• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
His track record makes this completely unsurprising. Also, a four year deal is knee-slappingly funny, he's already 31.

In other, sadder, NRL news, Jon Mannah has passed away from Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He was 23.

Super sad about Jon Mannah. So young.

But yeah it's not super smart contracting someone till they're 35, but he's been pretty key to Manly's success the last few years. You'd have to think he's worth the money for at least this and next season.

Actually, he's only getting 500k per season. Seems pretty low for someone of Lyon's caliber. Maybe the length is just the way of getting the money he's worth?

Schnitz-Schnitzel-Meal-Beer.jpg
Fucking hell, wish I was near Melbourne right now :(

I had completely forgotten about that. Law or not, it's dodgy as hell. Doesn't the Assembly of God own Gloria Jeans? I've tried to avoid their coffee since hearing that.
They donate a bunch of money to anti-gay groups too. That was when I told the wife she/we couldn't go there any more.

In other, sadder, NRL news, Jon Mannah has passed away from Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He was 23.
Too fucking young :(

JESUS SAVES!!
you money on your tax bill

Simpsons_3F16_Hutz_1.png

Danoss

But yeah it's not super smart contracting someone till they're 35, but he's been pretty key to Manly's success the last few years. You'd have to think he's worth the money for at least this and next season.

Actually, he's only getting 500k per season. Seems pretty low for someone of Lyon's caliber. Maybe the length is just the way of getting the money he's worth?

It's not smart at all. Lote Tiquiri has recently shown how quickly you can go downhill.

I think that 500k is going to seem very high indeed to the Titans quite soon.

Stackboy

Thats fine, so long as you dont start a tax rort.

edit: also, Im surprised by your tone. It seems you have taken this conversation as an attempt to rubbish beliefs people have. It's not - it's about rubbishing the needless privileges that are afforded to churches that already make obscene sums of money as businesses.

There was no tone. I just felt the need to speak up.

4 years is way to long to lock down somone over 30 in the NRL. He might play at at the top of his game for longer than that but even if thats the case shorter term deals are way smarter.

Yagharek

There was no tone. I just felt the need to speak up.

Fair enough, but just to reiterate this is not having a go at your beliefs or anyone elses, just the notorious cash rorts going on. If the various churches still operated as charities then it would be a different story, but they buy up big in real estate and operate multinational businesses in entirely unrelated fields. That horse has long since bolted, it's time they were taxed as profit making companies are.

Stackboy

Fair enough, but just to reiterate this is not having a go at your beliefs or anyone elses, just the notorious cash rorts going on. If the various churches still operated as charities then it would be a different story, but they buy up big in real estate and operate multinational businesses in entirely unrelated fields. That horse has long since bolted, it's time they were taxed as profit making companies are.

Yep, I understand that.

I'M PRAYING RIGHT NOW FOR ALL OF YOU HAHAHA!!

Rep: Where is that schnitzel from? I'm in Melbourne and can probably buy one for myself and maybe post one to you as well.

Dat Schnitz! The wife and I attended the one on Elizabeth St just up from Lord of the Fries. Fuck I would love another one. No point if it isn't fresh and still hot out of the kitchen though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom