• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceblade

Is it just me, or is Left 4 Dead 2 magically not censored any more? Corpses aren't disappearing and I'm getting full gore. Anyone else?

jambo

Is it just me, or is Left 4 Dead 2 magically not censored any more? Corpses aren't disappearing and I'm getting full gore. Anyone else?

XSyfJ.gif

Clipper

I'm thinking of getting Star Trek: Fleet Captains and its sequel in that Milsims sale. They might take forever to get stuff back into stock, but every in-stock or pre-order game I've ordered with them has been in my hands within a week. I'm really happy with their service.

I've also got to say I'm amazed at Mighty Ape's service from their recent massive sale (which I think has ended now). I ordered on Tuesday and they arrived yesterday. I'm now a proud owner of Star Trek Catan and some of the Bang! games...

Kritz

Banned
I have always wanted to try out Munchkin.

Has their sale started already or is it tomorrow? Because everything on their site looks discounted.

Munchkin is $30. ... any other boardgames that are good for 3+ players that don't take longer than a turn or two to learn?

Danoss

Munchkin is $30. ... any other boardgames that are good for 3+ players that don't take longer than a turn or two to learn?

Munchkin is fun for about the length of one game, which is far too long. All the in-jokes are no longer funny and you're left with a pretty terrible game where setting it alight would be too good for it.

Citadels, which works with up to 7 players with a sweet spot around 5. The rules are simple enough to fit on one playing card.

7 Wonders is also excellent and accommodates up to 7 players. It takes about 1 (relatively short) game for everything to click into place in everyone's heads; my advice is do not play this with less than 4 players.

Galaxy Trucker will have everyone in stitches as long as they have a sense of humour. Players should be able to laugh at the game screwing them over in the most spectacular way possible.

7 Wonders is also excellent and accommodates up to 7 players. It takes about 1 (relatively short) game for everything to click into place in everyone's heads; my advice is do not play this with less than 4 players.
Been reading about 7 Wonders and Alhambra played as two player games with a third 'dummy' player. You or anyone else tried this?

Kritz

Banned
I say 3+ players because 3 players is the usual amount of players I have at any one time. Exception being Dark Heresy nights with friends. I'm giving munchkin a go because who knows. At this point $30 is worth amusing my curiosity if nothing else.

Danoss

Been reading about 7 Wonders and Alhambra played as two player games with a third 'dummy' player. You or anyone else tried this?

Never seen or played Alhambra, so no help there.

Not sure how 7 Wonders would go with dummy players. Even with one of them, I'm not sure if that would be enough. I like the game with a minimum of 4 because that means there is a player that someone can not interact with, it makes it much more interesting.

I say 3+ players because 3 players is the usual amount of players I have at any one time. Exception being Dark Heresy nights with friends. I'm giving munchkin a go because who knows. At this point $30 is worth amusing my curiosity if nothing else.

You can always gift it to someone you hate afterwards. Just make sure that person won't want you to play it with them.

Wow how fucking drunk am I?
The intro CGI video for Fable 3 is fantastic.
Then it cuts to ingame cutscene that runs at like 10FPS and is blurry as all fuck.

Or am I just wasted? I almost vomited when my butler tried to get me out of bed <_>

The input lag is huge and the screen is constantly tearing. What the hell.

This game is terrible, why didn't I buy it on PC, at least then it would run better. Fuck it, I'm going back to watching Die Another Day.

Kritz

Banned
EB sale is pretty good. Shadows of the Damned is $9, also found Ghost Trick for $14!

Also
20130118_1743241dylw.jpg

Hai Kritz!

oh is that how much the dlc is selling for? Not bad considering how much the actual game costs.

... wait, that's... the

aw shit

--

EDIT: the intro to fable 3 is prerendered man

Dead Man

You mean Elias Koteas? They guy who was going to be the leading man of the 90's before he lost his hair?

Prophecy+5.jpg

33k1nfiujw1owjof.jpg

Still a damn shame he doesn't get more lead roles, the guy is a great actor.

I thought he was great in The Thin Red Line, and recently in Let Me In & Defendor.

Anyway why you watching Collateral Damage Shaneus? It is one of Arnie's worst movies :(

I'm watching it too :p

There were alot of good performances in The Thin Red Line, Nolte and Harelson spring to mind immediately. I think Cavazesiel or however you spell it wasn't hat great tho.

Shaneus

Dude... IMDB?

... and now I know Nolan North and Chris Evans were in the 2007 TMNT...
Well, I couldn't post how awesome I am with guessing shit if I'd looked it up beforehand, could I?

Anyway why you watching Collateral Damage Shaneus? It is one of Arnie's worst movies :(
It's on TV, obviously :p And I'm not really watching it, it's just on in the background.

You mean Elias Koteas? They guy who was going to be the leading man of the 90's before he lost his hair?

Still a damn shame he doesn't get more lead roles, the guy is a great actor.
Yes and yes. But every time I hear his voice, all I can hear is "The class is Pain 101. Your instructor is Casey Jones." No other lines from TMNT, just those.
Sadly, probably all too true about the hair :(

Die Another Day seems to shift quickly between fucking awful and delightfully droll at the drop of a hat. Not sure what to make of it.

In general it feels like it exists due to contractual agreements.

John Cleese is fantastic in it though.

Jeez a lot of it is terrible though. Invisible car, ffs :/

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm watching it too :p

There are a lot of good performances in The Thin Red Line, Nolte and Harelson spring to mind immediately. I think Cavazesiel or however you spell it wasn't hat great tho.

The performances in The Thin Red Line are so good. Even the characters that only appear for one or two scenes are memorable. Good example - that last scene with george clooney and the short sequence between john cusack and nick nolte... sogood.gif

It's a shame that so MANY performances from different actors like Billy Bob Thornton, Martin Sheen, Gary Oldman Viggo Mortensen Mickey Rourke etc were cut though, would have loved to have seen their performances. Probably needed to be 5-hours long to have them all in the film. Well in any case, the film is as perfect as a film can be either way. So it's no big deal that we never got the mythical 5-hour cut.>_<

Axiom

So my 18 y/o unofficial sister just found out tonight her 19 year old boyfriend has a brain tumor, and it's been sitting there undiagnosed for so long he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving the urgent operation tomorrow.

He's been going to the doctors all the time, and even been in hospital complaining about this stuff. He even had a brain scan two weeks ago and somehow the Doctor missed a tumor the size of a golf ball.

Fuck cancer.

Dead Man

So my 18 y/o unofficial sister just found out tonight her 19 year old boyfriend has a brain tumor, and it's been sitting there undiagnosed for so long he's got a 50/50 chance of surviving the urgent operation tomorrow.

He's been going to the doctors all the time, and even been in hospital complaining about this stuff. He even had a brain scan two weeks ago and somehow the Doctor missed a tumor the size of a golf ball.

Fuck cancer.

Shit. Sorry to hear that, best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom