• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Gazunta

I'm looking forward to selling my comics for the Fire on the Amazon stohahahahah sorry i couldn't even finish that sentence. God damn it Amazon I want to give you money why do I have to be a US citizen.

Omikron

codswallop said:
LA Noire on PC, eh? Does anyone care any more?

I'll buy it for $1.

Also, good article by David Marr on Bolt.

and....

Bolt's own take.

elfinke said:
Hahahahaha, poor Titus (not really). He was such a clusterfuck at Newcastle; the frustration he used to cause my Toon friends was always a joy to see and hear. His career has had an about face at Sunderland... and now this. Still scoring own goals of some sort eh? Just can't help himself apparently!

One might suggest he can't help getting caught in possession....

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Does anyone else secretly think that the possibility of the PSV becoming a PS3 port machine can only be a good thing? I haven't played a game on my consoles in months.
Yeah, just like the 3ds is a Wii/ds port machine.

Omikron

Just dumped my extra cash I had sitting around into the mortgage account so I wouldn't be tempted to replace m PC monitor that has a slightly broken power button.

:x

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Today already sucks and it's only 10am.

Stupid uni and the ramping up of orders again along with being on my own. Sigggghhhhh

midonnay

Omi said:

this part is pretty damning :/

But Bolt's lawyers had to concede even before this case began in the Federal Court that nine of these named "white Aborigines" had identified as black from childhood. All nine proceeded to court to say they didn't make the choice down the track, but were raised as Aborigines. Their evidence was not contested by Bolt or his paper.

So, as we say in this trade: no story.

Yet Bolt went at it with mockery, derision and sarcasm. They are Judge Bromberg's words. He added: "I accept that the language utilised in the newspaper articles was inflammatory and provocative."

Here's Bolt on Larissa Behrendt: "She's won many positions and honours as an Aborigine, including the David Unaipon Award for Indigenous Writers, and is often interviewed demanding special rights for 'my people'. But which people are 'yours', exactly, mein liebchen? And isn't it bizarre to demand laws to give you more rights as a white Aborigine than your own white dad?"

Among the problems here are that Behrendt's father was a black Australian, not a white German. And like all the others, Behrendt was raised black. Judge Bromberg wrote: "She denies Mr Bolt's suggestion that she chose to be Aboriginal and says that she never had a choice, she has always been Aboriginal and has 'identified as Aboriginal since before I can remember'." Bolt didn't contest her evidence.

The nine chose not to sue. They did not want damages but a public correction and a promise not to print such stuff again. So they brought an action under the Racial Discrimination Act, which has embedded in it a strong freedom-of-speech defence: insulting or humiliating people because of their race or colour is not unlawful when it is done "reasonably and in good faith" in pursuit of a matter of public interest.

wow, at this newsreader......

A SOUTH African radio newsreader has committed career suicide by swearing 13 times during a news bulletin while working the graveyard shift.

Mark Esterhuysen, who was reading the 1am Eyewitness News bulletin, launched into a bizarre profanity-laden rant in which he used the F-word repeatedly, the South African Press Association reports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iP9OO34Ld8

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Hobby
Until I get 50,000 readers a day or Warner Brothers buy the rights to make a Presidog movie, starring Dave Foley as the presidogtial advisor and Ben Affleck as the Russian President

LINK TO THE PAST (of me making comics)
I want to see an Oliver Stone-type movie about John F. Kennedog. Or maybe something where Presidog has to deal with a terrierist attack and a hunt for weapons of mass dogstruction.

Kirby102

Boo for my IGA not having Kooka's. :\ *sadface* I wanted some biscuits with my coffee today, but they didn't have any, nor did my office refill cookie jar. FFFUUU-

Oh well, Hungry Jacks fries it is then. WITH SPICY SAUCE! (so goot - the sauce that is)

Jintor

New SSD and optical drive arrived! I jury-rigged a temporary SSD enclosure because I didn't realise it was a smaller drive. And there was a little trouble getting it to recognise in Windows, but it's formatting now!

Optical drive isn't being detected though. I'll do tech support on it later tonight I guess...

elfinke

My EzyHD order arrived (20metre HDMI cable and splitter), 3 days after ordering, so a big +1 to them if anyone on here is ever after some cables for their hifi gear.

Which SSD did you end up grabbing Jintor?

legend166

It's funny how easy it is to forget that Wikipedia is full of user generated content. I've just become so accustomed to reading it all and taking it at face value. But every now and again you get hit in the face with something and it makes you remember what it is.

I was reading the Wayne Gretzky page (I watched a documentary on him last night, the ESPN 30 for 30 things), and saw this:

Walter taught Wayne, Keith, Brent, Glen and their friends hockey on a rink he made in the back yard of the family home, nicknamed the "Wally Coliseum" Y HE IS AN APPLE HE WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND TOOK A POOEY AND SAID HEHEHEEHEHEHEH WTF BRRA IM POOED AL IVER IM A BABY GRETZKY ISNT GOOD HES A LOSER AND A TERRHIBLE COACH.[14] Drills included skating around Javex bleach bottles and tin cans, and flipping pucks over scattered hockey sticks to be able to pick up the puck again in full flight.[15] Additionally, Walter gave the advice to "skate where the puck's going, not where it's been".[15] Wayne was a classic prodigy whose extraordinary skills made him the target of jealous parents.[16]

lol

Stackboy said:
No, because of the way a friend was treated whilst working for Team Bondi.
Yeah, I was interested in the game before release. Then closer reading on previews made it sound not that good. Then the consensus pretty much proved that impression. Then the shit hit the fan about the working conditions, and I don't know if I want to knowingly support that.

But I do like video games and like to reward innovation, so maybe I'll pick it up if it ever hits the $10-15 mark. Because I might be principled, but I'm only principled when it's convenient.

Kerrby

Banned
legend166 said:
It's funny how easy it is to forget that Wikipedia is full of user generated content. I've just become so accustomed to reading it all and taking it at face value. But every now and again you get hit in the face with something and it makes you remember what it is.

I was reading the Wayne Gretzky page (I watched a documentary on him last night, the ESPN 30 for 30 things), and saw this:

lol

The weekly 4chan raids are sometimes pretty funny. One time they replaced the Sonic article with Gabe Newell. The Wikipedia mods are usually pretty quick to get onto things though.

If anyone hasn't already done so, get the next Humble Bundle, if you pay above the average price (currently $4.48) you get Frozen Synapse, Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadow Grounds survivor, and Splot when it becomes available. They activate on Steam.

legend166

Sutton Dagger said:
If anyone hasn't already done so, get the next Humble Bundle, if you pay above the average price (currently $4.48) you get Frozen Synapse, Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadow Grounds survivor, and Splot when it becomes available. They activate on Steam.

I sorta wish the 'go to' charity that the video game community always went to wasn't Child's Play.

I mean yes, they do great work and it's a really nice thing.

I dunno, I'm probably being a huge jerk.

Gazunta

BanShunsaku said:
CG Presidog or man in a dog costume?
Just a regular trained dog, all my CG budget will be spent digitally reanimating the corpse of James Stewart as the vice president

I spend a lot of time thinking about these things :(

roosters93 said:
How do you make the background of an image transparent in gimp?
Why would you want to make the background transparent? Try going to the layer at the bottom of the stack and lowering the opacity. Alternately, you could just delete everything on the background layer.

markot

Banned
legend166 said:
I sorta wish the 'go to' charity that the video game community always went to wasn't Child's Play.

I mean yes, they do great work and it's a really nice thing.

I dunno, I'm probably being a huge jerk.
I agree >.<!

I mean its nice and all, but there are more important things than games.

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
I want to see an Oliver Stone-type movie about John F. Kennedog. Or maybe something where Presidog has to deal with a terrierist attack and a hunt for weapons of mass dogstruction.
I like you.

Kennedy's a gold mine for presidential-type humour. Bush, too.

Jintor

elfinke said:
My EzyHD order arrived (20metre HDMI cable and splitter), 3 days after ordering, so a big +1 to them if anyone on here is ever after some cables for their hifi gear.

Which SSD did you end up grabbing Jintor?

128GB Crucial M4. Ended up borrowing cash off my dad to get it today :T

Freelancer pay is (not unusually) balls unreliable

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh yeah and I only found those release dates because a reader sent me a email, no PR from Nintendo, no update on their news part of their site. No nothing. It's like they don't even care?

Jintor

VOOK said:
Oh yeah and I only found those release dates because a reader sent me a email, no PR from Nintendo, no update on their news part of their site. No nothing. It's like they don't even care?

Where did reader get information?

jambo

VOOK said:

Why would they care about hardcore games?

Top Bottom