• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

That your shot seanoff? Damn nice. Bulb?

Just 'played' TRAUMA for the first time while waiting for Skyrim to patch itself post-install (and I didn't realise playing the game stopped the downloads, so that didn't work out well). I know I'm LTTP here, but has anyone else 'played' it?

Gazunta

Did I mention the shirt was signed by Suda51? Coz it totally is.

Not being a fan of either Suda51 or his games I am yet to go wild at this. If someone was giving away an Elite shirt signed by Braben I would go bananas

Doing the comic before midnight FEELS GOOD.

Jintor

tumblr_lwgb3qb5sV1qgs4kho1_500.jpg

Today, Rakh, Banana and Don decided to attack a dragon.

Hmm. Just played about 3 hours of the MW3 campaign again while the gf was playing Toy Story 3 on the 360 next to me. Had no idea it was any later than 10pm.

Today I played video games. I am shocked at my behaviour.

Rahk

Not sure why anyone would say no to gold and exp just to destroy a stone of doom!

The dragon was evil, it should have died (for our betterment).

Shaneus

If you don't have Just Cause 2 for PC by now, you're a bad, bad person. PS. Don't install the patch for unlimited ammo etc. until you've finished the game. All I hear is people complain about how you get bored too easily, purely because they didn't have to fight tooth-and-nail most of the time to get ammo and defeat enemies. Nothing more satisfying than killing dudes with a grappling hook because that's you're only weapon.

Holy fuck, I just saw the first video I'd ever seen of Rayman Origins. Holy shit that looks awesome. Want it on PC, though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm tempted to pick up that game I've never heard of for 2.50 on steam. Some 4p wave based title.

Anyone else picking if up?

Omikron

You get a 'gift' for signing into the community side of things and checking out your inventory.

I got a 33% off coupon for Valve games.

I own all the valve games.

The only stuff I'd buy on the Valve collection is the Half Life 2 stuff which I don't seem to have though I have played them... but I didn't get a gift anyway as my Steam inventory is empty!

Is Blocks That Matter worth $1.25?

Omikron

The only stuff I'd buy on the Valve collection is the Half Life 2 stuff which I don't seem to have though I have played them... but I didn't get a gift anyway as my Steam inventory is empty!

Is Blocks That Matter worth $1.25?

Don't have HL2?! I can sort that shit out.

Edit: Check your gifts cod.

Shaneus

Rayman Origins on PC?

Never. Going. To happen*.

*Most likely.
I keep forgetting that it's Ubisoft. For some reason, in my mind there's a disconnect between the Ubisoft that does the Tom Clancy/AssCreed stuff and the BG&E/Rayman stuff. Former having the worst DRM imaginable and the latter being nice and fluffy and fun and not at all draconian in it's PC-portability. It's weird.

Yep, Xmas sale has started: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456083

Nothing of interest today.
Nothing of interest... because everyone already has Just Cause 2. Right?

Awesome, I'm going to play the crap out of these. Last time I played, I had a bug in Ep2 where it crapped out partway through, so I'm definitely going to finish it this time...

Choc

Banned
Is it amazing, or just really good at drug pushing?

With WoW blizzard needs to realise what a huge fucking difference branching dialogue and voice acting does to the immersion of a game

not just looking at scrolling text. And your decisions affect a lot of shit in your story

jedi guardian spoiler

for example i have been choosing the light side options all the way through the game. I am level 12. Last night i was able to convince an enemy to give up through use of the force as opposed to a fight. If i had not gone light side decisions i would not haev been able to. Just one small example

Jintor

I keep forgetting that it's Ubisoft. For some reason, in my mind there's a disconnect between the Ubisoft that does the Tom Clancy/AssCreed stuff and the BG&E/Rayman stuff. Former having the worst DRM imaginable and the latter being nice and fluffy and fun and not at all draconian in it's PC-portability. It's weird.

Michel Ancel.

Nothing of interest... because everyone already has Just Cause 2. Right?

Yep.

not just looking at scrolling text. And your decisions affect a lot of shit in your story
Since TOR seems so story-focused, do you think there's much replayability in there? With WoW, for instance, you have all the raiding stuff once you hit the top level. Does it feel more like a traditional RPG with lots of players running around than an MMO once you get going?

legend166

With WoW blizzard needs to realise what a huge fucking difference branching dialogue and voice acting does to the immersion of a game

jedi guardian spoiler

for example i have been choosing the light side options all the way through the game. I am level 12. Last night i was able to convince an enemy to give up through use of the force as opposed to a fight. If i had not gone light side decisions i would not haev been able to. Just one small example

When I played the Beta I was annoyed that I couldn't skip all that dialogue though. I found it completely pointless because at the end of the day I was still killing 12 monsters or collection 5 pelts or whatever.

Choc

Banned
Since TOR seems so story-focused, do you think there's much replayability in there? With WoW, for instance, you have all the raiding stuff once you hit the top level. Does it feel more like a traditional RPG with lots of players running around than an MMO once you get going?

my plan is once i get a high enough character i will start again with a different character to see their story

so yes their is replay value. You can have 7 characters per server as well without extra charge.

There is raiding stuff (flashpoints) in TOR (you get the first one at level 10, or access to it) and those are cool, very movie like stuff.

And yes it feels a lot like KOTOR did

edit: legend, spacebar. I've had one collectathon quest, the manka teeth. Other than that, zero

I guess the Jedi has good variety

Rahk

I'm tempted to pick up that game I've never heard of for 2.50 on steam. Some 4p wave based title.

Anyone else picking if up?

Looks OK from the screenshots. I'll check it out in more detail when I get home.

I'll also probably get the Pendulo pack.

Shaneus

Michel Ancel.
Ahhh. Makes sense. Would I be right in saying that all Ubi do now is Tom Clancy crap, AssBro and Michel Ancel stuff? Oh, and PoP. Essentially milking all the dudebro franchises they have and occasionally releasing decent stuff.

Good. Can't wait to get the next-series nVidia to jam everything in JC2 up to 11.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Chilling at Melbourne airport.

Ipad is ultimate travel distraction.

Melb airport is horribad to chillax at, spent a couple of nights there earlier this year, pretty much the only free wifi is if you loiter outfront of the qantas lounge, and there are barely any powerpoints anywhere.

Jintor

Gaming is strange.

Companies can take good products with great systems that are fun, enjoyable, wonderful games and just absolutely fuck it up with miscellaneous shit that isn't actually part of the game.

Arkham City on PC is an atrocious clusterfuck of broken technical issues, GFWL overlays, broken DX11 tesselation and retail-only DLC. Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3 shipped nine months after launch of the original game without arguably its primary featureset which was packed in as DLC and delivered broken when it was finally launched anyway. Skyrim on PS3 explodes, searing everybody in the same room, after 40 hours or so of play.

Does this happen with books? Are films and TV shows judged on anything other than the core quality of the experience itself, rather than the tech problems or the real-life systems surrounding it?

Fuckin' video games, man.

Finally got into the inventory gift, and it's 25% off one Valve title... Bah. Anyone want it?

Hmm, I don't have the Max Payne games, still worth playing through with #3 coming out next year? I'm sure I played a little bit of the first one but that's it.

Are films and TV shows judged on anything other than the core quality of the experience itself, rather than the tech problems or the real-life systems surrounding it?
Seeing a 3D film in a crappy cinema with half-broken glasses would likely diminish the experience. I've been to cinemas with the wrong aspect ratio, or terrible sound or distorted speakers, or where the seats are uncomfortable or jerks are speaking the whole time or kicking the seats. All of these have been negative experiences, causing me to enjoy the film less than I otherwise might have.

Top Bottom