• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Jintor

That's money dollars D:

Extra $50 or $40 on most other roughly equivalent SSD's... is the performance boost insane or something?

Jintor said:
That's money dollars D:

Extra $50 or $40 on most other roughly equivalent SSD's... is the performance boost insane or something?
Highest level of reliability (which really is only a rare issue with SSD's anyway) and great speed with the latest firmware. Worth the premium.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
Highest level of reliability (which really is only a rare issue with SSD's anyway) and great speed with the latest firmware. Worth the premium.

I'll see how much cash I can junk...

Kerrby

Banned
Saw this on Facebook:

So everyone guess what I just did? Spent fifteen minutes close to tears and devastated thinking my cat was going to die because she has ticks. But it's ok, because she doesn't have ticks, she has nipples! Ahuh, I know, sometimes I too wonder where it all went so very wrong for me.

.....hahahaha.

Such a shitty day at work. Thankfully stopped off to get a head shave up the road. The chick was going over and over my head for about 20 mins to make sure it was all perfect. Since she was a trainee I didn't even get charged! Always do a great job there, walk straight in and sit down. Only $13 for a shave.

Went to the beach since it was so nice down here but the clouds started to come in as we reached the water. FUCK IT IS STILL COLD. Always forget the water doesn't warm up until December. Little guy was in heaven though, thought he would have hated the cold. Kept trying to chase the tide back into the ocean on his hands and knees. I can see him spending most of his days down there. The gf knows how to surf too which could come in handy.

Made burgers for dinner. Sweet chili sauce, cream cheese and avocado with burger, lettuce, cheese and tomato. So good. Forgot to take a snap of the cookies sorry, here is a picture of an empty pack that made its way into my stomach over the weekend!
kookajj5a.jpg
5pic11.png

Limp Bizkit really should have just released a 4 track EP with Gold Cobra, Shark Attack, Get A Life and Shotgun. The rest of the album is the epitome of medicore but that little 16 minute block is fantastic. My flash plugin is broken so I can't youtube link the songs right now.

The gf ordered some glasses from Clearly Contacts on Friday and they arrived today which is fantastic speed. The moron I am put a negative rather than a plus so one of the lenses are wrong. She called them up and they are replacing them free of charge, even sending out a reply paid package for it. They look great and seem to be of high quality. Cost around $70 including all the coatings on the lenses. Highly recommended.

3chopl0x said:
Do people actually want Zelda to 'graduate'/change though?

Why fix something that isn't broken?
Why pay another $60 for the same thing? You could just replay the game you already own. I know that isn't what you mean but that is how it feels to me now.
Basically gamers have seen gaming change immensely over a short period of time with graphics improving exponentially and gameplay techniques across genres changing with new technology. To be honest Zelda is just in that middle ground treading water. If they went in either direction, a cut back DD release in the vein of LttP styling or a cutting edge HD blockbuster like Uncharted, I think they would get a wider appreciation but as it is PLENTY of people are happy with the series and Nintendo would be insane to change it while it still brings in the megabucks. It is not for me but I can see why it is so popular and can't really say anything negative of it.

Kerrby said:
.....hahahaha.
hahahahhahaha!

Planet_JASE said:
Arkham City here I come!!! :)
Suda51!!! Shinji Mikami!!! Akira Yamaoka!!! The atmosphere of a Suda game with the gameplay of an evolved Resident Evil 4 with the hauntingly beautiful soundtrack of the masterful Silent Hill composer!!!

elfinke

So chumps, while grabbing some Thai for dinner I detoured into Coles and found these Kookas. $3.89.

Despite hearing they're the lesser of the two varieties I grabbed the chocolate raspberry flavoured ones. (/edit - they look nothing like the packet posted above though).

So, they're pretty good, like a wagon wheel essentially. They're not in the same tier as Montes or homemade biscuits, but perhaps are in another category altogether - I see myself enjoying them as morning or afternoon tea, as opposed to with a coffee.

Tl:dr - kooka biscuits met expectations and I am not suffering GAF-burn.

Kirby102

If this Kooka's phenomenon is as underwhelming as frozen Creme Eggs (sorry guys), then I'mma rage. I'll try this at work, would be good for my coffee time. Do they sell them in IGAs?

Also I managed to nab some cheap UE200 earphones from CotD for $10 (yeah I didn't see the cheap/free postage code on OzBargain FFFUU-)

Oh well.

Shaneus

The chocolate overpowers the biscuit itself, I find. I still have them, but they're overly sweet and really only good for when you don't want to eat a whole packet.

Kirbs, they sell them at my local IGA. You should be set. Make sure to check the fresh-baked section though... one time I thought they stopped selling them until I checked somewhere that wasn't the biscuit area.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
New AMD Catalyst preview drivers, motherfuckers! 11.10 preview out.

Hope this improves F1 2011.

11.10 preview? 11.9 isn't even out and i'm using that preview version.

How odd.

Ah 11.10 seem to be the BF3 driver, Interesting.

Shaneus said:
The chocolate overpowers the biscuit itself, I find. I still have them, but they're overly sweet and really only good for when you don't want to eat a whole packet.

fat-kid.jpg

YOU...EAT...A...WHOLE...PACKET...IN...ONE...SHOT???

I can barely have 3 in a day...they're so overwhelming.

Dead Man

Haven't seen the Kooka's in any of my regular shops, but these are godly:

product_cottage3.jpg

Anyone tried both that can offer a comparison as to which is better?

Ahhh..cottage cookies, had these a lot when I first arrived here...double choc chip and triple choc chip. The cookies from subway are better than these ones though.

You can't compare these with Kookas, they're totally different.

Jintor

Dead Man said:
Haven't seen the Kooka's in any of my regular shops, but these are godly:

product_cottage3.jpg

Anyone tried both that can offer a comparison as to which is better?

I'll rally behind these...

though I don't eat biscuits anymore these days.

Kerrby

Banned
VOOK said:
Just put it on my Facebook too for lulz.

If you get any bites post reactions.

I got a packet of Kookas Raspberry Cookies today, you know... the good kind.

iW2ab.jpg
fU4dk.jpg
Yeah they'll be gone tomorrow.

Deeku

3chopl0x said:
Is there anyway to watch it online? I need to see this.
Someone with the skills should just cut the part where Bern talks, and some of his face shots I guess lol.

The program on the whole was pretty boring. And the "hacker" guests were idiots.

Shaneus

DeathJr said:
http://thestuff.nakatomiinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fat-kid.jpg[IMG]

YOU...EAT...A...WHOLE...PACKET...IN...ONE...SHOT???

I can barely have 3 in a day...they're so overwhelming.[/QUOTE]
I have before. Twice. Each time I was either extremely hungover or sick.

Cured both.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
11.10 preview? 11.9 isn't even out and i'm using that preview version.

How odd.

Ah 11.10 seem to be the BF3 driver, Interesting.
I know, right? I was holding out for 11.9 but if they've released 11.10p (which I assume contains everything that 11.9 full has) then what's the point?

Deeku

Bernbaum said:
I'm in the Foreign Correspondent's Club in Phnom Penh on pub wifi.

HOW DID MY HAIR LOOK?
Stunning!

Also, I'm not familiar with this Colbert Show thing but Thom and co didn't really look like they wanted to be there. Thom also looks like a bum and needs to stop scratching.

Performances were amazing though.

commanderdeek said:
Stunning!

Also, I'm not familiar with this Colbert Show thing but Thom and co didn't really look like they wanted to be there. Thom also looks like a bum and needs to stop scratching.

Performances were amazing though.
Their shows are always 10/10. Stupid amount of talent in their bones.

The fact that they were on the show is evidence enough that they are huge fans as they don't do shit unless they want to. Hell, they haven't done an interview in 10 years unless they want to, let alone be on a satricial political show. I would assume they get along well with Colbert and wanted to give him a bit of a ratings boost. Like they said, they sell less records these days but make a shitload more money.

Top Bottom