• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kritz

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Anyway, the thing about crazy fanboys is that they're always crazy, regardless of whether or not they're drowned out by the deafening roar of orthodoxy. Crazy SONY Sony fans didn't seem so crazy last gen because they were on the winning team and reality seemed to agree with their talking points. For a few generations, it was crazed Nintendo fans who were naked and exposed by the cold harsh light of day. Next generation, it might be Xbox or Apple fanchildren who find themselves outed as insane zealots.

Thankfully the master race reigns supreme in the train of shit we call home; we are fueled by lunacy, not hindered. I should be doing my assignments.

Kritz said:
Thankfully the master race reigns supreme in the train of shit we call home; we are fueled by lunacy, not hindered. I should be doing my assignments.
Fanboys are best revealed by their meltdowns. What would this thread be like if Tony Abbott became PM?

jambo

Kritz said:
I'm new to this whole catch thing. Or whatever they're doing at the moment, anyway. Is it like woot where something goes on sale up until it runs out of stock, then moves on to the next item? Or is there a time limit for each item?

Or is it just... deal a day.

It's normally a great deal every day, with some lesser deals for that day as well.

Then there are special days like today and tomorrow, where they have amazing items at crazy prices every hour for 12 hours. Only issue is, thousands and thousands of people try to get on and buy a $199 PS3 when they only have like 500 in stock.

Yagharek

As far as fanboy shit goes, I find the android vs apple zealot debate to be mind numbingly stupid. Lawsuit "analysis" being one of their favourite battlegrounds.

At least sony vs sega vs nintendo vs microsoft have redeemable qualities in terms of content and interesting games to talk about.

Clipper

For CotD newbs, annoyances are compounded that you have to be lucky enough to get served with every click you make. That is, the order click, the Submit Order click and the confirm order click. Any of those could fail due to server overload and you need to start again.

It seems to be especially bad today. Even though the first deal was just a pair of $5 headphones, it's still down. Usually it returns to normal about 10 minutes after the deal once everyone gives up.

Clipper

DeathJr said:
Nah, I pulled over. Too many coppers about today.
In all seriousness, you are not going to get any of these deals on a 3G connection. It's simply impossible. Hope that the deals you want are going to be placed later in the day when you can be seated at a PC and you'll have a chance (a tiny one).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
codswallop said:
Lite 'n' Easy sucks if you don't eat meat. My wife tried it for a couple of months six or seven years ago and she was constantly delivered food containing meat. What are you supposed to do then? They wouldn't redeliver. So, just eat nothing then?

Plus I thought the food tasted terrible and was boring, but to each their own. *goes back to lard cooked in butter*

Agreed, I tried it briefly and the meals were just bland. I couldn't stand it, It was like eating cardboard for the sake of losing weight. And whilst I should lose some weight, I'd rather be happy as I am now and have a good time, then be bored.

Clipper said:
In all seriousness, you are not going to get any of these deals on a 3G connection. It's simply impossible. Hope that the deals you want are going to be placed later in the day when you can be seated at a PC and you'll have a chance (a tiny one).
I know, no harm in trying though. I don't get home until 6pm. I just want the Nerf rifle, can anyone in Melbourne buy one for me?

jambo

Just saw the graphical options screen for BF3

14ui8.jpg

HHHNNNNNNGGGG

midonnay

jambo said:
Source? That's crazy cheap!

I'd have to ask him....but I assume its refurbished or something >_>

but isn't that what catch of the day do? how can they afford to sell for hundreds of dollars off when console margins are supposed to be razor thin....

HolyCheck said:
Agreed, I tried it briefly and the meals were just bland. I couldn't stand it, It was like eating cardboard for the sake of losing weight. And whilst I should lose some weight, I'd rather be happy as I am now and have a good time, then be bored.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Some of the food was OK but most was so dull I could only imagine people lost weight because they didn't want to eat it.

Fredescu

midonnay said:
You can pay more for bricked ones on Ebay.

midonnay said:
but isn't that what catch of the day do? how can they afford to sell for hundreds of dollars off when console margins are supposed to be razor thin....
I'm sure they take a loss for the publicity.

jambo

midonnay said:

No. Catch of the Day are pretty much the biggest online store in Australia. They have nearly 1 million members and they always take big hits on items like the PS3 to gain publicity.

Clipper

I'm surprised by tehe dislike of L'n'E, really. I went in assuming the worst. That the food would be poor and boring. On the contrary, I love most of the meals and there is really only a couple of items that I find bland. Those items are typically compensated for by other nice stuff and I just avoid the ones I dislike by going for the alternative options on those days.

The fact that you get a wide range of meals without having to compromise is what makes it work for me. It's great to have bacon and eggs or omelettes for breakfast on occasion, with options like healthy pizzas and plenty of lovely wraps and stuff for lunch.

Perhaps the food in Sydney L'n'E is better than other states or something, though.

Marshmellow said:
Order confirmed, thanks for shopping with us!

SUCCESS NERF GUN!
Damnit. I forgot to check. And the servers are working properly too...

midonnay

I see....but then how does it print money?

lose money on the ps3s and then sell 100k sunglasses?

must be only like 10 consoles on offer....do they actually say how many?

jambo

Nerf sold out in 1 minute :lol

EDIT: My bet is they have a few hundred PS3s at the most, maybe even just a hundred.

midonnay said:
I see....but then how does it print money?

lose money on the ps3s and then sell 100k sunglasses?

must be only like 10 consoles on offer....do they actually say how many?
They lose money on PS3s but gain thousands of new subscribers who might buy other stuff.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's a shame the BF3 graphics don't look all that crash hot in the beta. Certainly some missing textures / features going on there.

Kritz said:
CTR was always superior /fanboy
This man knows what is fucking up. HD release would be creamy goodness.

Omi said:
Edit: Anyone listened to Grace for Drowning by Steven Wilson yet?
It is good but I haven't had enough time to devote a full hour to listen to it in one sitting.

evlcookie said:
They got me for $20 a month. I realized after that it is tax deductible so that should help me reduce the cost I owe the tax dept every year I earn interest. Hopefully will come in handy for next years tax.
I'm donating $30 a month to the Conservation Society since they helped make some noise about putting the toxic waste dump up near where I grew up which helped shut down the moronic proposal. Also:
fappenmeister said:
How attractive was the girl who asked you? Must have been a stunner.
10/10 stunner. I HAD to let her in the door and listen to her beautiful voice. I only realised when I looked at my bank statement that I had signed up. Damn it.

Shaneus said:
What's everyone's preference? I think I've made it widely known that I'm a plain/raspberry guy but I'm also a fan of the choc/cherry (non-jam) ones.
Cherry ripe without a doubt.
5362978301_69c2a56ab4.jpg

3chopl0x said:
Where did you find this variety? It's beautiful :O
Safeway. They are a half pack but are in the same section as the big packs. Couldn't find a google image of the pack so I'll stop off at the supermarket and take a picture. Might only be down here in Victoria? the factory is in Donald after all.

Top Bottom