• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

CricketGAF: New Squad...

Clarke, Bailey, Doherty, Henriques, Hughes, Hussey, Johnson, Maxwell, McKay, Starc , Wade, Warner.

Selections, so confusing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Music actually doesn't help, At a certain point it actually makes it worse. While listening I will get really light headed, tingling feeling in my head and i'm just forced to take the earphones out and try to breath and relax. It's almost a feeling of passing out and throwing up or at least wanting to haha.

Meditation is something I do need to try, I've been meaning to forever. I will actually try and give that a shot tonight. Any specific tips I need to know?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Music actually doesn't help, At a certain point it actually makes it worse. While listening I will get really light headed, tingling feeling in my head and i'm just forced to take the earphones out and try to breath and relax. It's almost a feeling of passing out and throwing up or at least wanting to haha.

Meditation is something I do need to try, I've been meaning to forever. I will actually try and give that a shot tonight. Any specific tips I need to know?

you really just need to practice turning everything off.

It's basically like the simpsons.. when they show what's happening in homers head and its just a bear going around on a bike with circus music... when marge asks him to the ballet

find something. focus on it. and dont let your mind wander.. then let go of that thing... and stare into space... i try to get myself to do it on the bus when im freaking out..

breath slowly. think about nothing, or something pointless until your mind stops wandering.

Cyberpunk trailer sets up the universe, offers a glimpse into what the game will revolve around. Just a nice little taster. It is mainly to entirce publishers and investors to give them sweet sweet money. Also it isn't coming out for another [counts] 2+ years so it is either this or two more years of waiting.

WTF are they doing.

Rotation policy!

Would have been interesting to see what they would have done if Haddin wasn't injured.

legend166

CricketGAF: New Squad...

Clarke, Bailey, Doherty, Henriques, Hughes, Hussey, Johnson, Maxwell, McKay, Starc , Wade, Warner.

Selections, so confusing.

Xavier Doherty is the most boring cricketer in the history of cricket. I wish they'd stop picking him.

jambo

Whys it called cricket? Cause its the sound most commonly associated with the excitement of the game!

A number of other words have been suggested as sources for the term "cricket". In the earliest definite reference to the sport in 1598, it is called creckett.

Given the strong medieval trade connections between south-east England and the County of Flanders when the latter belonged to the Duchy of Burgundy, the name may have been derived from the Middle Dutch krick(-e), meaning a stick (crook); or the Old English cricc or cryce meaning a crutch or staff.

In Old French, the word criquet seems to have meant a kind of club or stick.

In Samuel Johnson's Dictionary, he derived cricket from "cryce, Saxon, a stick".

Another possible source is the Middle Dutch word krickstoel, meaning a long low stool used for kneeling in church and which resembled the long low wicket with two stumps used in early cricket.

According to Heiner Gillmeister, a European language expert of Bonn University, "cricket" derives from the Middle Dutch phrase for hockey, met de (krik ket)sen (i.e., "with the stick chase"). Dr Gillmeister believes that not only the name but the sport itself is of Flemish origin.

So there!

markot

Banned
The french also call eating snails 'cuisine'!

Also cricket has french roots? Nuff is said. No wonder the game is based on making it take 5 days and hoping for a draw at best!

jambo

The french also call eating snails 'cuisine'!

Also cricket has french roots? Nuff is said. No wonder the game is based on making it take 5 days and hoping for a draw at best!

The French have one of the best military records in the world. They simply employed the wrong tactics against the Nazis and suffered the wrath of Blitzkrieg.

EDIT: I really don't know why I'm bothering with this...

Dead Man

So why are we getting all excited about that Cyberpunk trailer, when it's all CG and usually we bag out CG trailers?

1. Because there is no faked gameplay.

2. It looks pretty close to the source material which I love and has never seen a decent video game.

Gruso

Hey Ausgaf. Managed to nuke my first account ("Sew") by changing my email address way back in 2011. Finally back on board. My face won't be familiar but many of yours still are :) So hey.

Kritz

Banned
Weird, VLR actually arrived today (despite not ever getting a shipping message from OzSave).

I guess this means I won't buy a vita. What a shame.

Got a call back about a job today. Same pay, worse hours, 2 years + progression. I wish they were forced to be upfront about pay in the ad.

Stackboy

Hey Ausgaf. Managed to nuke my first account ("Sew") by changing my email address way back in 2011. Finally back on board. My face won't be familiar but many of yours still are :) So hey.

Answer all the questions they throw at you, like "Do you think Ricki-Lee is a good cricket player?".

jambo

Hey

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole cunt?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

DO you like scotch & bacon?

Also Viva Pinata Party Animals & Crackdown?

Theses are the most important.
Weird, VLR actually arrived today (despite not ever getting a shipping message from OzSave)

I don't feel like a dick now!

Also don't forget the save bug!

Answer all the questions they throw at you, like "Do you think Ricki-Lee is a good cricket player?".
Regardless of whether she is or isn't, I'd probably watch to see how she handles a bat.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to play another console game for a really long time. You couldn't pay me to play through the vast majority of the games people seem to get excited about and I look at most GOTY lists and see naught but generic dross that I wouldn't look at twice.

Regardless of whether she is or isn't, I'd probably watch to see how she handles a bat.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to play another console game for a really long time. You couldn't pay me to play through the vast majority of the games people seem to get excited about and I look at most GOTY lists and see naught but generic dross that I wouldn't look at twice.
Good time to become a parent then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom