• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Why is that? Why do we effectively pay for them to keep open, it's a belief system, shouldn't they be supported by their flock?

Neither the Australia nor the New Zealand Sanitarium companies pay company tax on their profits, due to their ownership by a religious organisation.

Capitalism ho!

I refuse to buy their shit due to this.

Shaneus

You fucking stole my joke you utter bastard!
Wait.... wait. There's something else there, but I just can't think of it.

Gimme a sec.

Seriously, fuck off...

edit: imagine the outrage at the opposite "If you have Christian-based principles please do not apply for this job"

edit2: also, why the fuck don't they have to lodge financial reports just because they are are owned by a religious group, I have known about this for many years but never understood it
I'd go for a job there, just so I can say on a Friday "So, I'm planning on picking up a few women, maybe steal some booze and do some drugs this weekend... maybe even rub a few out. What about you guys?"

WHY ARE YOU PLAYING THE SAME GAME AT THE SAME TIME
Because they're basically the same game?

I'd be down with that. At this point everyone who wants to play L4D2 probably already owns the cut version (and uses that uncut thing). I don't think many people would bother buying it again, especially if it was going to be sold at Australian "new game" prices.

How would they regulate buying R18 games online anyway?

I would buy it, since I don't already own it. I also think Valve aren't asshole-y enough to have it at Aus newgame prices for what is exactly the same game files.

Also wtf google, nice suggestion that I walk up and down that side street instead of straight past.

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but it's because you've set a waypoint in that lane (the little circle), that Google thinks you wish to go to your destination via.

Danoss

Seriously? Well, add Sanitarium to the list.

My Mum works there. I do not have any nice things to say about how they treat or pay her for the work she does.

They're Seventh-day Adventist and their belief system impacts their work environment. Not in a good way in my opinion.

senahorse

From OT, this is great :D

0Bkcl.jpg

We run trimester system though so most places running 2 semesters go back second week of February I think, my sisters does anyway.

By we I mean my previous employer, still feels weird to be out of there :/
Isn't the third Trimester basically a more expanded Summer Semester? Not all schools run during the third Trimester.

Wait, why am I asking you... I work there. It doesn't actually affect me at all though so I never paid attention to it.

My Mum works there. I do not have any nice things to say about how they treat or pay her for the work she does.

They're Seventh-day Adventist and their belief system impacts their work environment. Not in a good way in my opinion.
Ick. I don't mind places stating they have particular ideals if that's the background of their company, but it sounds like they're negatively impacting the place, so fuck those guys.

Isn't the third Trimester basically a more expanded Summer Semester? Not all schools run during the third Trimester.

Wait, why am I asking you... I work there. It doesn't actually affect me at all though so I never paid attention to it.
They expanded the summer semester and condensed the trimester down to like, 12 weeks or something.

I dunno! I haven't even been at uni for a while :)

Also I will sacrifice you all for some ducking Schnitz chips right now >_<

Deeku

ugh, those long uni holidays were crap when you had nothing to do.

actually my 3 week new year break was pretty crap too since I didn't organise anything. need to plan a trip or something this year!

senahorse

I never really had a uni holiday, always was working full time. Goddam it was a busy schedule doing a dual degree and working 40 hours/week.

Seriously, fuck off...

edit: imagine the outrage at the opposite "If you have Christian-based principles please do not apply for this job"

edit2: also, why the fuck don't they have to lodge financial reports just because they are are owned by a religious group, I have known about this for many years but never understood it

I worked at Sanitarium this morning, I am an atheist. In full disclosure I am a casual worker there through an agency. But in saying that the permanent people employed directly by sanitarium go around swearing and there's at least one homosexual there (ONE).

There's a difference between wanting people with good values like those preached by Christianity and explicitly excluding anyone who isn't Christian.

But yeah not having to submit financial reports or pay company tax is total bullshit. Fucked.

Yagharek

Sanitarium is no different to other criminal/fraudulent activities conducted by hillsong, the rcc, anglican churches and various clappy non denominational cash churches. Theyre all a farce, they all demand special protection to behave like bigots and get free money to do so. Theyre also all experts at playing victim cards when called on their bullshit.

Fuck 'em all.

Sanitarium is no different to other criminal/fraudulent activities conducted by hillsong, the rcc, anglican churches and various clappy non denominational cash churches. Theyre all a farce, they all demand special protection to behave like bigots and get free money to do so. Theyre also all experts at playing victim cards when called on their bullshit.

Fuck 'em all.

What criminal or fraudulent activities have Sanitarium participated in? The problem isn't them, it's the law. Can you blame them for taking advantage of concessions the law gives them? I would do it.

Yagharek

Not paying tax, and hiring preferentially for christian candidates.

Just because 'its the law, can you blame them' is a convenient excuse, is it really fair given the law is written by religious people and maintained by them by threat of uproar (see this weeks news re: discrimination protection for christian employers). It's a corrupt set of laws that usually appear in nepotistic regimes.

Hope no one is down Gippsland side? It's burning out there...

505848-gippsland-fires-twitter.jpg

420929-dawson.jpg

fire2-wide-620x349.jpg

Yep, I live there. My girlfriend lives in Rawson, at the Southern Ash Wildlife Shelter (where Sam the Koala was) and they're prepping to evacuate themselves and the animals just in case. That's on one side of my town, there's another huge fire on the other side too, where those photos are from.

markot

Banned
Not paying tax, and hiring preferentially for christian candidates.

Just because 'its the law, can you blame them' is a convenient excuse, is it really fair given the law is written by religious people and maintained by them by threat of uproar (see this weeks news re: discrimination protection for christian employers). It's a corrupt set of laws that usually appear in nepotistic regimes.
god did get his son a plum job....

Yep, I live there. My girlfriend lives in Rawson, at the Southern Ash Wildlife Shelter (where Sam the Koala was) and they're prepping to evacuate themselves and the animals just in case. That's on one side of my town, there's another huge fire on the other side too, where those photos are from.
All the best to you, your family and everyone else in the area.

Hey AusGAF, I feel like I haven't been here in forever

Neither the Australia nor the New Zealand Sanitarium companies pay company tax on their profits, due to their ownership by a religious organisation.

Capitalism ho!

I refuse to buy their shit due to this.

I had completely forgotten about that. Law or not, it's dodgy as hell. Doesn't the Assembly of God own Gloria Jeans? I've tried to avoid their coffee since hearing that.

Also NRLGAF Lyon wants out of the Sea Eagles to go to the Titans

Yagharek

Yeah I learnt about gloria jeans something like 4-5 years ago. It was either AoG or hillsong, I forget, but havent had anything there since.

It really is anticompetitive too to have large companies with high profits and no tax bill. Maybe gina rineheart can 'find god', start up her own cult like hillsong and run her mining ops as a spinoff from her church. After all, that's how immoral the behaviour of sanitarium and their ilk is.

At least rineheart pays tax. That already makes her a better person :p

Yagharek

It's an established privellige thanks to the heirarchs in early Australian society belonging to various chuches. Essentially its the status quo, which is declared immune from challenge by way of public outcry from churches every time someone suggests they should pay their fair share.

Yagharek

Thats fine, so long as you dont start a tax rort.

edit: also, Im surprised by your tone. It seems you have taken this conversation as an attempt to rubbish beliefs people have. It's not - it's about rubbishing the needless privileges that are afforded to churches that already make obscene sums of money as businesses.

Oh man, all the best with the evacuations.

JESUS SAVES!!
you money on your tax bill

6344102_700b.jpg

3 cheers for Cheesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom