• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can backup a save in the same fashion as on PC, move them to storage media or upload to the cloudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I am more surprised there is actually 100 things to download, though if you take psp/psx games into account it makes sense.

There is a buttload of Minis.

Plenty of fully fledged titles too.

Yagharek

You can always delete the game...oh and lose your save.

You can always back it up to the PS3 using the application manager, but that would involve doing a cursory bit of reading for you to find out how it works. :p

Hey reptile - here's a project for you. Rising Star games says Deadly Premonition Directors Cut is due out on April 15. Do you know anywhere with a listing for it? OGS has nothing, I won't touch zavvi, and none of the ___-asia.coms have it either. GO!

The World Is Not Enough is fucking terrible. Just terrible. The director should be fired from a cannon into the sun. Acting is terrible, how could he shoot that and not redirect them into a decent fucking performance

:/

EDIT: Deadly Prem DC? It's Rising Star so it's a crapshoot. Especially since we didn't get the first game.

Yes, you can back up your save and that is a good thing. However, I really should be able to delete a game and then, at a later date, be able to re-download the game and start playing with my old save immediately.

If I'm not near my PC/PS3, then I can't. That's so short sighted.

I really hope both of these issues can be rectified and they're not indicative of a system level limitation.

Yagharek

Would a general consumer accumulate 100 apps/games for vita without being aware of the limitation? I admit I'm on the extreme end of the scale, like most people on gaf so far as system awareness goes. If it's taken 12 months before gaf became aware this was a problem, I have to assume it would be a long time more before general consumers would encounter it.

That was a launch window for Deadly Prem DC, still plenty of time for it to slip back :/

Cloud saves should be a standard feature. Not a subscription item.

They will be shortly I bet. Next generation will make them standard.

They got rolled into PS+ mainly because of the cost to Sony in regards to getting it approved. Now that it is a much more important feature in gaming I fully expect it to become a standard feature.

Although I have heard of lots of issues with Steam Cloud saves.

Would a general consumer accumulate 100 apps/games for vita without being aware of the limitation? I admit I'm on the extreme end of the scale, like most people on gaf so far as system awareness goes. If it's taken 12 months before gaf became aware this was a problem, I have to assume it would be a long time more before general consumers would encounter it.
I think there's a strong possibility of that. I only really found out about GAF about 3 or so years ago and I was a fairly big gamer before then. I don't think being a hardcore gamer and a GAF user are mutually exclusive things. In fact, there's a strong possibility that the most hardcore of hardcore don't waste their time on forums when it could be better used playing games.

Even still, users shouldn't have to find out these things through a website. Users shouldn't have to find out that games saves are deleted at the same time as game data.

This whole "find out about this shit on your own" culture that companies are trying to force upon us needs to stop.

jambo

You can always back it up to the PS3 using the application manager, but that would involve doing a cursory bit of reading for you to find out how it works. :p

What if you don't own a PS3? Or can't access it immediately? It's a pretty crap system.

GAF tends to pick up news from every corner of the internet though, especially when it is hilarious mistakes such as these.

Jambo: You can also back them up to PC or the cloud I think?

Rezbit

Save thing is some bullshit. I hate crap like that. If you're gonna make someone "clean their fridge" at least make it easy to go back to your save if you reinstall.

Jambo: You can also back them up to PC or the cloud I think?
You shouldn't have to, though. Imagine if uninstalling Microsoft Word deleted all of your documents? Uninstalling Photoshop removed all image files from your computer? If the response from the Microsoft/Adobe was "Users have the choice to back up those files so that they can restore them later" there would be nothing but incredulous responses.

It wouldn't even be a possibility in most other types of software so why is it one here?

Genuinely asking, if I delete Jetpack Joyride from my phone do I lose all my saved items that I have unlocked?

Maybe I should link an account or something, I really did mean to look into that :/

That's mega-bullpoopy. At the very least give users the choice of keeping their save data.

Is this the short-sightedness of the software programmers or the platform programmers? Anyone know?

Omikron

That's mega-bullpoopy. At the very least give users the choice of keeping their save data.

Is this the short-sightedness of the software programmers or the platform programmers? Anyone know?

From a mobile platform perspective probably the latter. When you delete something, you probably want it to be gone and not unisntalling everything but some select files. Will eventually eat mystery space resulting you wondering where things went etc.

That being said, I like the offering of an option to users to make that call.

From a mobile platform perspective probably the latter. When you delete something, you probably want it to be gone and not unisntalling everything but some select files. Will eventually eat mystery space resulting you wondering where things went etc.

That being said, I like the offering of an option to users to make that call.
Mobile phone users. Make that Call.

Oh, you!

Yeah, I can see why they'd want all trace to be removed but it seems so counter-intuitive...

Thanks.

Yagharek

I dunno. I can see where and how it would be a problem but ... I look at how I went with DS. In 7 years I think I accumulated something like 90 games and that system had a phenomenal library.

I just struggle to see how 100 Vita games will wind up on the one system. Time will tell.

Omikron

I dunno. I can see where and how it would be a problem but ... I look at how I went with DS. In 7 years I think I accumulated something like 90 games and that system had a phenomenal library.

I just struggle to see how 100 Vita games will wind up on the one system. Time will tell.

Games/apps/things.

You even said yourself you have 40+ in a month right?

You being a Sony apologist now? ;)

Yagharek

Is that your MO? Every time someone finds something less of a deal they're an apologist? Gee whiz.

FWIW the 46 odd things on my system are split something like 20 games, 5-10 essential apps, 5-10 disposable apps for AR, and a few demos.

Shaneus

Genuinely asking, if I delete Jetpack Joyride from my phone do I lose all my saved items that I have unlocked?

Maybe I should link an account or something, I really did mean to look into that :/
It's supposed to have iCloud support, but I don't know in what capacity. But I'll give you a free pointer though :)

Download an app called iFunbox and install it.
Connect yer iDevice, scroll through the apps until you see JJ. Copy the entire folder. It can probably be narrowed down further to just a few files, but it's a fairly small app so just copy it to your PC and when you want to put it back on, get it from the app store (because every time it installs, it has a different program ID thingy) then drag the files back. Presto!

In theory. Hit up Rlan, he's basically Halfbrick technical support or something ;)

It's supposed to have iCloud support, but I don't know in what capacity. But I'll give you a free pointer though :)

Download an app called iFunbox and install it.
Connect yer iDevice, scroll through the apps until you see JJ. Copy the entire folder. It can probably be narrowed down further to just a few files, but it's a fairly small app so just copy it to your PC and when you want to put it back on, get it from the app store (because every time it installs, it has a different program ID thingy) then drag the files back. Presto!
how about Android?

I'm going to buy a Vita from the USA later this year, and stock up on some PSN cards.

Now way I'm buying stuff off the AU store, prices are a bloody joke.

PS: Has anyone played Rayman Jungle Run on android/ios? Heard good things about it, is it worth the purchase?

Australian amateur prospector finds massive gold nugget

_65340550_goldnugget.jpg

Worth $300,000, near Ballarat. Lucky cunt.

senahorse

Federal Attorney-General Nicola Roxon's department says Weet-Bix manufacturer Sanitarium - which advertises for job candidates who share its ''Christian-based principles'' - is not a religious body, but would not say whether the company's actions were unlawful.
Sanitarium was founded and is operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church, which is not required to lodge the company's financial reports.

A number of its online job ads require successful candidates to have Christian principles. A cereal machine operator job ad says: ''If you share our passion for what we do … and you are aligned with our Christian-based principles, this will be a great opportunity for you.''
A Sanitarium spokeswoman has told Fairfax Media that religious belief ''was not a condition of employment''.

It is an offence to publish an ad that indicates an intention to unlawfully discriminate under a number of laws. But religious bodies can lawfully discriminate against people with various attributes, including religious belief, unlike other groups. A draft human rights bill retains most of their legal rights to discriminate.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opi...stion-marks-20130117-2cwb3.html#ixzz2IH002Zqq

Seriously, fuck off...

edit: imagine the outrage at the opposite "If you have Christian-based principles please do not apply for this job"

edit2: also, why the fuck don't they have to lodge financial reports just because they are are owned by a religious group, I have known about this for many years but never understood it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom