• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Ooooooooooooh nice Ham. Thinking of replacing my board soon if I can find a great deal. Let me know how the Brown switches are for gaming.

Wow, Kim Jung Il dead.

His son doesn't look as baller as he did.
If you played Homefront like I did you would understand how scare this all is. THQ WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG. THE SKY IS FALLING.

Danoss

Ah, D&D. Shall I assume you're playing 4E? If so, are you using MapTools and such to track the board, characters and their abilities?

Also, if anyone wants to play something different or something faster paced than D&D, I have a bookshelf full of RPGs with something to suit everyones taste I'm sure. I have RPGs of zombies, post-apocalypse, space opera, hard sci-fi, Cthulhu, horror, horror as kids, pulp action/adventure, modern fantasy and a number of others. Most of these I have PDFs of so they can be shared.

Omikron

I think I just scored myself one of these.

famousthinkerscover.jpg

Amazing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AusGAF Dungeons And Dragons - Night 3
When: Tonight! 5PM is unofficial pre-setup as usual, with the game actually starting at 7PM. We will play until around 11PM (give or take).

Who:
Aon - GM
---
Kritz - Dwarf Cleric
Banana - Tiefling Wizard
Clipper - Human Pali
Rahk - Drow Rouge
Don - Minotaur Fighter
Marshmellow - Longtooth Shifter
Orbi - Gnome Bard
Jintor - Something something

also Jambo and someone else maybe? edit: HolyCheck, I think.

Let us know who's actually attending. We maaay have to miss a few people depending on numbers, as with six people, rounds are already going for a real long time and generally DnD isn't a game designed for parties of more than 4-5 people.

My character has just been reborn for the 147th time, and given that, I am in a secluded area, most likely the top of a mountain far off alone.

I will just sit in and listen, and my Deva Psion will just sit on his mountain and meditate, because that is what we do. I will contemplate my 147th life and what I wish to accomplish in it.

This way I can sit in and listen : P and don't have to take up a valuable spot that could be used by some one keen. I won't be home until around 6:30pm too, so I'll jump on then and see what's what.

p.s. shanshan was keen to play too, but I don't think she has a character?

This way I can sit in and listen : P and don't have to take up a valuable spot that could be used by some one keen. I won't be home until around 6:30pm too, so I'll jump on then and see what's what.
Why not just jump in and figure it out as you go? Obviously having just been reborn, you'll have to get a feel for how the universe works again anyway.

HolyCheck

Why not just jump in and figure it out as you go? Obviously having just been reborn, you'll have to get a feel for how the universe works again anyway.

I keep the basic memories of my past life, and have an understanding of several languages and the history of my people.

My main goal in life is to find a task that will keep me honest and true. I will study the great books to do so!

:p I'd rather just listen and don't want to take the seat of some one who's actually keen to play and knows how to.

+ My augments and ability to move people constantly will mess with Aons head..

Ydahs

Those who are studying: As someone who is also studying full time, am I entitled to any benefits? I don't know if I'm getting any at the moment...

Cohsae

Those who are studying: As someone who is also studying full time, am I entitled to any benefits? I don't know if I'm getting any at the moment...

Depends how much you've earned previously, and also if you're over 25 I think you are eligible now?
This is for Youth Allowance btw.

by the looks of it they stole your 360 and gave you a wii instead. i hope its not one of these new ones with no ports or BC. :S

false alarm, got an email from MS to say they've recieved it.
I can be patient. I won't be getting any 360 games till I've finished Zelda and then probably Skyrim on PC.

Edit: and Trine 2

Salazar

what the fuck. Old story, but damn.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...terror-blamed-on-computer-20111219-1p1to.html

q9PQ1.jpg

A wild ride mid-flight on a Qantas Airbus that left a third of passengers on board injured as they were tossed out of their seats has been traced to a computer programming glitch, air investigators have found.

In the culmination of a three-year probe into the incident, which occurred at 37,000 feet in the dead of night over the Indian Ocean off the coast of Western Australia on October 7, 2008, Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigators found the plane twice dived unexpectedly after one of three airspeed sensors malfunctioned.

The plane, an Airbus A330, carrying 303 passengers and 12 crew twice nosedived after flight computers went haywire, leaving 110 passengers and nine crew members injured as they were flung about the cabin, hitting overhead lockers and fittings.

The air-speed sensor malfunction was one of only three such malfunctions known worldwide in 128 million operating hours, investigators believe, though one of those incidents involved the same sensor unit on the same aircraft, on September 12, 2006. The other known incident occurred on another Qantas Airbus with another of the same type of airspeed sensor, on December 27, 2008.

In a strange coincidence, all three sensor malfunction events occurred on Qantas flights off the coast of Western Australia.

Youse cunts are cursed. Cursed.

HolyCheck

Legend! I cashed in a medicare check! Ill be on steam chat tonight from 6:30, hit me up if there's anything u want, or we can wait for moar sales!

Speaking of sales. What nights are shops open late in melb this week? I need to buy my ausgaf secret santa a present. Which reminds me... If ur present is late ur ss is likely me lol.

PS3 320Gb with Move bundle with Battlefield 3 and Resistance 3 AND a charging station for only $379!!! Pick up only at Dick Smith after ordering online!!! Add to cart to see all the goodies.

Also, if anyone wants to play something different or something faster paced than D&D, I have a bookshelf full of RPGs with something to suit everyones taste I'm sure. I have RPGs of zombies, post-apocalypse, space opera, hard sci-fi, Cthulhu, horror, horror as kids, pulp action/adventure, modern fantasy and a number of others. Most of these I have PDFs of so they can be shared.
Have a copy of Shadowrun in there?

why does the herald sun editor even print this shit
Give the people what they want

Probably! Go in to Centrelink and have a chat. Depends on your parent's assets, maybe you can go independent if you have earnt enough in the last 12 months, etc. At the very least grab a low income health care card.

I dropped my 360S off at the Post Office Last tuesday morning. I've sent it back to MS to get repaired using the Australia Post option. After one week, this is my status according to the online status checker

Screenshot2011-12-19at103831AM.png

I'm hoping the apparent lack of movement is down to Australia Post not necessarily scanning mail the way couriers do.

M$ take a while to acknowledge on their system, atleast that's what happened to me last time.

Kritz

Banned
Ah, D&D. Shall I assume you're playing 4E? If so, are you using MapTools and such to track the board, characters and their abilities?

4E, MapTools and Google Docs.

God maybe you should DM the second game >_>

I've been meaning to play a game of Call of Cthulu...

Deeku

Oh man, I just raced in a room of elite japanese Mario Kart 7 players where everyone had 3 stars and were 9000+ VR (vs my 1600 VR lol). They were pretty good!

Danoss

Have a copy of Shadowrun in there?
Nah, not a fan of the mix of cyberpunk and fantasy in that game, plus it's pretty crunchy.

I prefer more rules-lite games, which many indie games seem to be doing a great job of. Look at something like "Fiasco" for some awesome fun with friends, it's best described as "like making your own Coen brothers movie - in about the same amount of time it'd take to watch one". No prep needed, minimal dice-rolling. Best of all, it's GM-less, so everyone can play.

God maybe you should DM the second game >_>

I've been meaning to play a game of Call of Cthulu...

I'm still a new-ish player, so I'm not ready for GMing quite yet. I've bought these books for my group to play and the more seasoned GMs to run until I get a better feel for it. If I was a bit better, I would be more than willing to GM a game.

Call of Cthulhu is awesome. I also have Dark Heresy, which is like Cthulhu in space where going insane is even better/cooler/funnier (it's WH40k, but I kinda ignore that aspect)

Salazar

''One innings that stands out in my mind is that Twenty20 innings in Chennai during the Champions League this year,'' says Chapman of the opener's record-breaking 135 from 69 balls for NSW in October. ''He batted for that entire innings in oppressive heat. That took great athleticism.''

69 balls. 69 balls is an admirably strenuous innings now.

How retarded does Australian cricket want to get ? Serious question. By the time the next Ashes rolls around, these motherfuckers won't know which end of the bat to hold.

Today in the mail arrived my Big W copy of Dead Rising in Franks Pants 2 (only took like 7 days, not sure why people are having so much trouble with them) and Wings of Pretty from AIE. It looks damn pretty and if a bit of fun even on a keyboard. Avoided all the jank that I heard from SimHQ by opting out which was nice. Will hopefully pick up a decent flightstick, maybe like this one, during the silly season. ALSO MEANS I CAN REPLAY HOMEWORLD AND FREESPACE IN ALL THEIR GLORY.

We need kritzsteamsales.gif

Hadn't seen this one before
15xJZ.png

ALSO HURRY UP AND START STEAMSALES. Holding off on Secret Santa until the sale. I think my giftee will thank me. EVERYBODY CLEAN UP YOUR WISHLISTS SO YOU DON'T GET PISSY AT ME FOR GIFTING YOU A GAME YOU DON'T WANT.

Yagharek

69 balls. 69 balls is an admirably strenuous innings now.

How retarded does Australian cricket want to get ? Serious question. By the time the next Ashes rolls around, these motherfuckers won't know which end of the bat to hold.

Makes Dean Jones' and Steve Waugh's legendary double centuries in India and the West Indies respectively look like The Iliad and The Odyssey.

Top Bottom