• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put that one on the list! Don't watch much BMX stuff these days, the skating & surfing vids usually come out when I catch up with an old uni mate who collects them. EDIT: Oh nice, I love the 30 for 30 series!

The Vodaphone Cricket app sent through a poll question something along the lines of "Is it a farce that play hasn't restarted?" about 5 minutes before they called the game off lol

Danoss

We diiiiid the haunting and the edge of darkness? The creepy 20's setting was cool, and losing sanity is always hilarious. And not having to worry about loot was kind of relieving tbh. I mean, it's nice to get but we always take forever organizing it all. I am super excited if you plan on running an ausgaf game! Let me know when you figure out details!

They're the exact scenarios I was going to run! I was planning to use a more modern rulset, however the vibe would've been about the same. Both The Haunting and Edge of Darkness are (good) introductory adventures in the back of the CoC rulebook. They're cool because they're short and give new players a good feeling for how the game works without being too deadly, unless players are a bit too gung-ho and forgo any investigating.

No loot is so good for both sides of the table. The GM doesn't have to find and designate loot appropriate for each character and neither side is keeping track of the ever inflating numbers. The numbers part is the most infuriating; player stats go up making it easier to hit and do more damage, but the enemies defenses and health pools also go up making the whole exercise pointless aside from allowing players to indulge in power fantasies.

I will advise when I plan to run the next game, especially since you were one of the few who egged me on to do so in the first place. It's back to the drawing board for the moment since all I have outside of that are considerably longer scenarios. I might have to try and tackle something a bit larger and see how that goes.

I'll put that one on the list! Don't watch much BMX stuff these days, the skating & surfing vids usually come out when I catch up with an old uni mate who collects them. EDIT: Oh nice, I love the 30 for 30 series!

Sorry should have prefaced the post that it was a doco.

I've seen Rad and BMX Bandits, do they count?

How could it not.

I seriously shouldn't have clicked the link. Talk about first world problems. Seriously who actually uses internet cafes these days.

Kritz

Banned
Every time I scroll past one of his posts I think it's me posting.

There was literally someone on this forum who used one of my avatars. As in, I drew it. It was an avatar I drew for myself. And someone else just decided to copy paste it as his own.

That was weird. I didn't even tell him to stop, because I was honestly stunned anyone would think my artwork was anything other than terrible.

Just hope you don't get the .GIF of the guy getting his ripped off with a chainsaw by cartel drug lords.

Oh wait, I forgot this wasn't reddit.

Deeku

ugh flight delay, damn qantas! some luggage guy decided to reverse his truck into the plane, scuffing some paint or something.. so we ended up sitting in the stationary plane for 2+ hours while they had to find an engineer to say "oh we're not allowed to try and fix that bit"...

then im sat next to some girl who goes "hey do i know you from uni?" and im like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...?????!" so that was a fun 8 hours

i watched that baseball movie with clint eastwood, was good.

and i missed the cricket

and im not ready for my meetings and interviews this week

fml

jambo

Avatar quote. You stinkin robot.

H1Rq3Yt.png

Kritz

Banned
Finished Asura's Wrath. Now I have to buy the last quarter of the game from the PSN store.

I started playing that game but really, really didn't care for it. And I was pretty darn open going into it with the mindset of, this will be a dumb QTE game.

But then it was also a really bad god of war game. And you know, when the core interaction in a game is QTEs and God of War, I kind of expected the story to be less... anime. It was just straight up nonsense - and not the nonsense I appreciate.

And it was the little things as well, such as how you got some big fucking text infodumps after every chapter. How there seemed to be two menus too many between acts. It ruined the pacing of an already dull experience, and I really have no motivation to go back and keep playing to see if it gets better.

I forget what chapter I finished on. Um. So, the main character, Pepsi, lives in a world where if you are the first person seen near a dead person, you are of course the person who killed that person. Then you get thrown to the big pole in Dragon Ball, where a golden spider follows you because ?????????? so you climb into the future and now all the other Pepsis have rebranded but you're still Old Pepsi so people fight you but now EVIL is there and your daugter is a wizard and then you shoot a space ship with its own missiles.

So, in short, I don't think I will buy DLC for this game because that game isn't very good, and I wasn't even expecting to play a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom