• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

The Witcher 2 felt like this weird hybrid of RPG and action combat that didn't pan out

It had the complete lack of weight of RPG timing-based turn combat added to the stress of timing hits with no feedback, it felt like

As much as I love the Witcher 2. I don't get this opinion either, if we are comparing the controls on the console versions of both respective games. The Witcher 2 definitely doesn't control as well as Dark Souls.:p in fact all the elements The Witcher 2 took for it's combat system from Demon souls were done much worse in that, esp the dodging which is janky as fuck.

Hmm, strange since the dodging in The Witcher 2 was one of the changes I really loved and made the combat a lot more fun and dynamic.

In any case both games have their fans who enjoyed the controls so there is a place in the market for both games thankfully. Choice!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The Witcher 2 felt like this weird hybrid of RPG and action combat that didn't pan out

It had the complete lack of weight of RPG timing-based turn combat added to the stress of timing hits with no feedback, it felt like

It was basically like a mishmash of Demon Souls and Batman Arkham Asylum. It probably would have been better if they just copied Demon Souls tho, because Batman AA has a terrible combat engine.

markot

Banned

Damn straight high 5 flip side down low.

Witcher 2 is over rated by PC gamers who cream themselves over anything that looks purrrrrrrrty and is 'made for pc'. Although I liked the characters and story mostly... and graphics!

Arkham City is one of the most enjoyable combat systems I have played, even better than the original due to the requirement to vary your actions with the different enemy types. Makes you feel like a badass when you do a 5x variety, 5x gadget, 50 hit combo.

Damn straight high 5 flip side down low.

Witcher 2 is over rated by PC gamers who cream themselves over anything that looks purrrrrrrrty and is 'made for pc'. Although I liked the characters and story mostly... and graphics!

The 360 port looked amazing too.

Very much looking forward to TW3 on PC/PS4/720

Rahk

It was basically like a mishmash of Demon Souls and Batman Arkham Asylum. It probably would have been better if they just copied Demon Souls tho, because Batman AA has a terrible combat engine.
If you think Batman AA has a terrible combat engine the problem is you.

How have I missed this thread all this time? I really do not venture outside of the Gaming forum as much as I should.

Was gonna post this in stupid questions thread but this is probably a better place. Are there any good Australian online stores for Wii games? With my recent purchase of a Wii U I would like to catch up on alot of Wii games I have missed but they are so damn expensive locally(Perth). eBay is the best place I have found so far but it's very hit and miss. I also much prefer to buy things brand new.

Thanks for any help. I shall be reading this thread more often now, sub'd!

How have I missed this thread all this time? I really do not venture outside of the Gaming forum as much as I should.

Was gonna post this in stupid questions thread but this is probably a better place. Are there any good Australian online stores for Wii games? With my recent purchase of a Wii U I would like to catch up on alot of Wii games I have missed but they are so damn expensive locally(Perth). eBay is the best place I have found so far but it's very hit and miss. I also much prefer to buy things brand new.

Willing to have UK copies and wait 10-14 days for delivery?

Yagharek

You fucked up omi, Demon/Dark souls (also Platinum Games but thats not as relevant here) fanboys are worse than any other fanboys even victim complex Nintendo fanboys.

If you don't like their games its your fault for being a terrible person, bad at games etc it's never the games fault in the slightest.

Dont be like that

Deeku

arkham combat is more like a rhythm game than anything

but it's excellent
but there aint no sick beats in batman! i think of it more as a puzzle combat type deal.

i don't even like batman, but i finished arkham city recently and it was pretty awesome. i even spent money on a freakin skin pack for my second play through:/

BTB seem to have Gearbox Aliens WiiU for preorder at $42 for some reason. No idea if they will guarantee that price. No idea if they take money at order or at shipping either!

Most the stuff I am finding on eBay is UK stores. So yes :)

OzGameShop is the Australian focused arm of 365games.co.uk, games ship out of the UK and are of that region. Delivery time is usually 10-14 days, free postage. They have weekly specials plus time limited deals every now and then. You get reward points that go towards gift vouchers you can redeem on a future purchase.

Zavvi is a UK store, some people have had issues with delivery in the past, I haven't had an issue but keep in mind that some have had to message them. All prices are in pounds too so you have to convert it through XE.com/ucc or something of the ilk. Postage is an extra pound per order, owned by TheHut group. Postage is 10-14 days for the most part.

BeatTheBomb is an Adelaide website that has been running for about 6 months now, postage is $2.50 and usually arrives within 3-7 days. They have awesome specials on the frontpage which are for 3 days or so, sometimes only a few copies (picked up SSX on 360 for $10 not long ago, currently PES2013 on PS3/360 for $25). They mark which copies are AUS and UK copies.

jambo

Another one!

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your children has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole cunt?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Kritz

Banned
Batman combat is boring
Witcher 2 combat required some mods for me to like it but was okay outside of weird difficulty spikes
Dope souls combat is totally playable but feels really weightless even though it's so slow and deliberate. Just doesn't feel meaty enough.
Sleepy Dogs combat had me buy two sets of dlc to play more of it
Kingdoms of Amalur combat is soulless but serviceable, though is incredibly stilted.
In fable 2 you can shoot people in the balls LOL

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I actually agree with everything Kritz said for once. Like I do wish Dark Souls combat had some more meat to it (like more types of moves, combos etc). Heard Dark Souls 2 is addressing that element, so fingers-crossed!

jambo

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic had the best combat for me.

Jedi Knight II was good, but the lightsabers felt weightless, which some what ruined it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Jedi Knight II was good, but the lightsabers felt weightless, which some what ruined it.
Funny thing about that, was it was probably intentional, to capture all the ninja-flipping, force power stuff from the prequel trilogy. As bad as that sounds, I actually think prequel-style lightsaber fights are more suited to a video game than OT-type fights imo.

Also RAGE is amazing - one of the best games of 2011. I want DOOM 4 now.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The free-roam stuff was pretty forgettable, but the classic shooter sections of RAGE were top tier.
That's why I'm pretty excited about Doom 4 - since it will essentially be just the classic shooter sections of RAGE for the whole game.

http://www.dungeoncrawl.com.au/c-5-wii.aspx

If you don't want to wait 2 weeks for UK delivery.

Otherwise, ebay (uk), ozgameshop, play-asia and zavii/the hut are the best places to get new games cheap.

bomma_man

Omg I hate that shit. I cannot enjoy any combat engine that's anywhere in the middle of turn based and real time (gave up on KotOR and Xenoblade for that reason).

Kritz

Banned
Objectively Sleepy Dog's combat is kind of bare bones

somehow though playing it is AWESOME AS FUCK

Yeah it's kind of just the same 6 combos over and over again. But fuck they're awesome.

Jumpkick into a guy, tackle another to the ground and punch him in his fucking face, break the next guy's arm, run up a wall and do a sick sweeping wall kick knocking two others down. Counter a guy and send him flying backwards, and finish it off by introducing someone's head to a car door. Repeatedly.

Jintor

I don't really understand what makes me enjoy it so but it's just great. It's only mechanically sound because it's relatively simplistic, but somehow it's just fun

Sleepy Dogs just strips the bullshit from the fighting system, gives you a handful of moves that you can plan out to take down all the stupid mofos around you.

Unless it has a Y-USB cable, a desktop version is recomended.

Oh poo, with a power cable? I have limited sockets so that is annoying.

What is the biggest USB stick they can take?

Rahk

Yeah it's kind of just the same 6 combos over and over again. But fuck they're awesome.

Jumpkick into a guy, tackle another to the ground and punch him in his fucking face, break the next guy's arm, run up a wall and do a sick sweeping wall kick knocking two others down. Counter a guy and send him flying backwards, and finish it off by introducing someone's head to a car door. Repeatedly.
Not sure why you like this but think Batman combat is boring.

Bernbaum

Ha! Thanks.

t4Gpo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom