• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Not sure why you like this but think Batman combat is boring.

I dunno either. I think it's because Sleepy Dogs had a much better world compared to the Batman asylum. Or because in Sleepy Dogs enemies didn't fuckin slow mo fall to the ground while grabbing their heads with their god damn gigantic meat hands. And Batman was just fuckin flying all over the place in his combat, doing these gigantic leaps that were 1/4 cool and 3/4 distracting.

I'm going to put it down to the things outside the combat in Sleeping Dogs are far more interesting than Batman.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sleepy Dogs just strips the bullshit from the fighting system, gives you a handful of moves that you can plan out to take down all the stupid mofos around you.

Oh poo, with a power cable? I have limited sockets so that is annoying.

What is the biggest USB stick they can take?

You need one with a power cable, or the the USB cable that splits in two so it uses two ports.

USB Sticks aren't going to work.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought there was an honest review done by one guy over on reddit. Seemed like it was still a DMC game for those who enjoy DMC but hard to actually recommend for those who never bothered with it.

I will pick it up when it's dirt cheap. I'm mostly terrible at those sorta games, Good to see it actually runs well on PC though.

Shaneus

Im sure alot of people who are strung out on drugs said the same.
RIP Shaneus
Well, shit. I was going to spend the $30 I saved by taking up drugs anyway.

JINTOR! LOOK! OMG!

dmc-devil-may-cry-tes8yy79.png

I can get a great framerate even with my old 460!

Shit, I totally can't use this as an excuse to get a 670 now can I? Minister of Finance wins again >_<
I should be able to smash the living shit out of that. Shame I have no interest in dMc in the first place. My next high-speed twitch action game will be MGR when it gets released on PC, or Vanquish 2.

You fucked up omi, Demon/Dark souls (also Platinum Games but thats not as relevant here) fanboys are worse than any other fanboys even victim complex Nintendo fanboys.
You should play Vanquish already, because clearly you haven't.

I thought there was an honest review done by one guy over on reddit. Seemed like it was still a DMC game for those who enjoy DMC but hard to actually recommend for those who never bothered with it.

I will pick it up when it's dirt cheap. I'm mostly terrible at those sorta games, Good to see it actually runs well on PC though.
Possibly the main reason I'll get it. I just re-bought DMC4 because I had it on Direct2Drive and it was less than a fiver, so I'll probably enjoy it. Having said that, Bayonetta combat didn't really gel with me but I loved Vanquish.

What does it all mean?!?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
No lock on so that would be a negative
Haha, I actually played the demo, and the lack of lock-on was actually one of my biggest complaints about the demo, that and mapping certain weapon functions to the triggers was awful. I'll probably give the game a shot sometime when it goes on sale, but it really sounds like everything I feared from the initial announcement, esp since a much better action game comes out next month.

BTB seem to have Gearbox Aliens WiiU for preorder at $42 for some reason. No idea if they will guarantee that price. No idea if they take money at order or at shipping either!

OzGameShop is the Australian focused arm of 365games.co.uk, games ship out of the UK and are of that region. Delivery time is usually 10-14 days, free postage. They have weekly specials plus time limited deals every now and then. You get reward points that go towards gift vouchers you can redeem on a future purchase.

Zavvi is a UK store, some people have had issues with delivery in the past, I haven't had an issue but keep in mind that some have had to message them. All prices are in pounds too so you have to convert it through XE.com/ucc or something of the ilk. Postage is an extra pound per order, owned by TheHut group. Postage is 10-14 days for the most part.

BeatTheBomb is an Adelaide website that has been running for about 6 months now, postage is $2.50 and usually arrives within 3-7 days. They have awesome specials on the frontpage which are for 3 days or so, sometimes only a few copies (picked up SSX on 360 for $10 not long ago, currently PES2013 on PS3/360 for $25). They mark which copies are AUS and UK copies.

Thankyou for your time and effort.

You were looking for a war of words the minute you went calling out people as fanboys on a preemptive basis. Like MacArthur, we needed a Truman to step in and stop these unnecessary comments ;)

It wasn't preemtive it was reactive.

I have no problems with those games but the comments by those that tout them as the pinacle of gaming and dismiss any criticism as being from those who aren't fans of the genre, never gave it a proper chance, are casual players etc

It's insulting.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I have no problems with those games but the comments by those that tout them as the pinacle of gaming and dismiss any criticism as being from those who aren't fans of the genre, never gave it a proper chance, are casual players etc
To be fair - when it comes to Platinum Games. Most of the criticism that say Bayonetta gets on the internet is always so silly, since it's almost never related to how the game plays. As a self-professed platinum games fanboy, I'd be more than happy to see it receive criticism for it's QTES, how overpowered it's dodge mechanics are, the tacked-on mini-games etc but we usually see "oh bayonetta is so sexist and the story is garbage therefore the game sucks" before we get to interesting criticisms like that. Also I wasn't aware anyone hated Vanquish except for a close e-friend of mine (whom also posts on GAF) and probably will never post his opinion because of the vitriol he will inevitably receive from GAF.:p
Overrated performance, his work in Man on the Moon was way better Fred.
His work in Eternal Sunshine is better!

I haven't actually seen Man on the Moon. Although the truman show is really great

Jintor

Overpowered dodge mechanics? When the best and only way to play the game is to take no damage, that shit is balanced as fuck!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Overpowered dodge mechanics? When the best and only way to play the game is to take no damage, that shit is balanced as fuck!
I find both witch time and dodge offset make it WAY too easy to dodge most of the attacks in the game, considering every single move in the game is heavily telegraphed. It's definitely not as interesting as say the royal guard in DMC3 or general dodging in NGB, which are much harder and less forgiving when it comes to those mechanics.

Jintor

I find both witch time and dodge offset make it WAY too easy to dodge most of the attacks in the game, considering every single move in the game is heavily telegraphed. It's definitely not as interesting as say the royal guard in DMC3 or general dodging in NGB, which are much harder and less forgiving when it comes to those mechanics.

The way I look at it, if you get hit once in Bayonetta you've fucked up hardcore

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Any rumblings that they will do a revision with a larger internal HDD? Something like 500GB would be enough really.

There are currently 0 rumblings from Nintendo.

Anyone know a good new mouse? Not for going but for work. Wireless though.

I have a Performance MX that's like 4 years old or whatever... might just buy one agani.

senahorse

Haha that's cool. I still haven't played it as I was living in hope of a PC port, guess I should just pick it up cheap one of these days.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bayonetta or Vanquish will sadly never get a PC port even if P.G wanted to. Mainly due to SEGA methinks.

Not sure if it would be worth it for an XBMC box. But I guess that depends on what you're also going to do with it. You would need to throw in a low profile GPU for movie playback onto your tv as well.

I have one but as a media server.

Knew I forgot something.

Custom mini-itx build all the way :D

Yeah that's an option, just for $270 it's practically done for me n40+video card. The 4 hard drive caddies would be useful.

I voted but then Kritz cleared the database :(

4 episodes in a row for the afternoon is godly. Little guy just snuggles down and laughs his arse off. Ordered a few toys from OGS. Easily his favourite show at the moment, loves Grandpa Pig.

What is it with kids and Peppa Pig? Currently my daughters favourite show as well

PC mouse? Logitech is probably the best way to go price/value-wise for wireless. I would recommend the Logitech G400 for a cheap, quality wired mouse. I think they were going for $25-30 at DSE over Christmas.

What is it with kids and Peppa Pig? Currently my daughters favourite show as well

Lots of bright static colours, everyone is super happy and having great fun. Plus they jump in muddy puddles and ROFL!

Dead Man

BeatTheBomb is an Adelaide website that has been running for about 6 months now, postage is $2.50 and usually arrives within 3-7 days. They have awesome specials on the frontpage which are for 3 days or so, sometimes only a few copies (picked up SSX on 360 for $10 not long ago, currently PES2013 on PS3/360 for $25). They mark which copies are AUS and UK copies.
How did I miss these guys? I love Ozgameshop, but I think I will have to give these guys a try.

SwissLion

Jumping back to the punching dudes thing for a second.

I think a lot of the appeal of the stuff in Sleeping Dogs is just how visceral and brutal it is. The visual and especially sound design of the fighting is really incredible and does really well to hide some little flaws it does have.

It also takes pretty much all of it's mechanical cues from Arkham Asylum/City so it's pretty dang good there. The progression of new moves all the time was also really awesome.

It is a little weird to me not liking AA/AC's combat but loving Sleeping Dogs, but I could totally see a stylistic/visual argument for it.

Sleeping Dogs is a lot more grounded, whereas when you really get those thugs spread out and you're Flying Freeflow Crit Kicking dudes across the room from eachother it can get very silly very quickly.

I love you guys. Please don't ever want us to downgrade our gun laws, I feel a hell of a lot more safe here after reading all these gun threads on NeoGAF.

Yakuza is pretty good for punchin' dudes. Fighting some guy in his office so you just pick up the coffee table or lounge and slam him with them. Even if the first four hours or so of Yakuza 3 are Go Home and Be a Family Man: The Video Game (which I also enjoyed and has its own appeal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom