a discussion with a friend about comics recently, as I wanted to see if there was anything in the medium besides Scott Pilgrim that I'd enjoy. I told him that I really don't care for superheroes, and he leant me two books for me to read over the next month.

The Surrogates - You know that Automata comic strip that Penny Arcade has done? They basically remade this. Futuristic Neo-noire robot detectives with a sketchy art style and some very self-aware "it's the future y'all" dialogue. It's super fucking good. It's a bit hard to tell what's going on due to the art style, but the action scenes and important moments are usually clear enough. I'm like, halfway through it after about two hours reading? I really think this might be the comic to get me into comics.

He also gave me The Watchmen because um, he figured I'd enjoy a deconstruction of comic book superheros. I haven't started it yet. I've seen the movie but I've been told the book is different enough and also pretty good.

So, I guess I have another expensive hobby now.

Omikron

The watchmen is pretty great. Read that and a lot of the walking dead recently. Thinking the preacher could be my next comic adventure.

Jintor

Superhero comics are like my comfort food. Everything else is relatively 'intellectual'. Speaking of which, I need to grab Transmetropolitan and my own goddamn copy of Y The Last Man.

Gazunta

Just wanted to add if you like super hero comics but you're after something a bit different, I can't recommend Echo by Terry Moore highly enough. Great action, clever dialogue, and GORGEOUS art. There's a movie in the works, but get in on the book now before it becomes the next big thing.

Kritz

Banned
Name a comic. Unless it's scott pilgrim, or um, there was a World War Z short comic at some point, I haven't read it.

Edit: Oh right, I also own one of them crazy hardback halo comics.

Choc

Banned

Reminds me of England. Got to Heathrow 3hrs early. The hire car company said i should leave 4 hrs ahead of schedule in case of major traffic on the M25

then we got the best run the driver had in decades he said.

Oh well, at least the lounge was available. What airline you with Jintor, Air Canada?

Choc

Banned
by the way the circle pad pro is really quite good, especially for those with giant hands

i used it last night on games that dont use CCP and it feels really good in the hand

Monster Hunted 3D is also extremely good from a first impression

Shaneus

Wait TasGAF are meeting up? MelbGAF! Assemble! Don't let them win! I'm in town just after 3pm on Friday. Tempted to go see Mission Impossible 4Dark Knight Rises prologue at Melb Museum IMAX. Also there will be sexy ladies and classy beverages I am sure.
I'm-a gonna try and get off work early so we can sink some piss. Movie would probably take away from the piss-sinking, so that's where I stand on THAT.

Jintor

Oh well, at least the lounge was available. What airline you with Jintor, Air Canada?

Alaska Air to LA, then Qantas (ew) all the way home.

I have here in my hand a copy of EG(Bi)Monthly. It's not half bad. Spends a lot of its time on news I already know though. Good assortment of interviews. It looks like they actually fucking get letters, which is a big change from Hyper and PCPP, let me tell you.

I hope I don't have to go through US security again when I switch flights. I got through unscathed but the person behind me and the person in front of me got randomly hauled off for no reason I can fathom.

Clipper

I hope I don't have to go through US security again when I switch flights. I got through unscathed but the person behind me and the person in front of me got randomly hauled off for no reason I can fathom.
Provided you told Alaska about your connecting flight and they are transferring your luggage between the flights for you (as they are partnered with Qantas, they should be able to), then you shouldn't need to go through security again.

Choc

Banned
gonna take a wild guess activision cheaped and you are on qantas economy

eww ;(

747 though :)

clipper i think he will need to go through US customs. Depends on which Terminal at LAX he lands and Qantas is.

Clipper

eww ;(

clipper i think he will need to go through US customs. Depends on which Terminal at LAX he lands and Qantas is.
They don't transfer between terminals for you? That'd be a shame, but yeah, I had temporally forgotten how horrible an airport LAX is... probably because I try to block all previous experiences I've had there from my mind.

Jintor

Provided you told Alaska about your connecting flight and they are transferring your luggage between the flights for you (as they are partnered with Qantas, they should be able to), then you shouldn't need to go through security again.

eww ;(

I'm on Premium Economy (I got upgraded to business randomly on the way over...); they said not to pick up my luggage at LAX and that it'd be transferred automatically. Might have to change terminals though, I had to on the way up.

Going through US customs at 8am with no sleep and a pounding pressure headache was one of the worst experiences of my life. Fucking LAX doesn't even have free public wifi either.

Clipper

I'm on Premium Economy (I got upgraded to business randomly on the way over...); they said not to pick up my luggage at LAX and that it'd be transferred automatically. Might have to change terminals though, I had to on the way up.

Going through US customs at 8am with no sleep and a pounding pressure headache was one of the worst experiences of my life. Fucking LAX doesn't even have free public wifi either.

From what I can gather online, you will need to change terminals between Alaska and Qantas, which may mean going through the baggage checks again, unless your terminals are neighbouring, where you might be able to use one of the tunnels between the terminals.

Top Bottom