• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Echoplx

Wow that Insight show is total bullshit :lol

15 yr old 'Hacktivist' claiming to have taken down the prime ministers (uk) website.. this is just.. lol

Why did someone from ausgaf go on this show!?

jambo

ClivePwned said:
never heard router pronounced rhyming with hooter. sorry, guys.

I'm fairly sure some Poms say it like that.

reptilescorpio said:
Makes sense since that is where our weather comes from

I jinxed it, black clouds are rolling over the CBD as I type.

markot

Banned
3chopl0x said:

15 yr old 'Hacktivist' claiming to have taken down the prime ministers (uk) website.. this is just.. lol

Why did someone from ausgaf go on this show!?
He was the 15 year old!!

jambo

midonnay said:
don't remember wasn't it do with chatting up another ausgaffer's sister?

NkMYZ.jpg

Deeku

3chopl0x said:

The best was when he said he just took down sbs.com.au and the host was like "..ok".

I found it pretty hard to watch, as with any program that tries to talk about internet nonsense/videogames seriously.

But once I heard "NeoGAF", it was all worth it.

Bethesda has announced the voice cast for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and it includes some pretty impressive talent. Distinguished actors, actresses, and Academy Award nominees such as Max Von Sydow (The Exorcist), Christopher Plummer (The Insider), and Joan Allen (The Contender) slum it alongside some actors who will likely remain regulars on the sci-fi convention circuit (if they're lucky) like: Michael Hogan (Battlestar Galactica), Claudia Christian (Babylon 5), Vladimir Kulich (Smoking Aces). Wonder Woman Lynda Carter also appears in the game as one of the Nord heroes.

Wow.

elfinke

Speaking of Skyrim, my brother would like to know where the best place to preorder it from is. Any suggestions? I noticed it isn't on greenman or cdkeys.

Jintor

New SSD can't come soon enough. I absent-mindedly tried to install something only to be informed that, thanks to Microsoft's arcane OS magics, I now had 0kb free on C:

Agyar

I am addicted to Gears of War 3 multiplayer, to the detriment of my ability to remember how to play Deus Ex. I booted it up again this afternoon to try and finish off the area I was in (and get back into it after a week's hiatus) and struggled to press the right buttons. Going straight from frenzied rolling and snapping off shotgun blasts to hiding and waiting behind crates was just too much for my tired brain to deal with this afternoon.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jintor said:
New SSD can't come soon enough. I absent-mindedly tried to install something only to be informed that, thanks to Microsoft's arcane OS magics, I now had 0kb free on C:
Have you turned off hibernation and moved the page file to another drive?

Jintor

evlcookie said:
Have you turned off hibernation and moved the page file to another drive?

Eh, I'll just practice MvC3 tonight instead. Deleted some files to get some breathing space if I want to watch Streams or something, but that's it.

Stuff should be here tommorrow...

Shaneus said:
They slow down so you get to see them a bit better, IMO.

Well honestly, watching them on a big TV is better. You can only see the cars coming for a couple of seconds, then they disappear for a few minutes. It's weird staring at empty space all that time...more people actually watch the giant screens than the actual tracks.

Waikis

Jintor said:
Eh, I'll just practice MvC3 tonight instead. Deleted some files to get some breathing space if I want to watch Streams or something, but that's it.

Stuff should be here tommorrow...

Wut an ausgaffer actually play MAHVEL? are you playing on 360/ps3?

Agyar

I thought those issues that required SSDs to essentially not get used were a thing of the past now or does everyone still turn off paging files/indexes/clear their RAM/grease with snake oil.

Jintor

Waikis said:
Wut an ausgaffer actually play MAHVEL? are you playing on 360/ps3?

360... but no Live. So shithouse, basically.

Going to a tournie next next saturday, but just gonna play casuals

RandomVince said:
And another rant/view I'd prefer to post as a topic on gaming side, but I'm afraid it would be spun into a fanboy battle so I won't post it ......

Looking at all the recent threads on "Was my XBox Live/Windows Live account just hacked?" and a similar one on PSN, plus the PSN hacking debacle earlier this year, it makes me wonder whether we should have unified accounts at all?

The consequences for XBL people who have their accounts hacked seems to be a locked account for a month while MS do "research", and Sony conduct an "investigation", decide they won't refund, then ban the user when they go to their bank for a refund for stolen funds. So a PSN user would wind up unable to ever use their PSN content on a new system if (more like when) their console fails.

And yet despite this, there is still the much derided Wii Shop that has not been hacked, not been compromised and users have not had their account details stolen. For those who have used a DSi -> 3DS transfer tool, it's a hell of a lot more secure to have it all based on the system. You could still afford to have an online avatar/username that is universal across all games, but you dont need to worry about that and all your games and your account itself stolen/banned because of inept security.

What I would feel safe using is this:

Games tied to unique ID of the system itself (serial number)
Register this with the manufacturer so you can transfer to another system if needs be
Online persona/username is not tied to the content itself
That means all users can play the DD games
Shop purchases are handled at the hardware level, not user account level and CC numbers are not saved to the account. This makes it essentially a 'secure' service a la Amazon/Book Depository etc.

I don't trust the obviously compromised systems PSN and XBL use at the moment, especially when they are trying to make them more ubiquitous with wp7, PS-suite, curiosity (I refuse to spell it their way) and live anywhere. Theyre all proving to be incompetent and corrupt.
Late on this one but I pretty much agree with this. I was reading the recent thread about someones Gamertag getting stolen and got a little worried the same could happen to me one day. I'm kinda glad my Wii doesn't have a profile that someone could steal to get access to all the games I've downloaded for it. Same for my 3DS and DSi.

I think the 3DS is kinda a step in the right direction for Nintendo (having a Username that applies to all games is something they should have done since day one). Heck if they just added online messaging and tighten a few things up with the online store their online set up would be perfect for me.

Has AusGAF fallen out of love with Kooka yet?
kookabulk8u50.jpg

kookalovesme8u6l.jpg

New Safeway also had Tigger bread which is soooo good. Picked up some Hommus and gave the little guy a go, loved it. Ended up with it all over his face but thankfully no reactions. Had tried egg and peanuts with him a few months ago with no dramas so hopefully it is a sign he won't have any allergies.

Shaneus said:
(PS. Love that they put Senna and Prost seating next to each other, ahaha)
That reminds me, I need to hardcode some subtitles into that Senna movie for my Dad before he gets here this weekend as he is super interested in it.

My Bastion Soundtrack download link has expired and I can't be arsed ripping the CD so I jumped into ffshrine and downloaded it. I think my laziness has hit its peak.

EBGames price matched Harvey Normans current sale on MS 1500 point cards. $19 when they are usually $24.50 on the XBL store and I used my 10% staff discount so it only ended up being $17.10, now all the XBLA games seem much cheaper to me. Might be time to check out ilomilo for 400 points.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Has AusGAF fallen out of love with Kooka yet?
http://www.abload.de/img/kookabulk8u50.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/kookalovesme8u6l.jpg[IMG]
New Safeway also had Tigger bread which is soooo good. Picked up some Hommus and gave the little guy a go, loved it. Ended up with it all over his face but thankfully no reactions. Had tried egg and peanuts with him a few months ago with no dramas so hopefully it is a sign he won't have any allergies.[/quote]
I noticed they were on sale today and was about to post here. Managed to score a packet with jam overflow all up in this bitch.
[quote]That reminds me, I need to hardcode some subtitles into that Senna movie for my Dad before he gets here this weekend as he is super interested in it.[/quote]
Have you seen it? Such a fucking good doco. Shame it's such a bitch to find the extended version with subs anywhere (at least, since I last looked... a few months back).

Shaneus said:
Have you seen it? Such a fucking good doco. Shame it's such a bitch to find the extended version with subs anywhere (at least, since I last looked... a few months back).
Yeah I flicked through and they did a damn good job. Just have to hardcode so it is Dad proof to watch when he gets back home. Still remember playing Senna F1 on the Sega Master System with him as a kid.

Top Bottom